Clarification on a Rule?

1. 8 years ago

So, I was on the 1.9 server yesterday for a few minutes, and Danny was talking to FlashFlood, and a few others I can't quite remember right now. They were talking about someone "camping" the end, and I was enjoying watching the blood sodium levels rise and the conversation continued. Then, they started talking about TP killing, to which danny said it was Bannable. This caught my attention, as I wasn't sure if he meant TPA killing or Random TP killing. I asked, and he said TPA killing was against the rules, too. This was interesting, because I was told by either RNC or R4, (I can't remember which one it was,) that TPA killing was allowed, assuming I wasn't just spamming TPA requests to random people over and over just for a kill. For Example, I tell someone that I want to team up, and they willingly accept my TPA request, then I follow them around, find their base, and kill them and take their goodies. When asked this exact situation, I was told by a mod that it was allowed. A few other people in the server were also told that it was allowed, but I can't prove that, as I don't remember their names. (my memory is awful, I know.) So, I'd appreciate some info here, as I'm quite conflicted.

2. I believe that it's 10 minutes after a tpa for kills to be legal, but my info could be outdated.

3. @argonFiles I believe that it's 10 minutes after a tpa for kills to be legal, but my info could be outdated.

See, this is why I'm unsure. On one hand, I have a staff member saying it's bannable, but on the other, I have staff members and regular players saying it's not. I prefer this way of raiding tbh, as It's easier to win trust than run 100k blocks in all directions to find someone's base. and I'd prefer not to get banned over something that is painfully unclear.

4. Deleted 8 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  5. TPA killing is not bannable, since the player clicks "accept". They have the option to refuse.

Random tp killing is bannable.

6. @Blackened_Dawn TPA killing is not bannable, since the player clicks "accept". They have the option to refuse.

Random tp killing is bannable.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I'd like another staff members opinion on the matter too, if you don't mind. I just want to be 100% certain that I'm not gonna get rekt in the future.

7. You mean the other admins? or the mods and helpers? Because all they know is what admins tell them and they assume

8. Edited 8 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

Once and for all- these are the staff agreed upon rules discussed over the past year and constantly monitored, but so little used lately they have been forgotten by players

1. random TP killing is bannable. if you jump in to a random TP with someone you did not agree to TP with, and you kill them, you will be banned. Either one of you, self defence or not.
    all instances will be investigated to the fullest possible extent.

2. Convincing someone to TPA to you, and then killing them is bannable. You are not allowed to coerce someone into a trap.

3. If you accept the agreement for a TPA, and you get killed by the person TPing to you, that is not a bannable offence. Meaning, yes, you can get someone to trust you, tp to them and raid them without consequence. - just mind the killing spam.
    players breaking trust pacts is a part of the game, and you have the option to refuse acceptance.

These are the standard TP rules. Staff have, and will continue, to look at TPkilling on a case by case basis.

9. @BaronBattleBread Once and for all- these are the staff agreed upon rules discussed over the past year and constantly monitored, but so little used lately they have been forgotten by players

1. random TP killing is bannable. if you jump in to a random TP with someone you did not agree to TP with, and you kill them, you will be banned. EIther one of you, self defense or not.
    all instances will be investigated to the fullest possible extent. n

2. Convincing someone to TPA to you, and then killing them is bannable. YOu are not allowed to cororce someone into a trap.

3. If you accept the agreement for a TPA, and you get killed by the person TPing to you, that is not a bannable offense. Meaning, yes, you can get someone to trust you, tp to them and raid them without consequence. - just mind the killing spam.
    players breaking trust pacts is a part of the game, and you have the option to refuse acceptance.

These are the standard TP rules. Staff have, and will continue, to look at TPkilling on a case by case basis.

Thank you, Baron. This is just the response I was looking for. Have a good day, everyone.

10. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

@BaronBattleBread Convincing someone to TPA to you, and then killing them is bannable. ...If you accept the agreement for a TPA, and you get killed by the person TPing to you, that is not a bannable offence.

This doesn't make sense to me. If person A teleports to person B. Person A can kill person B but person B can't kill person A.

