Enderpearls inventory removal

1. 8 years ago

More of a light-hearted post, but I wanted to say I was trying to find the fabled pumpkin vendor I saw only once, weeks earlier (where did he go btw?). Anyways, I went down to the water at Spawn and where I think I saw him, but he wasn't there, but noticed the back door ajar at his counter.
    Thinking myself clever, I went to the vendor to purchase a bunch of nether pearls to get back there to look for him. About 16 emeralds later at the vendor, they disappear from my inventory! Thinking lag, I kept buying up the pearls but they vanished again, this time while I was holding them!
    I concluded someone clever-er made a command that cleared them from our inventories preemptively probably for this scenario.
    Well played, but you now owe me 32 emeralds. I'll take them or their diamond equivalent as my reimbursement. Oh and get rid of the nether pearls as a trade option. Thanks :)

2. rip valgo

3. Edited 8 years ago by pand1024

This is an issue that I have been considering bringing up for a while. Clearing items from a player's inventory is very annoying. I've already had staff tell me that there just isn't a way to protect the area at 64000,64000 without clearing ender pearls but I just don't believe it. What I do believe is that the current method is easier. What about having an ender pearl free buffer zone around vip instead of in it? What about moving whatever is so dangerous to have players near into it's own containment area?

4. First, i owe you nothing- i neither took them from you nor personally caused your loss.

Second, you can thank your fellow players for the removal of ender pearls in various areas, because they couldn't understand "Hey, don't glitch through the walls, the floors or the ceilings" of designated areas.

Its not that the things in the containment area are dangerous, they are mostly individually built sections that are either not yet finished, in testing or are simply put out there because there was no place for them in spawn, like the VIP area and we'd rather not people get stuck in them. break parts or obtain things unfairly when we're not looking.
    So if you feel like complaining, complain to the people that forced our hand in the first place.

5. @BaronBattleBread First, i owe you nothing- i neither took them from you nor personally caused your loss.

Second, you can thank your fellow players for the removal of ender pearls in various areas, because they couldn't understand "Hey, don't glitch through the walls, the floors or the ceilings" of designated areas.

Its not that the things in the containment area are dangerous, they are mostly individually built sections that are either not yet finished, in testing or are simply put out there because there was no place for them in spawn, like the VIP area and we'd rather not people get stuck in them. break parts or obtain things unfairly when we're not looking.
    So if you feel like complaining, complain to the people that forced our hand in the first place.

I know :). The whole scenario gave me chuckle I just thought I was so clever when I thought to try an ender pearl and laughed when I realized of the safety put in. I think I would've been counted as those players getting somewhere I shouldn't be, as I had plans to get into an off limits area to look for the vendor. It's just an awareness post for everyone though.

More to the initial question though, where is that pumpkin vendor?

6. @Valgys demanding reimbursement was probably not the best way to position this conversation.

I'm really hoping we can have a thoughtful conversation here. I can't control the misbehavior of other players. I don't know who these fellow players are. I don't think complaining to them would be constructive. At it's core I'm trying to give feedback on a user pain point. I believe, feedback like this should be a valuable signal for admins concerning what issues, including ones they may already be aware of, should be prioritized.

7. isn't there a way to make ender pearls unusable with out simply removing them from the users inventory?

8. No.
    There is not.

This is the only option we have to protect the parts of the server.

@pand1024 @Valgys demanding reimbursement was probably not the best way to position this conversation.

I'm really hoping we can have a thoughtful conversation here. I can't control the misbehavior of other players. I don't know who these fellow players are. I don't think complaining to them would be constructive. At it's core I'm trying to give feedback on a user pain point. I believe, feedback like this should be a valuable signal for admins concerning what issues, including ones they may already be aware of, should be prioritized.

Theres nothing to be done.
    Taking epearls is the only way to prevent players from glitching and gaining advantages.

9. At a slight tangent...the area at 64k,64k?

10. @R4iscool1 Theres nothing to be done.
    Taking epearls is the only way to prevent players from glitching and gaining advantages.

Not the first time you've said this to me. I still don't belive you.

11. @pand1024 Not the first time you've said this to me. I still don't belive you.

It doesnt matter if you dont believe me thats the simple fact of the matter.
    Any staff will confirm it.

12. @R4iscool1 It doesnt matter if you dont believe me thats the simple fact of the matter.
    Any staff will confirm it.

^^^ Confirmed
    Dont you think if there was another way it would of been done by now? Its the only way to stop it from happening and to keep the game fair for all who play it. Its annoying, i get that, but we have no other way.

13. If you dont believe that there is no way to do that, then maybe you should go find proof that you can

14. Ok here's a 5 minute tutorial that I just made, showing how to do it.

15. lmao staff got rekt by pand

16. Nice job making your case Pand. Good to see effort put into constructive discourse.

17. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

[quote=6073:@pand1024]Ok here's a 5 minute tutorial that I just made, showing how to do it.

We dont do killboxes in spawn for very good reason.
    Otherwise we end up having to retrieve items from those that lag or fields that go awry.
    Theres also lots of complaints from those that die.

18. Deleted 8 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  19. tsu

4 Apr 2016 Suspended

Lol RIP staff

20. Moving this to suggestions and renaming it enderpearl removal

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!