1.9 Updates and Ideas

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

@CraftyMyner This is something I thought of but there's many issues I would need to figure out before I could make this a possibility. As far as just getting a copy that you could use for your own personal use, that would not be an issues.

#1. I don't have a lot of time to be copy pasting worlds between 2 servers.

#2. The seeds are different and would cause headache when trying to get the base to look at home in its new location.

#3. Many players would complain that its a pay to win server. I can hear the complaints already. "Why does Johnny get to keep all his gapples and not start at square one like everyone else?"

#4. One of the big reasons for the reset is to reduce the lag from massive bases and the like.

So, is it possible, sure, is it feasible maybe, are we going to do it, who knows.

3. Edited 8 years ago by GodOfDiscordia

I wouldn't want players to keep their items, just the structure they wish to keep. (In response to the reply from my first comment)

But it's understandable. Ugh, just recreating a 101 diameter sphere does not sound fun. Looool

4. True. Mine was like a 320 diameter circular base with a guardian farm in the middle. Dont care also of the items - gold, gapples and so. Just the time that I used to build my structures. That is more precious than any stack s of gapples, diamonds or shit.

5. So, then what about the other issues, how do I move these to the new server? The amount of time it would take to do all this is crazy. I would have to get the region files of the old server, and confirm that you have access to that base, then download it, put it into mcedit, then remove all items, chests and valuables. Next I would need to confirm that the player has access to the area that they want to put it. Finally I need to download the region files for the new area, Mcedit it into the new area, get it to look somewhat like it was meant to be there, re upload and hope to god it doesn't mess up the server. If anything were to go wrong, best case scenario, I have to start again, worst case I lose both maps. The time it takes to do all this would be expensive, it would be full consultation with the client, I wouldn't be able to automate much of this and there would be variable pricing, likely $5-10 per chunk. What do you guys think? How much would you be willing to pay? what about dealing with the new seed? Would you do this?

6. I think that although that may be what is wanted by most people, The server should be a fresh start for us all. The time and effort Crafty would have to put in, combined with the risk of losing both maps makes it sound unreasonable. Plus what if your base is made out of gold blocks, or has blocks of diamonds as building blocks? I personally think that the new server should be started from a fresh start, even if that involves losing projects we spent so much time on. But we will still have them on legacy, so they wont be lost fully.

7. ^

8. I would be willing to transfer bases, but if your base has diamond blocks, heads, anything that's worth more then quartz, It would be removed.

9. Well, you can move my base the but I would lose all the player heads I have. Will the stuff in ender chests be gone too?

10. For me, Im willing to pay for all the efforts. My base is made up of prismarines, sea lanterns, and quartz. The redstone behind it are the stuff that I treasure most. Took me months to finish it and I keep on improving it even till the day before the 1.9 release. I dont think I can do that again. I might as well retire from MC and the server, which I dont want to do.

Well again Im just voicing MY own concern about this.

11. What about just some basic build help i.e /fill ... minecraft:air

12. Will the 1.9 server world be the same seed as the current 1.8 server world?

13. @Nejie Will the 1.9 server world be the same seed as the current 1.8 server world?

No.

14. It just takes way too much effort to transfer everything over. If there was chosen for the world to be converted to 1.9, then there would be a massive delay for the server to be updated. It might not even be stable then. The current plan that was chosen was is far more logical in terms of balance and stability.

15. @pand1024 What about just some basic build help i.e /fill ... minecraft:air

I don't think I would do this, many players have spent months digging holes or making big towers. The thing about moving peoples bases is that they have already spent the time digging and collecting the blocks, a 25x25x25 hole is like 15,625 blocks, the only way for a fill to be viable would be to have the player give me 15,625 pieces of what they want in the hole and then I would do the fill.

16. Edited 8 years ago by GodOfDiscordia

I wouldnt mind like a 5-10 dollar price p/chunk.

However, I feel that if it could compromise the new world, then I would say no.

My base is literally just a hollow (half) sphere made of purple clay. In my case, you wouldn't need to copy and paste. MCedit //hsphere would be enough.

17. MCEdit is a plugin, Discordia.

18. I say we all begin 1.9 at the same starting line. Give players a single player file of their place if you have to, but to create a new server just to have paying players keep their base changes the dynamics. It's SMP - don't expect anything to be permanent.

19. "CraftyMyner 5 hours ago Server Owner
    I would be willing to transfer bases, but if your base has diamond blocks, heads, anything that's worth more then quartz, It would be removed."

oh crafty crafty please yes transfer my base i dont even have quartz
    i could stay with the group and not lose my months of work

20. I would like to keep my base. But I could live without it and rebuild too. My main grief is losing the hundreds of hours spent mining obsidian. I probably have mined over 100,000 obisidan blocks by now, most of which are used at my base.

If I could receive even a fraction of those after a reset then it would be enormous compensation for the time lost. And this begs the question as to next year. What happens when a Minecraft 2.0 comes out? Will CraftyMynes keep resetting the map from year to year? Then what's the point of spending so much time that will be lost, again, next year???

I'd like to know the answers so I can decide soon whether to continue mining obsidian on the 1.8.9 server...

21. Sorry I was thinking of WorldEdit, lol.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!