Move End portal from spawn

1. 6 years ago

So lately i noticed that endermen spawn rate's have been a issue i would go to the end spawn and there is just new people standing in the end not doing anything for over a hour just letting endermen smack them around with spawn protection with 100+ entities. I think the end portal should be moved maybe 500 to 1000 blocks away from spawn but let the coordinates be known . If the end portal is not going to be moved maybe we can get admins and mods to pay more attention to peoples entities. I am not saying that i dont ever have entities issues people just need to be more aware of the rules about entities and how to fix them.

2. I don't understand how moving it would decrease the spawn rates or solve the issue? It's just making it harder to summon dragon or mine for obsidian.

Overall from my experience people racking up entities at end spawn is not really an issue, newbies have a right to epearls too and if they want to do it the safe way then that is permitted.

3. Edited 6 years ago by javonjw

@R4iscool1 you are not understanding what i am saying they are not killing endermen they are just sitting there in the end spawn getting smacked around and if you move it people would not just join server and first thing they do is run into the end its not about newbies having right to epearls you are not online as much as i am not trying to be disrespect full so y0u would not really know what i am talking about

4. also if i see a new person in the end spawn just standing there i throw them stacks of pearls and they are not farming obsidian i think they just thinks its cool to let them hit them without being killed but hey keep it the way it is this is just my observation and i was talking more on the entities . I can always just grind out xp at night like i always do

5. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

Well I dispute that I'm not online as much as you are, I think if you combine my alts ticks it would be higher but I understand what you mean.
    This in my opinion would be a terrible idea, the end entrances would just become a mass camping location, which would prevent most players from accessing the end easily.
    If newbies think the end is going to be hard to access they aren't gonna play here.

If they think it's fun to be hit by ender men while not dying then who are we to stop them? As I've said I've not seen anyone in end spawn ever come up on our entities scoreboard nor seen it as an issue so I don't really see a reason to do so.
    They have just as much right to the end as you do.

6. Edited 6 years ago by javonjw

@R4iscool1 i never said the did not have the right they would just have to travel to get to it thats all oh yeah and you are right there will be mass camping at portals but we do a end warp on book so that could be useful maybe cost few extra credits or something

7. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

I don't recall saying that you said that.
    We don't really have space in the book and the more barriers you add to accessing something naturally part of MC the less likely people will bother playing. Sure in single player it's easy enough to locate an end portal and walk to it, but when we used to have the end portal outside of spawn it was always camped and usually a hole in the ground. Complete nightmare.

8. If this is an issue with just new players, then you could just move the portal somewhere else in spawn. The portal is currently directly in front of spawn so it tends to be the first thing new people go to. If this is the issue then there no need to move the portal so far away. Just don't have it be the first think people see when they join the server.
    TBH I'm not sure this is the issue, I suspect most of the players afk in the end are not just new players, but that just my guess.

9. Edited 6 years ago by SharpSerac

@R4iscool1 I don't recall saying that you said that.
    We don't really have space in the book and the more barriers you add to accessing something naturally part of MC the less likely people will bother playing. Sure in single player it's easy enough to locate an end portal and walk to it, but when we used to have the end portal outside of spawn it was always camped and usually a hole in the ground. Complete nightmare.

who cares if it's camped? should there be absolutely no place you have to actually risk your belongings? it seems like you're anti-pvp on a server which has pvp enabled

10. I want our server to thrive, that means getting new players. One of the primary causes of new players quitting within the first hour is someone getting killed by a god geared player. That's why we have the random rtp's and placed them more prominently on this spawn at every exit.

A server having pvp enabled doesn't make it a pvp server, I'm not anti pvp but I think it should be a choice myself. I enjoy the extra bit of risk the raid and grief brings but I don't think we should force that on people to access public resources. After all most players tend to not PVP actively, mostly just build and we should cater to them also IMO.

11. I think it would be a good idea to have a warp to the end in spawn that costs a credit for each use

12. @R4iscool1 I want our server to thrive, that means getting new players. One of the primary causes of new players quitting within the first hour is someone getting killed by a god geared player. That's why we have the random rtp's and placed them more prominently on this spawn at every exit.

A server having pvp enabled doesn't make it a pvp server, I'm not anti pvp but I think it should be a choice myself. I enjoy the extra bit of risk the raid and grief brings but I don't think we should force that on people to access public resources. After all most players tend to not PVP actively, mostly just build and we should cater to them also IMO.

but nothing has actively catered to the pvpers who want to actively pvp. everything is either a safe zone or a place next to a safe zone. also this part

@R4iscool1 One of the primary causes of new players quitting within the first hour is someone getting killed by a god geared player.

do you have statistics to back this up? also a player who has just joined the server has no business going to the end since it messes with the natural progression of the game.

