The future of the Server AI

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@mightymyntz I'm a grandma when it comes to how MC servers and the like work, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

There's a separate software program/system that does all the server commands? I thought it was done by command blocks... which I also thought were spawnable in-game and therefore didn't require external software.

I'm in the same boat! That's exactly what I thought lol.

3. @CraftyMyner I am 99% sure that I can come up with my own system though.

i think you could come up with a system thats even better, you have the skills and you have the passion from what ive seen. you got this!

4. I do got this:

A little sample:

{
        "question":"What is the website link?",
        "action":"get.info.website",
        "score":0.897
    }
  5. but that's really strict on what they have to type right?

6. @mightymyntz I'm a grandma when it comes to how MC servers and the like work, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

There's a separate software program/system that does all the server commands? I thought it was done by command blocks... which I also thought were spawnable in-game and therefore didn't require external software.

Well, those commands are really good at answering typical questions, so i suggest the same thing too...

7. Nope, this one is better then the last I think, I can set how sloppy a person can type per question rather then per action. It also learns, so if someone finds a new way to ask for a book, I can approve it and then it will become a way to ask for a book.

8. @CraftyMyner Nope, this one is better then the last I think, I can set how sloppy a person can type per question rather then per action. It also learns, so if someone finds a new way to ask for a book, I can approve it and then it will become a way to ask for a book.

you may want to add a link to the book in the tpa question

9. Edited 7 years ago by MagnaOpera

I think that's big money to be laying down on such a function. It's nice but not really essential, and we have plenty of staff to answer questions. You should have a go at doing it yourself, to be honest I thought you wrote it anyway, didn't realize you needed to pay for it. maybe you could start off with a simple catchall that just tells people to use their book as a stopgap measure while you write a more detailed script.

Who knows maybe you would end up with your own auto answer question bot to undercut theirs. Cheeky buggers.

10. Deleted 7 years ago by MagnaOpera
  11. We do have a lot of players willing to answer questions.

12. The thing is, I did write most of it, the only thing I got from the payed service was a nice web interface and some basic English detection. It has a lot more features that I would never use/not worth it for me to pay so much.

I am pretty much done my own versions as I only had to make a interface for what I have already.

13. by interface, do you mean the server side interface or a outside of server interface for people running the server to add details to the bot.

14. I have been happy with the way this server ran long before server AI, I'm sure any decision you make will be fine. I think the people who are really going to be affected are the staff. It's back to saying "Use your book" 100 times a day.

15. @ardoasms by interface, do you mean the server side interface or a outside of server interface for people running the server to add details to the bot.

There's a website that has nothing to do with minecraft servers. It is like a text based siri, but not programmed, it only gives you language parsing.

16. ahh, ok that makes sence. experienced players and staff can handle a lot of the questions between ai systems so you should be fine to design something your happy with

17. You see, if I were you I would come up with my own. I'm too fucking dumb to do something like that and you're quite fucking smart when it comes to shit like that. So, to be honest, if it doesn't cost you anything to make your own, you can drop all that crap and keep the money for other shit.

You said it yourself you're using so little of their shit services so I don't know what's the hold up when it comes to coding your own thing. The way I see things, you're saving yourself money & you'll have more uniqueness on the server which will be greatly appreciated by all players that play on this server and that, my friend, includes this Croatian noob in Minecraft. :)

Better invest into better gear for the server, unless you got the best of the best, ya know, top notch shit.

I would always invest into shit that gives me more benefits. Your every penny you earned from donations is worth to invest into better stuff because that motherfucker is literally overpricing the living shit out of services you most likely don't or will never use.

It's up to you though, I never touched anything regarding server AI(which I still got no fucking clue what's that) so I can't say anything regarding that. :)

18. Yay server improvements :)

19. The forums being made by you have been a great change, looking forward to the improvements you'll make to the AI!

20. I would just keep the KD and votes and have all the questions asked by new players awnsered by staff instead of a bot.

21. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@gilbertboys I would just keep the KD and votes and have all the questions asked by new players awnsered by staff instead of a bot.

A bit late there Gib, I already made my own from scratch like 6 months ago.

or Sign Up to reply!