Minecraft Bedrock Edition

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by CactusOwnage

So the "new" Minecraft (bedrock edition) is getting a bit more popular and bit better over time. Like one server has around 2000 players more on the Minecraft Bedrock Edition than on the Java Edition. This version allows you to cross play with people on diffrent platforms, such as: Xbox One and Pocket Edition (phone/mobile). This version seems quite popular for console players. Since this is the way Mojang/Microsoft wants to head to, I just want to know if there are any plans for CraftyMynes to also get a server for this version.

I know that this version is still buggy and is not available for Mac and Linux, and only available in the Windows Store (Windows 10), but still, I would like to know if there are any plans for this "new" version of Minecraft.

(For people who don't know, you can get a free key for this version on the Mojang website. Somehow they have "temporarily" run out of gift codes, but that's just Mojang.)

2. I don't use windows and have never played bedrock edition. Right now CraftyMynes Java is a full-time job for without full-time pay on top of my real full-time job. Maybe if it gets a bit bigger, easier to maintain and I get some more time on my hands, I will think about.

3. Edited 6 years ago by AttackTeam

Just curious, as I've never personally looked into the windows 10 controls, nor played the windows 10 edition, which is from what I understand, compatible with the whole "better together" version family. I am assuming the control setup is similar to java, since it is based on a computer system, or can someone correct me if this is not the case? If this version could get off the ground, it could hypothetically be branched into a larger audience, for those with other systems of choice, ex. switch, PE, etc.. But this is if the controls can be mapped similarly to java edition, to suit those who prefer that kind of control setup, and the Bedrock edition at some point offers identical content, or close to said content, within technical limitations.

4. No.

That abomination is not worthy of being called Minecraft.
    It has nothing to do with the main game and it is simply a cash grab.
    It is simply pocket edition ported to multiple platforms, nothing more, nothing less.

5. Edited 6 years ago by CactusOwnage

@AttackTeam Just curious, as I've never personally looked into the windows 10 controls, nor played the windows 10 edition, which is from what I understand, compatible with the whole "better together" version family. I am assuming the control setup is similar to java, since it is based on a computer system, or can someone correct me if this is not the case? If this version could get off the ground, it could hypothetically be branched into a larger audience, for those with other systems of choice, ex. switch, PE, etc.. But this is if the controls can be mapped similarly to java edition, to suit those who prefer that kind of control setup, and the Bedrock edition at some point offers identical content, or close to said content, within technical limitations.

The Minecraft Bedrock Edition is a port from mobile to PC (and other consoles), I think. All platforms have a very mobile looking GUI. And every version has controller and keyboard support. So you can also play with a keyboard on mobile and on console. But its kinda bad from what I've heard.

@_Haxington_ No.

It is simply pocket edition ported to multiple platforms, nothing more, nothing less.

Well I guess you're kinda right? I would agree with this statement fully if it didn't have the cross-play feature. And also you are able to get it for free if you already have an account (for now).

@CraftyMyner I don't use windows and have never played bedrock edition. Right now CraftyMynes Java is a full-time job for without full-time pay on top of my real full-time job. Maybe if it gets a bit bigger, easier to maintain and I get some more time on my hands, I will think about.

Completely understandable :)

6. Oh yippee, cross-play with other C++ users only.
    I can't wait to see pocket edition players PvPing against windows 10 edition players, I bet it will be really balanced.

Also I bet we are getting the new microsoft shaders on the PC version too right?
    And they will obviously be free because microsoft would never make you pay more for a game that you already bought...

-image-

Oh wait...

7. Like I said, I'm only interested in cross-play, nothing else of the new version :^)

8. @_Haxington_ No.

Whut?

Bedrock Edition is more popular than PC as many more players have access to it. The game runs infinitely times better (seriously, chunk loading is so flipping fast. C++ is so much better written than Java). It can play across a variety of systems. It has most of the Java features (although notably missing simple mod support). You can still download maps and texture packs for free, it's just that there is a paid option. You can play on the go. Sure, PE PvP is not going to stand a chance against Windows 10 PvP, but I'm fairly sure PE allows for keyboard support (I could be wrong there) if you really want to PvP.