13. @SharpSerac but nothing has actively catered to the pvpers who want to actively pvp. everything is either a safe zone or a place next to a safe zone. also this part
    do you have statistics to back this up? also a player who has just joined the server has no business going to the end since it messes with the natural progression of the game.

Well we cater to the majority and I disagree that we don't cater to pvp, we have the pvp arena for pvpers to fight if they wish, we even added anti log after complaints. The whole wilderness is pvp too, plenty of opportunities without funneling everyone through one portal.
    We don't cater to pvpers to the detriment of other players, that's not how it works.

No I don't have statistics but I think it would be disingenuous to claim otherwise, a simple spot poll of the server chat would verify this, sure pvpers often claim there is a lack of people pvping.

Servers don't have a natural progression, the fact you start with iron armour and steak itself interferes with the natural progression, that's just the nature of SMP unless you go for one of the pure pure survival servers.
    Newbies may want epearls or houses in the end that's their right.

14. @R4iscool1 Well we cater to the majority and I disagree that we don't cater to pvp, we have the pvp arena for pvpers to fight if they wish, we even added anti log after complaints. The whole wilderness is pvp too, plenty of opportunities without funneling everyone through one portal.
    We don't cater to pvpers to the detriment of other players, that's not how it works.

No I don't have statistics but I think it would be disingenuous to claim otherwise, a simple spot poll of the server chat would verify this, sure pvpers often claim there is a lack of people pvping.

Servers don't have a natural progression, the fact you start with iron armour and steak itself interferes with the natural progression, that's just the nature of SMP unless you go for one of the pure pure survival servers.
    Newbies may want epearls or houses in the end that's their right.

first off, there are multiple end portals in a world, not just one. so you aren't funneling people through one end portal which is ironically what is happening right now.

secondly, the anti log in the arena only announces that you're a logger and has no real repercussions, especially to those who don't care if people call them a pvp logger (i'd say 95% of craftymynes' playerbase).

third, yes there are a lot of areas where people can pvp. what are your chances of seeing someone randomly outside of spawn literally anywhere but the main end island? lemme just tell you it's not a high chance. i think it's very disingenuous to say that this is a server where you "can pvp" but then say "oh well a lot of people don't want to pvp on the server so we should have a lot of safety nets for those players." no. this server is advertised as having pvp and raiding/griefing. they knew that when they found the server, so they know what they're getting into. if i go and create a server and advertise it as a grief and raid server but then it turns out there's also land claim and i just say "well if you can find a way around the land claim or find a base without it you can grief and raid all you want" wouldn't you say it was disingenuous to advertise it that way in the first place?

finally, no one is stopping the new players from going out and getting enderpearls. it's just not going to be as simple as "walk down those stairs right there and get to the end" it'll be more like "here's three sets of coordinates, choose one and be careful because there might be people there" which to me doesn't seem like we're infringing upon their right to go to the end.

15. also, there is still a natural progression on servers whether you want to believe there is one or not. it's just a matter of whether or not you want to see it. you don't magically start out with full diamond armor, you work towards it. you can join a server and within 10 minutes have steak and full iron armor. starting with that i don't feel is a big enough deviation from natural progression. i do, however, think that giving them access right from spawn the ability to go to the end (ironically enough, the end is an "end game" dimension, hence the name that was given to it) completely turns the progression on it's head. at least make them walk a thousand blocks, it's not going to kill them

16. furthermore, i would like to add that the pvp arena is only useful for those that want to pvp. that number is already an underwhelming minority, but couple this fact with the fact that others can jump in to a fight which was once a fair 1 on 1 and now make it a 2 on 1 fight instantly. this makes a lot of people afraid to actually fight in there, hence why it is barely ever used. i can guarantee you if i had an alternate account and decided to play through the entire game from noob to god gear and above without being killed by another player, i could do it a thousand times over. this server caters way too much to the non-pvpers on a server where pvp is enabled by designating us to an arena that has too many faults to be considered a good place where pvp can happen. i actually think that there should be more areas in which players have to go around other players so that more pvp can actually occur, however the one being discussed right now is the end portal which by moving it would actually help more than just the pvpers, it would help the regular player that wants unobstructed spawns at their farms by new players that don't know what exactly they're doing in the end

17. xd

18. @SharpSerac first off, there are multiple end portals in a world, not just one. so you aren't funneling people through one end portal which is ironically what is happening right now.

secondly, the anti log in the arena only announces that you're a logger and has no real repercussions, especially to those who don't care if people call them a pvp logger (i'd say 95% of craftymynes' playerbase).

third, yes there are a lot of areas where people can pvp. what are your chances of seeing someone randomly outside of spawn literally anywhere but the main end island? lemme just tell you it's not a high chance. i think it's very disingenuous to say that this is a server where you "can pvp" but then say "oh well a lot of people don't want to pvp on the server so we should have a lot of safety nets for those players." no. this server is advertised as having pvp and raiding/griefing. they knew that when they found the server, so they know what they're getting into. if i go and create a server and advertise it as a grief and raid server but then it turns out there's also land claim and i just say "well if you can find a way around the land claim or find a base without it you can grief and raid all you want" wouldn't you say it was disingenuous to advertise it that way in the first place?

finally, no one is stopping the new players from going out and getting enderpearls. it's just not going to be as simple as "walk down those stairs right there and get to the end" it'll be more like "here's three sets of coordinates, choose one and be careful because there might be people there" which to me doesn't seem like we're infringing upon their right to go to the end.

