1.9 Updates and Ideas

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

We don't have that, its vanilla.

3. WorldEdit is a plugin as well.

4. I know people here have different views on this issue. It depends on how affected they are. Just imagine if you are in that player's frustration of losing his months work. If there is a choice like paying the server then thats a glimmer of hope. The time we all spend building in the server is the important thing for us. And i already mentioned this, It would be awesome if we can continue this to 1.9.

5. Edited 8 years ago by CraftyMyner

I don't have much data to go on, before I can make any real decisions, I need answers to theses questions:

@CraftyMyner The time it takes to do all this would be expensive, it would be full consultation with the client, I wouldn't be able to automate much of this and there would be variable pricing, likely $5-10 per chunk. What do you guys think? How much would you be willing to pay? what about dealing with the new seed? Would you do this?

6. @crafty. What do you mean by full consultation with the client? As of price per chunk im ok with that. Dealing with the new seed? Im not sure what you mean.

7. Edited 8 years ago by Saderlani

Hey @Crafty! what do you think about adding an experience bank or something like it. imho it will suit the community playing here.

8. I want to speak to the concern about losing time, resources, builds, etc when moving to 1.9.

First a quick note:
    @Atheod do you have an obsidian farm? Yes they patched obsidian generators, but you can get lava buckets and make an afk farm. If you do then it's not going to be _too_ difficult to recover. If not then there's your new project.

You can automate a huge amount of minecraft. You can even automate fishing for example.

Six months is a normal time for servers to reset. The fact that 1.8 Craftymynes has gone so long is unusual.

People, myself included put a lot of time into 1.8 Craftymynes. I have over 44M ticks, and there's people with way more. In that time I finished a base, actually multiple because some were griefed. I finished one really excellent base and when I did there was seemingly nothing more for me to do. Over time I learned more about minecraft, and created a longer and longer list of flaws with my base. Parts are a bit ugly. The layout is inefficient. The location could be better. There's new redstone devices that I would have incorporated into the design, but I didn't have a lot of motivation to build any of that, because what I had was good enough. It did the job, and it would be more work than it would be worth to fix it all.

With 1.9 Craftymynes, I'm looking forward to having a clean slate. I have a lot of goals and I aim to be the best. I want to build the best grinders and farms, have the best villagers, have the best bases, have the best friends. There's nothing about those goals for which I would in any large measurable way be held back by a clean slate. In fact, the clean slate will bring all kinds of new un raided natural treasures back into the world.

If you've ever had your base raided/griefed and started fresh you have already been here before. So maybe we can get some admin help with clearing large areas of stone with /fill but I don't see why we need to copy pieces of the old world into the new.

9. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

@saderlani Hey @Crafty! what do you think about adding an experience bank or something like it. imho it will suit the community playing here.

Here's the best proposal in my oppinon for what I think you are suggesting.
    http://craftymynes.serverkart.com/forums/forum_posts.php?forum_id=1131&thread_id=4183

One note though is that xp is going to be even easier to obtain in 1.9 due to the swipe attack on swords.

10. @pand1024 huh, that's even better! :)

By the way i totally agree with the statement of clear start. New patch = new server = new bases = new challenges.

11. Very true, the reason why I made the new spawn the way I did was because I liked the old one, but there were so many small things wrong with it that I did have the time or ability to change. I have gone through everything and made decisions as if I'm going to have to live with them for many years.

@_Drachenzorn_ What do you mean by full consultation with the client?

I mean that it won't just be a simple, hey, can i get my base on the new server? I would more be like:

Hey I found a new place for my base on the new server and here's the cords to my base on the old server. I would like this section and this one. Ok that will be 5 chunks, so $25, ok. After payment, please wait a few hours for me to get the region files prepared. Ok, how far above ground do you want it? ok, and do you want grass or stone here, sounds good. Please leave the area for a few hours while I replace the region files, don't login to this area until the next restart or it won't work. Now that your base is in place, heres some dirt and some saplings to terraform.

12. @Crafty. Then that arrangement is perfectly fine for me. My last days activity in my base is actually terraforming. The way you describe it is the way I also imagine it to be. Not an easy task but saves some of the big builders here a lot of time and thought on how to work on their builds.

I also suggest instead of the payment make it like a VIP thing but instead of the usual VIP incentives, its more of a base relocation incentive. Like instead of base reloc VIP sort of thing. Just sugar coating it I guess.

13. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

I think if this where to happen, there should be a grace period say a week before the bases were put in.
    This would prevent people with OP bases dominating the early race for resources.

Still I think 1.9 full restart is definitely the best option in the intrest of fairness. It would hardly be fair if people can copy across grinders iron farms and auto crop farms. To then start using while everyone else is in iron armour, struggling to feed themselves.
    Everyone is losing stuff.