Bedrock is different from Java, absolutely, and I do prefer Java simply because I'm more used to it and it is currently ahead of Bedrock edition, but it's really not even remotely an "abomination".

If by the "main game you mean ability to break blocks, place blocks, PvP, craft, breed, explore, fight, trade, fly, swim, etc etc etc while having very few missing features from Java, then I can't see where you're coming from.

It's really personal preference (:

9. Objectively, it's become quite apparent that Microsoft has transformed MCPE from the simple sandbox it used to be into a money grab. The reason I say that this change of intentions is objective, rather than subjective, is because of the hard facts. Take, for example, this, into account: Almost every month, they release "all-new skin packs" to lure a few kids into emptying out their parents' wallets into buying this useless stuff that should be free anyway. In addition, before Microsoft acquired control, Notch didn't implement any in-game transactions. Could he have made a "Resource Pack Marketplace" to earn money? Yeah. But he didn't. Another point that proves this is that Notch believed in this idea of freedom - a world where players were actually inspired to play the way they want to rather than pay to play - is that a few months before he handed the reins to Microsoft, he set a standard for servers to not give any pay2win advantages with the new EULA.

Overall, MCPE has become targeted toward kids, and this change has rather isolated the older community of Minecraft. I'm a fan of neither this nor the micro transactions they're doing to get as much money out of Minecraft before it dies.

On the contrary, however, since Microsoft has bought MC, the one good thing they've done is added cross-platform compatibility, so that you can play with your friends who may not have a Windows 10 PC / Xbox / PS4. Because of this, I agree with you when you say that it's personal preference.

10. Edited 6 years ago by AttackTeam

@_Haxington_ Nobody says you have to buy said "add ons" to the game. the basic game itself should be fine as is, but you are just focusing on the negative portions of this version, and nothing else. The servers they have running right now are "official". Yes, that means that there is limited support for these platforms in the form of multiplayer at the moment. Plus the whole marketplace is a sore spot for most in the community to begin with. Also what you said is partially incorrect, since that's coming purely from your point of view. Take for example a player that uses the Mobile version, and is more proficient at that than the computer applicable versions. How would that be considered "unbalanced" exactly, if they can do hypothetically better than they had if they were using a computer? Now i'm not saying that the whole microtransaction thing isn't completely unsanctioned or whatever you want to refer to it as being, since it's not just Minecraft that has been having this issue recently, take a good number of games in the "shooter" genre recently with "loot crates" etc. with cosmetics, but then you have the worse end of the spectrum which is paying to win with premium content. Then you also have the side issue of things like that being associated with gambling as well. some decent examples of these in major-ish titles that I've heard of would be, (keep in mind I've not played a good portion of the things i'm listing here) Star Wars Battlefront II, Plants Vs. Zombies II, Overwatch, Fruit Ninja, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the WIld, you name it. DLC, Microtransactions, add ons, whatever you want to call it, it's rampant in the games industry these days, restricting content that could have been added to the game in the first place, slapping a technically heftier price tag onto the game for those wanting a "complete" experience, if you could even call it that.

11. At least Zelda Breath of the Wild is a good game as it is, and the DLC just adds more easter eggs and references from previous games and a new way of transportation.

I can't say the same for Star Wars Battlefront II.

12. EA has been money hungry for a long time, its a pretty bad company lol.

13. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

@_Haxington_ At least Zelda Breath of the Wild is a good game as it is, and the DLC just adds more easter eggs and references from previous games and a new way of transportation.

I can't say the same for Star Wars Battlefront II.

Good game good game modes single player campaign, such an incomplete game....

You must've missed the part when they said that battlefront II DLCs will be available for everybody for free.

Oh and they canceled the transactions

or Sign Up to reply!