Coming back to CraftyMynes, in need of advice.

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by AwesomeCreeper50

Hi there. Many of you may not know me, as I wasn't a very sociable person in the server. Over the course of... I think about a year, I have taken a hiatus from Minecraft in whole, rarely touching the game unless I was with a friend on a private server. In an attempt to come back to my roots and enjoy the game I always played when I was a little kid, and remembering how much I adored this server, I desperately want to come back to this server in specific, but be more involved in the community. Rather than logging on, mining for some materials, storing them away in a poorly made base and leaving for the day, i'd rather wish to return and be known by many people, be more sociable in the Discord and in-game chat, make friends and allies, be helpful to the newer users, and more things I probably can't think of off the top of my head. If anyone could give me any tips on how to fulfill this goal of mine, I would greatly appreciate it.

See you all in 1.13 :)

2. Edited 5 years ago by javonjw

Dont trust everyone and expect your base not to get raided and griefed but it can also be fun taking a risk with people no others would trust. Thats how i became basemates with @littleowl3 she took a risk with me and let me into her base a known griefer and we are good friends now

3. Here's a few things I can think of.

1. Getting involved and gaining a good reputation among players would be good! A solid way that players gain reputation is by starting shops and gaining loyal customers. As usual, getting involved in whatever's happening on Discord is always neat and good to follow, there's always some form of activity going on in there every day, and we're likely going to pike activity levels right when we reset.

2. Within the last few months, no one is truly safe on this server like javon said, but however, there's good measures you can take to minimize the chances of someone not finding your base. I went months on break while I left chests filled with valuable items out in the open at a time. Don't let anybody TP to you or your base unless you know for a fact you a trust them. Keep your entities low and go underground if you're wanting to be more ''safe'' but however, as long you're not by the border and at a suitable place on the axis' then you should be fine for above world building. Keep your nether portal away from your base and destroy anything you have on the nether roof. Another core thing, but definitionally not mandatory to having a secure base is trying to build in the nether or the end- Very few people base in either of those.

3. Have fun! Don't take everything super seriously and enjoy yourself- that's the point of CM and Minecraft. If you're constantly worrying or excluding yourself MC, in general, loses a lot of fun value- Interact with people in game or on the Discord and make friends! Start your own faction perhaps.

4. A thing I'd like to note that on this new map mob griefing will be on, so creeper, withers, and ghasts can prove to be a much more serious threat if they are in proximity to your base and cause destruction, withers especially.

4. Join server discord best teammates are ones that u actually talk to in voice. Start trusting people but make sure to always have stuff in your e chest just incase they betray.

5. Well I don't mean to be distrustful but aren't you the guy that bedbombed everyone on that one day?

6. @AwesomeCreeper50 Hi there. Many of you may not know me, as I wasn't a very sociable person in the server. Over the course of... I think about a year, I have taken a hiatus from Minecraft in whole, rarely touching the game unless I was with a friend on a private server. In an attempt to come back to my roots and enjoy the game I always played when I was a little kid, and remembering how much I adored this server, I desperately want to come back to this server in specific, but be more involved in the community. Rather than logging on, mining for some materials, storing them away in a poorly made base and leaving for the day, i'd rather wish to return and be known by many people, be more sociable in the Discord and in-game chat, make friends and allies, be helpful to the newer users, and more things I probably can't think of off the top of my head. If anyone could give me any tips on how to fulfill this goal of mine, I would greatly appreciate it.

See you all in 1.13 :)

I don't know why, but this post made me realize I don't respond on the forums as much as I used to. I wanna change that.

Anyways, Discord can be great if you wanna connect with people on a more personal basis, but I would recommend talking to people in regular mc chat. When a conversation is happening in chat, feel free to jump in if you have something to say. Be kind of course. Interacting with the main consistent player base is a great way to gain and give trust. Chances are you'll find a few people that stand out, and you'll naturally start to talk more. Maybe you'll find a group of people you can call friends!

TL;DR:

Talking in MC chat is good

Find people you connect with

Be kind

Jump into conversations you can add to, even if it's just a small joke or comment

Gain and give trust, but not too fast.

I hope to see you around in 1.13 and talk with ya in chat :D

7. Thank you guys for the suggestions, i'll be keeping them in mind. Cya all in 1.13.
    :)

8. It's been said, but I'd like to reiterate to be kind. It makes everyone's lives easier including yours - and I don't mean be a generous and forgiving player, just in the chat. Be as ruthless as you want - although that's not how I like to play - but as long as you're kind in chat it makes the experience a lot more fun :)

Welcome back!

or Sign Up to reply!