What just happened?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Every time you ask, it takes 2 hours longer.

3. @R4iscool1 We aren't on OVH, we run on a custom host OP nodes. I think the webserver may be OVH but OVH doesn't support OverClocking on cores, single threaded performance is the key bottleneck to Vanilla Minecraft server performance sadly. They also offer Xeon's which aren't suited. So no OVH basically plus their plans aren't really that well suited for gameservers. Multiple CPU's wouldn't benefit the server really which is standard at that OVH price range as well.
    As for getting a 1tb ssd, well it's up to Crafty but it would be expensive and I don't see any particular need for it, given that we rarely restore from backups, 1tb ssd's tend to be lower quality than there smaller counterparts too, due to the development of the tech. Not that hard-drive speed is a big limiter but still.

Yeah, Im aware that CM uses OP Nodes, I said that as in there is a possibility.

4. SO basically, about when will it be back up and running? Just curious since I'm pretty sure you guys still didn't tell us. I know you might not be able to tell when the server will be back online but can you at least make a prediction please? If not then that's ok.

5. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@JustJams Yeah, Im aware that CM uses OP Nodes, I said that as in there is a possibility.

It really isn't one for the reasons listed above. Non of the major re-sellers offer OC I7 6770K, hopefully when Cannon-lake comes out we can have improved performance but I suspect the main upgrades will be on multi core processing sadly ;-;

@Chilled__Chaos SO basically, about when will it be back up and running? Just curious since I'm pretty sure you guys still didn't tell us. I know you might not be able to tell when the server will be back online but can you at least make a prediction please? If not then that's ok.

We cannot make any predictions, depends how fast Crafty can repair.
    Making predictions will just mean people will complain when they are wrong.

6. Crafty did say what had to be done, and neither of them are quick. My prediction from experience (I have had a corrupted server world before) is that it will take around another 2-3 hours.

7. The server could still be down for a while we ask for your continued patience.

8. Does anybody have an estimation of when the server will be back up?

9. @R4iscool1 We cannot make any predictions, depends how fast Crafty can repair.
    Making predictions will just mean people will complain when they are wrong.

10. before i read this is was mad about not being able to join lol.

11. wait, so will some of our stuff be gone because of the rollback?

12. *plays Jeopardy music*

13. Will the sever be back online within a few days or a week?

14. When we know when it will be back up you'll be informed, until then sit tight.

15. k :/ i don't want to wait :/

16. no one does

17. LoL time ! :D (Already played 4 matches xD )

18. League of legends? :o

19. @Abbasilol LoL time ! :D (Already played 4 matches xD )

Lots of Love?

20. Deleted 7 years ago by Block_Head_Guy
  21. Edited 7 years ago by jxo_

The server is online! Still whitelisted tho! Shouldnt be too long

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!