Strangers Company - FAQ

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Sofatroll

Hey fellow CraftyMyners,
    as I experienced people asking me a lot about the Strangers Company both ingame and via the forums during the last weeks, I decided to publish a FAQ about us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who and what is that Strangers Company?
    The Strangers Company [SC] is the by far largest faction on CraftyMynes.

What kind of faction is the Company?
    Back in 1.8 when the faction was founded by AlwaysDrunkPunk it had a pacifist policy. No raiding & griefing, under no circumstances. However this has changed a bit. Basically we are still peacefull. We are not interested in starting conflicts of any kind. However if we happen to be provoked in a way that we can't ignore then we are gonna pillage your home and feast on your bones, just to make that clear.

How many members does the SC have?
    Not counting in the people we see as allys we are about 31 people. While the names of the leadership are public, the names of our members are not being published. It's everyone's personal decision to make his membership in the SC public or not.

Does the SC have allies and enemies?
    There is indeed one faction that has proved countless times that it is a worthy and reliable ally, the famous Harvestar Building Guild. Mess with them and and you will have to fight us aswell.
    Apart from that we are allied to countless small factions from which I partly cant tell if they still exist or not, no offence tho.
    Regarding our enemies, well Team Eye is a pain in the ass sometimes, but I think 90 percent of the server can feel us there. However it seems like they are getting rid of themselves by getting their arses banned bit by bit, so waiting is our weapon of choice in this case.

Where do you guys live?
    While many of our people still have their private base, many people build on our lovely island. Pictures about that place that you might find here and there in the forums are never up to date because of it's rapid growth.

What is that Council and who is in it?
    The Council is the factions leadership. It was a significant
    step for us to split power and responsibility among our people, as I was not able to carry that burden alone anymore. It consists of 7 people who can be voted in but also out by the members. The Council is responsible for making important decisions, such as regulating the faction's member input, diplomacy and some more things that would exceed the ammount of information we are willing to publish. Also the Council votes for the King who is our representative.

The King

/ / / -image- / / /
    @MolotovSoda_

The Council

/ / / -image- / / / -image- / / / -image- / / / -image- / / / -image- / / / -image- / / / -image- / / /
    / / @Sofatroll / @Laineyyz / @Tez1010 / @ardoasms / @Slattern / @Tweakerzoid / @3ddy / /

How does one become part of the SC?
    There are 2 possible ways to join this group. Either you are lucky and you get invited (which doesnt happen very often), or you apply for membership. As we have players of all kind we don't look for special skills. If you apply then there is basically only one thing we want to know: Are you trustworthy? We spend lots of time checking that and we have our methods to make sure if sb is just trying to fuck arround with us. Once we made ourself an opinion about a player every member of the council will vote independently. At least 4 people voting "Yes" for you are needed to make it in. If you should apply then please note that it's on you to convince the council. We wont wait all day for you to come on to interview you. You gotta take the opportunity when you happen to see us on.
    Update: Click here to see the application template.

Feel free to ask below if you want to know something that hasnt been answered already.

-image-

2. You should list the roles of what the members are doing ;)

3. @Qfu What do u mean?

4. For example
    Flatcap - Farmer
    Just a suggestion for the post

5. Edited 7 years ago by Sofatroll

@Qfu

@Sofatroll While the names of the leadership are public, the names of our members are not being published. It's everyone's personal decision to make his membership in the SC public or not.

6. i was one of the lucky ones who got invited :P

7. one of the few factions to have multiple staff in it

8. @Venetorem one of the few factions to have multiple staff in it

and even more as allies :P idk if there are any secret alts in here.

9. @ardoasms
    t34 to t54 through t-34-85 then t-43/44
    or t-34 to mt-25(i think) then Lttb then t-54 lightweiht

i like british mediums alot for thier gun D

10. @Sofatroll how many memes do you have

11. How did you get the heads that size? Did you just use:

<[img]url.com[/url]
    Style = "width:#px;height:#px;">??

Or is there some hidden command for aplayer's head?

12. @misterkickman Not quite, looks like they're images from this site:
    https://crafatar.com/

Which lets you customise the image url to tweak the images, including the size!
    https://crafatar.com/#meta-parameters

E.g.
    -image--image--image-

Pretty neat! It's also where the mugshots next to posts come from - I'm guessing thats where Sofa found it.

13. @PapaNeon if need the hookup on memes im your guy

14. In total, how rich is the SC? I'm guessing about a dub of DBs but what am I to know

15. mmm why is there no Creative Director in the ranks?
    Even if I quitted myself the council I'd like to be listed with my current role.

plus we have a internal website, put up by me

16. you guys make me so jealous -.-

17. Edited 7 years ago by Sofatroll

@PapaNeon @Sofatroll how many memes do you have

Other then in our old town, we gladly realized the importance of having all kind of memes arround to keep up our people's morale. While the idea came up to nationalize the memes to then regulate the output, guaranteeing a constant supply, we then decided to leave it to the free market. However we subsidize private operations of our members to find rare memes in the deeps of the internet, a decision followed by great success as I can demonstrate with this super rare Pepe that appeared in our town.

@Cutebot In total, how rich is the SC? I'm guessing about a dub of DBs but what am I to know

I guess the most of our people are fairly rich, however we have a faction bank which is plentifully filled with stacks upon stacks of emmerald blocks. We once purchased military equipement for almost 2k emmy blocks at the Swag Shop (respect for them, it only took them about a day to deliver), just to give you a feeling about the numbers we are talking about.

@HaloNest mmm why is there no Creative Director in the ranks?
    Even if I quitted myself the council I'd like to be listed with my current role.

plus we have a internal website, put up by me

You not only quitted the council but also the server, at least officially regarding your private letter from October the 11th in which you included some people from the Company such as some fairly random guys. While your job Creative Director is important, it doesnt make you part of the leadership, at least not officially which is why I excluded you from this post. Let me quote myself once again.

@Sofatroll While the names of the leadership are public, the names of our members are not being published. It's everyone's personal decision to make his membership in the SC public or not.

However if you wish to, I can add your name since I take this as your permission to do so.

18. Edited 7 years ago by HaloNest

@Sofatroll Other then in our old town, we gladly realized the importance of having all kind of memes arround to keep up our people's morale. While the idea came up to nationalize the memes to then regulate the output, guaranteeing a constant supply, we then decided to leave it to the free market. However we subsidize private operations of our members to find rare memes in the deeps of the internet, a decision followed by great success as I can demonstrate with this super rare Pepe that appeared in our town.

I guess the most of our people are fairly rich, however we have a faction bank which is plentifully filled with stacks upon stacks of emmerald blocks. We once purchased military equipement for almost 2k emmy blocks at the Swag Shop (respect for them, it only took them about a day to deliver), just to give you a feeling about the numbers we are talking about.
    You not only quitted the council but also the server, at least officially regarding your private letter from October the 11th in which you included some people from the Company such as some fairly random guys. While your job Creative Director is important, it doesnt make you part of the leadership, at least not officially which is why I excluded you from this post. Let me quote myself once again.
    However if you wish to, I can add your name since I take this as your permission to do so.

1)I didn't direcly said I was going to leave the server, first, I said I had to take a break due to my situation.

1. those "random guys" are from harvestar, the most, plus other "random guys" who I know since a long time
    2. the fact I'm not in the leadership is pure truth, it should be higlighted as role anyway, since I'm not a 100% stranger to the company (stranger to the stranger's company, awkard), but really nothing changes to me.
  19. Deleted 7 years ago by TheBosmerFalcon
  20. Deleted 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!