What just happened?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Will the sever be back online within a few days or a week?

3. When we know when it will be back up you'll be informed, until then sit tight.

4. k :/ i don't want to wait :/

5. no one does

6. LoL time ! :D (Already played 4 matches xD )

7. League of legends? :o

8. @Abbasilol LoL time ! :D (Already played 4 matches xD )

Lots of Love?

9. Deleted 7 years ago by Block_Head_Guy
  10. Edited 7 years ago by jxo_

The server is online! Still whitelisted tho! Shouldnt be too long

11. Deleted 7 years ago by 2Chill
  12. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

@_Haxington_ I can understand that the blowing up of spawn was an accident but the villagers could have easily been prevented if they were fully removed.

Since the server was rolled back this does not really matter but I still think there should have been more attention to completely removing them.

He can just as easily just remove the buttons that activate them and still retain the infrastructure should another server-wide change occurs that includes custom villagers. He's got to anticipate for as many possibilities as he can for us.

13. Maybe they didn't want to fully get rid of the custom villager commands for spawning them cause mojang might change stuff in another update, nerf something important, and then some of them are needed again. Maybe they just wanted to keep the commands for something special. Maybe they saw no reason to remove them. This was a crazy accident that enabled players access to the command block, which I don't think has happened before and probably will never happen again, or at least in the near-distant future, so there shouldn't have ever been a need to remove them, as they were useless outside this incident.

14. Why cant you just not complain about this? Crafty has as many reasons to keep the old villagers as you do to keep playing CM.

15. I don't see why this is any sort of issue whatsoever. If you work to create something, then need to disable it, you would rather leave a way to put it back than get rid of it completely. He left them as a backup just in case, the opposite of an issue, rather good practice.

16. SERVER IS UP!!

17. Edited 7 years ago by Dennari43

Thank you @CraftyMyner !
    The gods have restored our lands! Rejoice and Build!

18. I don't know/don't have time to read half the conversations on here.

When I rolled back I forgot to delete the old copy of the map, it filled up our ssd and couldn't save anything.

We have many backups, it was just a matter of finding one that was good and transferring it to the server from one of our backup servers.

We use OVH's best 6700k OC plan with 2 480gb SSD's in raid 1 for redundancy, in hindsight, I should have just kept one SSD for the server and one SSD for an onsite backup but it's a bit too late to do that now.

The villagers were killed but for some reason one of the command blocks were left with a button on it allowing a player to respawn the villager.

We don't use OPNodes and adding a 1tb hd is not possible and upgrading to a plan that can support a 1tb hd would force us to use a xeon cpu that would have less single threaded performance.

19. I thought more command blocks meant more lag? Why not remove it if its not being used at all?

20. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@Cileklim I thought more command blocks meant more lag? Why not remove it if its not being used at all?

They were static and don't really cause lag. Also, there was only one.

@_Haxington_ If Crafty wanted them for reference he could have simply written the command that spawns them on a text file so he could copy and paste it any time he liked.

It wasn't left for reference, it slipped through the cracks. There was many custom villagers and sadly one got missed at some point.

21. For now it appears that all issues have been fixed, if anything new turns up, please make a new post.

or Sign Up to reply!