1. 5 years ago

With 1.14 probably being released within a couple of months, people are probably wondering if there's going to be a 1.14 reset. So, will there? Will it be partial or full? How long after 1.14 will the reset happen? @CraftyMyner
    Thanks, FieryPhoenix

2. They can’t make a decision until they get a date on the release. And then at that time they have been known to put it to a vote.

3. To be honest, we just reset 6ish months ago, and if we start resetting every time an update brings changes to world generation the server could start losing popularity.

4. We had a reset on September or something like that.
    Not few days ago we had a partial reset.

If we reset again that'd be dumb.
    I'm not sure why would they reset it though.

5. @iDogeTwinkie We had a reset on September or something like that.

The 1.14 update is bringing new structures and mobs, a reset would allow for these to spawn.

Other then a total reset one way of solving the problem could be expanding the world border, assuming that the server could handle that.

6. I actually think if it’s non-command block related, we can get by with a partial. I seem to recall Crafty mentioning that once.

7. @Zaper8 The 1.14 update is bringing new structures and mobs, a reset would allow for these to spawn.

Other then a total reset one way of solving the problem could be expanding the world border, assuming that the server could handle that.

Mobs and new structures will be able to generate in new chunks

8. @iDogeTwinkie We had a reset on September or something like that.

july.

9. @Blackened_Dawn july.

Right :D

I'm sorry my Master Dawn D:

10. @Zaper8 The 1.14 update is bringing new structures and mobs, a reset would allow for these to spawn.

From what I see, don't expect a bigger world border.
    I don't know if Crafty will reset it, hopefully not. :)

11. i rly wouldn't mind a reset but i also think it'd piss a lot of people off and be a lot of work

12. I would rather not reset again so soon tbh. But gotta be done if needs be

13. Edited 5 years ago by Valgys

way too early to be talking reset. Just know before 1.14 drops, you'll hear about what happens next far in advance. Don't think it's good to be speculating without even a release date. IMHO

14. Just curious if there was a map reset what about doing an extreme hills map? Or is that too taxing on the server to generate that type of world? I see that option in single player mode and was just curious if it was possible on a vanilla server.

15. Edited 5 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

@humfrydog Just curious if there was a map reset what about doing an extreme hills map? Or is that too taxing on the server to generate that type of world? I see that option in single player mode and was just curious if it was possible on a vanilla server.

What your talking about is amplified, and when Ive tryed that on a singleplayer world its been pretty laggy, so with multiple people on at once must be really laggy.

16. @FieryPhoenix64 What your talking about is amplified, and when Ive tryed that on a singleplayer world its been pretty laggy, so with multiple people on at once must be really laggy.

that was my fear but was curious anyway. ty

17. Yes, extremely laggy.

or Sign Up to reply!