11. I can convince a player accept a TPA request and kill them, and because THEY had to click accept, it's alright.

BUT, if I convince THEM to TPA to me, and I kill them, It's bad. Thinking about it, either way, it's a choice on the other players behalf. He chooses to accept, or chooses to send a TPA request. But the admins say that's how it is, That's how it is.

Maybe because if I get someone to TPA to me then kill them, it puts the other player at a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage, having to load in, and generally not knowing their surroundings upon teleporting.

12. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

@neonjews I can convince a player accept a TPA request and kill them, and because THEY had to click accept, it's alright.

In this first scenario if the person you are trying to kill instead kills you then they should be banned according to what @BaronBattleBread is saying.

@BaronBattleBread Convincing someone to TPA to you, and then killing them is bannable.

Or maybe there's something about intent that I'm not understanding here. It's very confusing the way it's currently explained. Does it all hing on who convinces who? Does it matter who initiates the conflict?

With the random tp someone else can try to tp with you without your permission, but with TPA there's no way for a third party come along for the ride. Only the player that A chooses get's a TPA request and only the player that B chooses get's accepted. So it seams like it shouldn't matter if A attacks B, B attacks A, A kills B, or B kills A.

Here's the options:
    A convinces B, A attacks B, neither dies.
    A convinces B, A attacks B, both die.
    A convinces B, A attacks B, B dies
    A convinces B, A attacks B, A dies
    A convinces B, B attacks A, neither dies.
    A convinces B, B attacks A, both die.
    A convinces B, B attacks A, A dies
    A convinces B, B attacks A, B dies
    B convinces A, A attacks B, neither dies.
    B convinces A, A attacks B, both die.
    B convinces A, A attacks B, B dies
    B convinces A, A attacks B, A dies
    B convinces A, B attacks A, neither dies.
    B convinces A, B attacks A, both die.
    B convinces A, B attacks A, A dies
    B convinces A, B attacks A, B dies

I'm both curious which of these are against the rules and why. Also do these rules only hold for a certain amount of time?

13. Your looking at this too hard. there are two sections against TPA killing (the ones where noone dies dosent count)

If they convince you to let them TP to you, and you hit the accept button and die- thats your fault

if you convince them to TP to you and you trap/kill them, you are in trouble.

That is all- you going to them and killing them is fine. them comming to you and you killing them is not.

save for the single instance of self defense, as i said- all cases will be investigated.

14. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

Ok so if B convinces A, A goes to B using TPA, B attacks A, A dies, B get's banned. In all other cases it's ok?

A convinces B, A attacks B, B dies OK
    A convinces B, A attacks B, A dies OK
    A convinces B, B attacks A, A dies OK
    A convinces B, B attacks A, B dies OK
    B convinces A, A attacks B, B dies OK
    B convinces A, A attacks B, A dies OK
    B convinces A, B attacks A, A dies B is Banned
    B convinces A, B attacks A, B dies OK

15. tsu

6 Apr 2016 Suspended

Killing pvp one rule at a time:'(

16. I want to add that I'm actually confused here. I'm not just trying to give people a hard time.

17. This is honestly confusing for me as well, why does that rule exist? I understand what the rule say, about you having someone TP to you and killing them. But the person requesting the TP has the option to not send a request, just as you have the option to decline a request. I respect y'alls decision to have this rule, I just wanna know why it exist. :\

18. With this rule as pand1024 has shown there are so many scenarios possible. It seems like if someone sends a request and plans to kill you they're kind of trapping you in the sense that you're not prepared for a fight. Just like if i accept their tpa and i'm on the edge of a ravine filled with lava or on the edge of a sky base and fall off they weren't prepared. So it's a really tricky scenario. The only options I see is tpa killing of any kind is bannable or tpa killing is acceptable and if you die welcome to PVP. I personally vote any Tpa kills should be bannable however if they get your coords and come back that's your own fault? Just my two cents keep up the good work staff.

19. lol

20. all tpa killing should be allowed. its your fault if you accept the tpa.

also

eberk your bad ked

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!