Can we have the chests back at spawn?

1. 4 years ago

Was there a pressing need to remove the normal chests from spawn? It was fun being able to use them for things like stashing loot for new players, hiding something good for someone else to hunt for, or just dumping trash that other people could scavenge. It was always fun in the 1.13 map to just check them out and see if you found anything cool... like a chest full of fish or armour.

Sad that they're gone. :(

2. @Xenial_Jesse Was there a pressing need to remove the normal chests from spawn? It was fun being able to use them for things like stashing loot for new players, hiding something good for someone else to hunt for, or just dumping trash that other people could scavenge. It was always fun in the 1.13 map to just check them out and see if you found anything cool... like a chest full of fish or armour.

Sad that they're gone. :(

As always, someone had to find a way to ruin them, we had a string of players who used them to duplicate huge numbers of items only seconds after joining the server. The will be added back once the duppers calm down.

3. Ah wow, doh and ok.

*mutterpunksprobablydupingTNTmutter*

4. Yeah, no way that explosion at your base was legit Xen

5. without the chests at spawn what are we to do with all the iron armor we buy when trying to n lock armorer trades.

what are we to do with all the stone tools we buy when trying to un lock all the tool smith trades.

It seems such a waste to jsut toss them into lava.

6. if you toss them into the ocean, you can pretend the fish have their own little society and you just provided them with guard outfits and mining tools!

7. You could put them in the furnaces and hope some new guy will check them?

8. Just thought you guys should know that there are 2 chests still at spawn. I think its in the house that was called Craftymyner's house in 1.9? Not sure, I can show staff later if its a problem.

9. The chests are back now!

10. I kinda liked the idea of donating them to the fish colonies, but i'm sure the drowned would've stolen them.

or Sign Up to reply!