Of course there is multiple portals in the world however it's inevitable that the closest one will be used.
    Not only that but it would need some sort of protection to prevent it being a nuked hole in the ground making it the defacto end portal since it may be the only one not lava casted over.
    They can't be camped at the spawn funnel, they can at the closest ender portal as happened when we used to not have one in spawn which directly lead to it being moved to spawn for the reasons I'm illustrating.

Secondly, the anti log is as good as we can get in vanilla without publishing people with bad connections and having issues on restarts. It directly contradicts your claim we never cater to pvpers.

Thirdly, I know the chances are low. That's because people don't want to pvp. The server doesn't revolve around team eye and other pvpers wishes. If people don't wish to be found and engage in pvp that's their right. We shouldn't force them too, just to please some pvpers.

How is it disingenuous? That makes no sense, we modify the server to improve the player experience of the most players we can.

No it's not disingenuous to claim such, we don't go advertising the server as a pvp server. Yes we mention it is enabled in the descriptions but it's not a selling point. The server doesn't claim to be pvper friendly or they it's a focus of the game.
    More over, one of the main reasons it is activated is not to have a factions with out factions experience but the fact that we have no technical method in which we could prevent pvp and griefing.
    Sure we could disable pvp but then we'd have invincible griefers.

No but you are making it much harder on them which negatively impacts our new player retention which is low as it is. Look at craftys stats on how few players stay.
    Never mind the fact the majority of people killed in the first hour by God gear rage quit. The server needs new players more than it needs to let some pvper camp the end portals.

19. @SharpSerac also, there is still a natural progression on servers whether you want to believe there is one or not. it's just a matter of whether or not you want to see it. you don't magically start out with full diamond armor, you work towards it. you can join a server and within 10 minutes have steak and full iron armor. starting with that i don't feel is a big enough deviation from natural progression. i do, however, think that giving them access right from spawn the ability to go to the end (ironically enough, the end is an "end game" dimension, hence the name that was given to it) completely turns the progression on it's head. at least make them walk a thousand blocks, it's not going to kill them

It's not a natural progression, it's a progression yes but not a natural one, That is the nature of SMP as I stated, the fact they can enter the nether instantly, tp thousands of blocks away, get killed, get griefed, start with iron, have good instantly.
    Shows that there isn't a natural progression, sure either a progression but it's not natural. Therefore there's no reason beyond your own opinion of what the progression should be to change the end portal.

20. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@SharpSerac furthermore, i would like to add that the pvp arena is only useful for those that want to pvp. that number is already an underwhelming minority, but couple this fact with the fact that others can jump in to a fight which was once a fair 1 on 1 and now make it a 2 on 1 fight instantly. this makes a lot of people afraid to actually fight in there, hence why it is barely ever used. i can guarantee you if i had an alternate account and decided to play through the entire game from noob to god gear and above without being killed by another player, i could do it a thousand times over. this server caters way too much to the non-pvpers on a server where pvp is enabled by designating us to an arena that has too many faults to be considered a good place where pvp can happen. i actually think that there should be more areas in which players have to go around other players so that more pvp can actually occur, however the one being discussed right now is the end portal which by moving it would actually help more than just the pvpers, it would help the regular player that wants unobstructed spawns at their farms by new players that don't know what exactly they're doing in the end

Yes that is the intention of the arena, if you don't want to fight you don't have too. We aren't going to force people into it.
    I would be of the camp however that would support a 1 on 1 arena as well. To address current arena issues, even though you can rtp together.

Yes if players don't want to be found then we shouldn't force them into situations where they will be.
    As I explained earlier, just because we put pvp in our description doesn't make it a selling point of the server because as we all well know it isn't. Cm doesn't advertise itself as a pvp server, just as a normal server that happens to have pvp and road enabled mainly due to technical necessity.

I'm sorry you don't feel we cater to you enough but the fact is pvpers are a small minority therefore in the interst of the majority of players we do what they want, which isn't creating more spots they can be pvped without consent.

Noobs have just as much right to end as you, doesn't matter if they don't know what they are doing. We aren't going to move it to make it harder for them because you want more spawns.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!