1. 3 years ago
    Edited 3 years ago by VIP653

Ok so, as 1.16 is near and people aren't too sure about the reset, the rumour is that the map is resetting and a lot of people aren't happy about it. For a few reasons:
    It hasn't been too long since the last reset, not even a year yet, therefore, players haven't been able to play for that length of time especially new players. Resetting soon, if it does, also makes players upset due to weeks even months of work put into their base which will be wiped. That is the main reason asking around in chat that people would lose so much hard work, and also losing the countless items they have worked for. Also, as this is a survival server I reckon it shouldn't be reset so often so allow players a chance to build themselves up.
    Talking around in chat another good reason is that regular player like myself will be discouraged to start over again, fresh. People also think resetting CM will make the player count decrease.
    Also, during this period where most countries are on lockdown, there are lots more players online and resetting it would annoy some players and make them leave.

I have a few suggestions:

• Full reset the nether and reset chunks in the overworld that have not been visited in like 4-6+ weeks
    • When a reset happens to allow the players to keep their enderchest/inventory.
    • Or if it is possible maybe have a limited-time option for players to buy their base to keep for the next reset.
    • or maybe even delay the reset if it does happen
  2. Knafeh

5 Apr 2020 Suspended
    Edited 3 years ago by Knafeh

No RESET.

3. While I agree on not resetting the map, I have to ask what rumours we're talking about here. I've heard nothing on my end about plans to reset or not reset. In fact staff has repeatedly said we won't know until the update comes out, like with every other update.

4. my reasons to not want a reset: 1. my base is cool 2. my potato farm cool 3. borderline lazy and dont want to redo

5. @VIP653
    I have a few suggestions:

• Full reset the nether and reset chunks in the overworld that have not been visited in like 4-6+ weeks
    • When a reset happens to allow the players to keep their enderchest/inventory.
    • Or if it is possible maybe have a limited-time option for players to buy their base to keep for the next reset.
    • or maybe even delay the reset if it does happen

1) This looks increasingly unlikely. Due to a hidden change implemented in the last snapshot, ore generation has changed. Simply deleting chunks, nether etc will cause chunk corruption. This is bad.

2) Nope, if a full reset happens everyone starts from scratch.

3) See above answer

4) We dunno whats happening yet all depends on how the final product looks after they're done with the snapshots.

@VIP653 Talking around in chat another good reason is that regular player like myself will be discouraged to start over again, fresh. People also think resetting CM will make the player count decrease.
    Also, during this period where most countries are on lockdown, there are lots more players online and resetting it would annoy some players and make them leave.

This is brought up every single time a reset looks possible some people leave it's inevitable. When our choices are keep the map on 15.2 and annoy the player base because the map doesn't get updated or annoy the player base by doing a reset and updating the map. Doesn't really matter which way we go someone gets annoyed.

@VIP653 Ok so, as 1.16 is near and people aren't too sure about the reset, the rumour is that the map is resetting and a lot of people aren't happy about it. For a few reasons:

Considering that we don't even know what we're doing yet this is quite funny. We won't decide anything until they're done with the snapshots and we have something close to the final product in hand. Considering the sneaky changes they're implementing without documentation we're definitely in a wait and see situation.

6. alright thanks for clearing it up :D

7. No reset please

8. everyone begging them not to reset is dumb af they only reset if they have to regardless of what you want

9. zadrot ebaniy thread

10. I'm fine with a fresh start because I kinda want something that hasn't been absolutely invaded by players for awhile.

or Sign Up to reply!