14. For me, I just want to transfer the part of my base that I spent a lot of time building, as in a LOT of time, and for me I can't possibly do it again. I will sacrifice also a lot of parts it, I know we will lose a lot but all Im asking is to consider efforts of those who really build and stay in this server. Just to give you some idea of my frustration. This is the list of what I have in my base:

Guardian auto grinder
    85 item Autosorter
    Iron Golem auto grinder
    Autobrewer
    Fish auto farm
    Melon/Pumpkin auto farm
    Sugar cane auto farm
    Mushroom auto farm
    Netherwart auto farm
    Skeleton auto grinder
    Zombie auto grinder
    Cave spider autogrinder
    Spider auto autogrinder
    Mooshroom autogrinder
    Villager trade system

Im willing to leave almost everything except the guardian and the item auto sorter, which is the core of my base.
    I list all this so you could understand my frustration.

15. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

Thats exactly the problem though.
    Even just the grinder gives you a huge advantage over everyone else. Imagine I paid to bring over my God apples I spent so long grinding. It wouldn't really be fair despite the fact I spent years acquiring them.

Its frustrating however that just part of SMP nothing will last forever.
    Everyone is losing something whether it be items, bases or even votes and PvP stats.

The one concession I would make is bases like Sknup or Christianalpha's which are purely astetic and don't confer any advantage over anyone else.

16. As I said, you wouldn't be able to bring over spawners or valuables, so, here's the list of what you would be able to bring over:

Different seed so Guardian grinder wouldn't work...

85 item Autosorter - maybe, couldn't have anything in it.
    Iron Golem auto grinder - may or may not be broken
    Autobrewer - once again, nothing in it.
    Fish auto farm - maybe
    Melon/Pumpkin auto farm - I guess - no starting items though
    Sugar cane auto farm - no items to start with
    Mushroom auto farm - i guess
    Netherwart auto farm- maybe
    Skeleton auto grinder - no
    Zombie auto grinder - no
    Cave spider autogrinder - no
    Spider auto autogrinder - no
    Mooshroom autogrinder - no not transfering pets or animals
    Villager trade system - no

17. Edited 8 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

I'll rest my case. Guess retirement for me. Or I'll just stick a bit more in 1.8 server. Who knows maybe I could also have the time to rebuild in 1.9. Or I could just request for my region and play in single player. My mistake I was too serious in my build. Warning for the builders.

Just enjoy in 1.9 I hope in the future we could think of continuity. A sucky update shouldnt be a reason to abandon everything behind.

18. I didn't make a 1.9 map for a long time because I didn't want to give up 1.5 years of my base (spawn/server). but I'm soo glad that I'm making a new map, there were so many things that I got a chance to look over and improve by so much.

19. As for me, I'm still going to be active. I already told Crafty that I have my trading courses going on so I won't be as active as I was before. I'll be semi-active/active on 1.8 server. Since it's a different seed I guess that we'll have lots of fun and shit but that's too time consuming for me. I'll most likely come on 1.9 when I'll be quite stable financially and when I get my shit sorted IRL. Like, I lost two bases since the last restart.

You know...the one where I wanted to build a 100x60 fortress and then the one with auto sugarcane farm.
    I still have my grinder base which I'm so surprised it's still here and I love it a lot. Sadly the only way I'll be in it is playing on 1.8 server which I prefer over 1.9 but I'll maybe come on 1.9 to see y'all and stuff.

I'm not quitting on the server, I still wanna do what I do best and that's building and stuff but I want to focus on my trading career and I'm gonna be involved in a very lucrative business that'll make me really good amount of money so I'll be able to play on CM, go out, go to gym and other stuff I wanna do.

Like, everyone invested time into making their bases. I mean look at this way, we all were really sad over the map restart last year. I was sad I'll lose my rather a tiny base because I absolutely loved it but hey, restart was needed so it happened. Then I had a tiny base until based LoneWolf invited me to Apathy so I helped them build their second base which was the guardian grinder base. Since they left, the base became mine(even though I still claim it's Apathy's base and it's under everyone in the Apathy ownership. I can't really claim the hard work they've done all to myself.).

I'm not that uber happy I won't have my fancy base in 1.9 but hey, if I get to 1.9 I'll build myself up all over again just like I did before. :)

20. I imagine you don't need my opinion at this point but I vote for fresh start with no restoration purchases, I'm sure we all know what it feels like when our singleplayer bases are partially made with creative mode spawned tools or blocks, well us trying to restore our legacy server bases or inventions wouldn't feel much different and i would go out of my way to avoid the feeling that the world i see wasn't all me (or you), but then I can only feel like this because i haven't been here long and i didn't complete my base.

21. Crafty, I have a base in the works on the 1.8 which at this moment consists only of a hole dug out underground. So far it is 100 x 100 x 12 blocks, which means I have removed 120,000 blocks. This took a while, and I don't need the blocks, but if you could recreate the dig, it would save me some time. I really can go anywhere on the map, it's floor is at Y = 10 and I can show you on the server to prove that I have in fact cleared it out. Not having to start completely again, especially on something so grindy would be amazingly helpful.

Thank you,
    Yelloms

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!