The future of Spawn Eggs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@misterkickman Ik, but at times i actually just walk to spawn, its really fun and adds to the game :P
    Also stop changing your skin ffs everyone has a signature skin

someone made this skin for me >.<

3. Blesian

18 Nov 2016 Suspended

@misterkickman ITs an opinion first off, but think how easily things would balance if you had to take a horse or pack of llamas to spawn to trad, i think it would be really cool and fun

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL, BETTER SPEND LIGHT YEARS WALKING 85K BLOCKS JUST TO SELL A SHIT TON OF CARROTS FOR 10 EMS THEN SPEND LIGHT YEARS WALKING BACK. I could walk to fucking Australia faster then I can walk to spawn from my place. super cool and fun right!!!!!!

4. @Blesian Actually without tp you could just use the ender pearl nether portal glitch and get to spawn in under 5 minutes. :) Not walking but doable.

5. Blesian

18 Nov 2016 Suspended

@Cellexya @Blesian Actually without tp you could just use the ender pearl nether portal glitch and get to spawn in under 5 minutes. :) Not walking but doable.

yea let's remove tp and ALL abuse a glitch super cool and fun!!!!!

6. @Blesian HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL, BETTER SPEND LIGHT YEARS WALKING 85K BLOCKS JUST TO SELL A SHIT TON OF CARROTS FOR 10 EMS THEN SPEND LIGHT YEARS WALKING BACK. I could walk to fucking Australia faster then I can walk to spawn from my place. super cool and fun right!!!!!!

See the opinion part? Im allowed to enjoy something and think it too :P

7. Blesian

18 Nov 2016 Suspended

@misterkickman See the opinion part? Im allowed to enjoy something and think it too :P

yeah?? and I was just making it obvious how dumb I think that is, opinions lols

8. @Blesian Never said I was for removing it, just saying there is an easier way than walking 85k back to spawn.

9. Blesian

18 Nov 2016 Suspended

@Cellexya glad to have your vote then, welcome to the Empire!

10. @Blesian yeah?? and I was just making it obvious how dumb I think that is, opinions lols

Damn all i do is state what i enjoy doing and someone isn't okay with that, aight

11. Blesian

18 Nov 2016 Suspended

@misterkickman Damn all i do is state what i enjoy doing and someone isn't okay with that, aight

sorry to see you so down young chap, but some people enjoy getting chump change from ruter on a frequent basis

12. @Blesian sorry to see you so down young chap, but some people enjoy getting chump change from ruter on a frequent basis

I'm not down but idk why people get so upset over this game :P

13. This thread has spiraled a little, but I just want to put in that for me personally, a reset would be a real bummer...

-yelloms

14. @Yelloms This thread has spiraled a little, but I just want to put in that for me personally, a reset would be a real bummer...

-yelloms

^ agree

15. @Yelloms This thread has spiraled a little, but I just want to put in that for me personally, a reset would be a real bummer...

-yelloms

I agree with yelloms and I think there may be other solutions short of resetting the server. Also new players will always have some level of disadvantage when starting out when there are other players that have been there longer.

16. @carhadras I think there may be other solutions short of resetting the server

Please elaborate.

17. @CraftyMyner Please elaborate.

Sorry this is about to be long you have been warned.
    For instance I believe I saw somewhere mentioned earlier not giving out eggs that you would turn into spawners. presumably that meant eggs that there really would not be any reason to want to make a spawner (example: bat egg). Perhaps it could be determined what eggs were given out during the time that it was allowed to trade them in for spawners and after this point no new eggs from future months be allowed to be made spawners. The other thing is that it is a new spawn egg each month so if you do not have VIP + that month you do not get the egg without trading someone thus increasing their value. Also there are spawners naturally in the world that people can use for xp farming. Another option could be to out right limit what you will make spawners for such as maybe a spider spawner is ok but a zombie villiger is not ect.

While some of the older players already have established spawners I do not feel that it is entirely an unfair advantage. The longer anyone plays on this server the more of an advantage they have. Also there are individuals such as cephid that have, in a way, leveled the playing field in terms of a rarer more useful item. Also at the moment everyone has the opportunity to buy vip+ in order to obtain similar items or they could team up with other players who have established spawners. I guess when it comes to the whole spawner thing I am ok with somebody having more stuff than me or different stuff than me. I guess I feel like many people have an advantage in one way or another and I would rather spend my time enjoying the game than worry about what everyone else has. While many are worrying about the economy on the server I feel like it is fairly balanced. A new player has a pretty decent opportunity for success at steady rate. I have only been here a few month but I feel like me and my base mate are at about middle class. enough diamonds to make trades for things we need/ want but not enough to trade a bunch of diamond blocks.

If the reason for limiting/removing spawners is due to server lag then maybe it is best that the spawners go.
    My reason for commenting in the first place was because the more I have been reading this thread the more it seems like people feel like the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket over spawners and that they are jumping to the most extreme of resolutions (server reset) before truly exploring other possibilities. I hope my long response has been helpful and does not just receive a bunch of comments on how long this reply is. if something is not clear or confusing let me know I was about to go to sleep when I saw your reply @CraftyMyner

18. @carhadras While some of the older players already have established spawners I do not feel that it is entirely an unfair advantage. The longer anyone plays on this server the more of an advantage they have. Also there are individuals such as cephid that have, in a way, leveled the playing field in terms of a rarer more useful item. Also at the moment everyone has the opportunity to buy vip+ in order to obtain similar items or they could team up with other players who have established spawners.

The problem is, new players will never be able to get that kind of advantage no matter how long they play.
    It's not because of them being new, it's because it will never be available to them at all.

Removal of this feature will do a great impact to server's economy both in game and in real life. Many players purchase VIP+ to use the spawn eggs on a spawner, and to help the server. You should know that the most important factor in VIP+ sales is the former.

Also, I don't get the main idea of this. What is the problem that spawn eggs cause? Some of them are indeed too OP to be used by players on a spawner but as far as I know, eggs given by craftycrates are hand picked to make sure they are not too OP so that shouldn't be a problem at all. You mentioned lag but I also don't get how removal of this feature would reduce lag. Spawners will keep spawning mobs; zombie, shulker, bat, doesn't matter at all.

19. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

My opinion, SERVER RESET and fix everything that makes the economy of the server broken. As a pro-vanilla player I would like to see this settings/features:

1. mob-griefing enabled
    2. TP to/from HOME and SPAWN area only
    3. NO TPA.
    4. No nether roof travel
    5. No villager trader in spawn OR just some basic trader (default vanilla villagers)
    6. No creative items in crafty crates such as spawner eggs
    7. Set home using beds not books - link text
    8. Optional - fire spread enabled

I know this is quite a lot and I dont think its the right post, sorry for that. Just my opinion.

20. The problem is we can't anticipate what Mojang will change in future updates, originally Shulker eggs were given out because at the time they seemed harmless and did not confer a great advantage over normal players. The introduction of 1.11 changed this obviously and led to a distinct advantage being given to a small number of players, which as a server that aim's to not be pay2win and fun for everyone is a bad thing.
    So it is indeed a problem and the only real solution is to stop putting eggs in spawners, unless you suggest we just remove Eggs from people that paid for them if the game changes and they turn out be too OP ?

Lag does make quite a lot of sense actually, it's not a huge concern but you are far far more likely to grind a useful spawner such as shulker than a bat spawner which in turn leads to more lag.
    We also have had some incidents of Shulker spawners specifically going out of control and having to be dealt with.

21. Im pro to removing spawner eggs. I have some spawner eggs too - mooshroom cows. And I realized they are unnatural.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!