Harvestar's Flamingo Scavenger Hunt

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@LillieMC https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/26937792_323657831467886_1879025426_o.png?oh=9c610ab41b1934f496a1676a5818a402&oe=5A5EA0E5
    Found another.
    It had an oak sapling in it lol

Where are the coords?

3. @Cileklim Where are the coords?

oops the coords are 5130/74/-2438

4. thats the one i was at!

5. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Hint time!

Why are flamingos pink?

Flamingos embody the saying "you are what you eat." The pink and reddish colors of a flamingo's feathers come from eating pigments found in algae and invertebrates such as shrimps.

One flamingo seems to have a way different diet than others because its feathers are blue. It was last spotted in around 4000/-7800 and it doesn't seem to stay at one place for more than a few minutes. Bird spotters seem to be rushing to the spot to take a picture of it before it goes away! It will probably be gone in 2 hours.

6. -image-
    -image-

7. @Urid -image-
    -image-

The flamingo in the second picture was already claimed by another player.

8. Congrats to @Teknomancer for finding the Blue Flamingo!

9. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Hint time!

Lots of flamingos can be found in 5k radius of spawn!

10. Cool :P

11. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Hint time!

Where does the word "flamingo" come from?

The word "flamingo" comes from the spain and latin word "flamenco" which means fire, and it refers to the bright colour of the bird's feathers.

These flamingos are lit! 3 Fire flamingos have been spotted near 4800/6000, 5000/-6000 and -6000/-2000. Bird spotters suggest that they will be gone in 2 hours! Good luck, hunters.

12. Congrats to @Argail and @MaggiAusDaKann for hunting the Fire flamingos!

13. -image-

14. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Urgent!

Another blue flamingo has been spotted in around -15000/-12000. Bird spotters were fascinated by its beautiful blue feathers. It will be gone in 1 hour.

Update: The blue flamingo flew away!

15. There has s been talk about how much we really invested in this event.

I Have said the team and a few players have donated around 200 DB in value inthe form of diamonds, goods and gear so lets take a quick tally.

1st prize God set (11DB), God apple notch type (min value 10Db and Ive seen higher offers)
    god elytra (5Db), 3 shulker chest ( average is 1DB each), beacon (4DB) and a snow golem egg ( 5 to 15 DB it varies so lets say 10DB. So first prize is worth Min 43DB .

With these base numbers its easy to see how we hit 200DB.

We also gave out 20 picks with 10 being god picks worth 3db each, 10 axes with 5 being god axes min. Ii saw 10 bows 5 god, blocks of diamonds 16 stacks of iron ingots, 2 stacks gold blocks, 2 stacks ghast tears, 2 stacks gunpowder 6 stacks of rockets 2 double chests of enchanted books ranging form so-so to top enchants.

Not to mention stacks of concrete, concrete powder, glazed terracotta, shields, banners, netherwart stacks and really that is just a short list of what i saw. I also saw name tags, ink sack stacks.

I hope that helps to explain my claims and encourage you to continue hunting and having fun. We really wanted something that all players could have fun and equal chances to win free prizes.

Thank you all who voted Harvestar as the most like team faction.

16. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Hint time!

Ultra-Rare Black Flamingo Spotted in Cyprus

For one flamingo in Cyprus, black is the new pink.

The bird’s unusual plumage comes from a genetic condition called melanism, which causes excessive pigment to darken feathers. It’s occasionally seen in hawks and ducks, but has only been observed in a greater flamingo once before, in a bird filmed in Israel in 2013.

Seems like this rare bird migrated to CM as it was spotted in around 12000/9000. Bird spotters suggest that this flamingo might have a little bit better loot than the rest!

17. Deleted 6 years ago by MaggiAusDaKann
  18. Deleted 6 years ago by MaggiAusDaKann
  19. https://imgur.com/a/E7zad
    X:10700 Y:77 Z9030

20. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Congrats to @MaggiAusDaKann and @kinkyboss for hunting the Black Flamingo!

21. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Urgent!

The Blue Flamingo has been spotted again in around -15000/-14000. Bird spotters suggest that it might have a little bit better loot than the last time!

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!