New mod approval request: Sodium (Fabric)

1. 3 years ago
    Edited 3 years ago by j____a____r____d

Official Link:
    https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/sodium

Sodium is basically Optifine but it actually works, is not a buggy piece of shit that takes forever to update, and the performance improvements are amazingly high due to proper usage of modern OpenGL.

At 32 chunk render distance with a 2070S (nvidia reference chip), Ryzen 5 3600, and Optifine I get 60 fps looking down at an entire generated SP world, but with Sodium I get 300+ fps, which is literally an improvement by 500%.

It's a complete no-brainer to use on vanilla clients and probably the best rendering engine replacement mod out there.

2. Added to the allowed list.

3. @CraftyMyner Added to the allowed list.

CraftyMyner loves his server, thank you very much! Now I can run around with 700+ fps in spawn

4. a true patriot!

5. I saw 110 fps before, 120 fps after. Not sure it actually made any difference for me.

6. @TimmyBoyT I saw 110 fps before, 120 fps after. Not sure it actually made any difference for me.

If you are running very old hardware or drivers that don't support OpenGL 4.3+ then you will not gain much, this mod tries to take full advantage of modern hardware and OpenGL.

7. I've started using it and i've seen like 200% performance inc at least

8. @deyahruhd If you are running very old hardware or drivers that don't support OpenGL 4.3+ then you will not gain much, this mod tries to take full advantage of modern hardware and OpenGL.

My machine is getting old, but I think it supports OpenGL 4.4 (Dual Radeon R9 380's)
    Maybe I should be happy it wasn't worse to begin with.

9. @TimmyBoyT Radeon R9 380

Radeon cards are notoriously bad for OpenGL, usually due to drivers. Try updating them, and if they don't change a thing then that's unfortunate.

10. @deyahruhd Radeon cards are notoriously bad for OpenGL, usually due to drivers. Try updating them, and if they don't change a thing then that's unfortunate.

Good advice, and updating the Video Drivers gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. =)
    No boost to fps though sadly. I guess this boost wasn't meant for me.

11. Edited 3 years ago by onionpaste

I have the Inspiron 5500 (https://www.dell.com/hr/business/p/inspiron-15-5551-laptop/pd ), and I'm not seeing too much of an increase.

Any idea why? @deyahruhd

12. @Unconstrained I have the Inspiron 5500 (https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/latitude-5500-business-laptop/spd/latitude-15-5500-laptop ), and I'm not seeing too much of an increase.

Any idea why? @deyahruhd

Integrated GPU or no OpenGL 4.5 support?

13. Deleted 3 years ago by Turf357
  14. @CraftyMyner Integrated GPU or no OpenGL 4.5 support?

I have Intel UHD Graphics 620, I'm pretty sure it has the latest OpenGL but I'm not sure (last I checked it was 4.4 but I could be mistaken).

15. That's an integrated card, that's your issue

or Sign Up to reply!