1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

good job and thanks to all the admins and crafty! your idea for whitelist worked! it stopped 95% of the people logging in, and the others were banned after!
    (plz fix these pictures ill never be able to do it right :P)
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    Thanks for stopping that group of jerks!

2. The big cheese strikes again , foiling the plots of the butthead :D

3. yup

4. :D

5. I'm on their stream, DO NOT UNWHITELIST THE SERVER, they have 1000+ people trying to get in!!

6. @misterkickman I'm on their stream, DO NOT UNWHITELIST THE SERVER, they have 1000+ people trying to get in!!

nvm i just heard how the whitelist system works

7. Was this another attack today?

8. @carhadras Was this another attack today?

4 more attacks, yes

9. That is really sad that these people have nothing better to do than to cause other people trouble. Also that they think it is funny. That really makes me mad!

10. @carhadras That is really sad that these people have nothing better to do than to cause other people trouble. Also that they think it is funny. That really makes me mad!

It's alright, they failed anyway, they just can't take the L ;P

11. Edited 7 years ago by carhadras

@Chips_The_Gamer It's alright, they failed anyway, they just can't take the L ;P

Hopefully their failure will deter them for a while and whether they fail or not the attitude behind their attempt is what annoys me. I am glad to hear that they failed. =)
    And Congratulations to the Admins and Staff for successfully turning back the tide.

12. They tried 4 times this stream so far. theyre stubborn but i think theyre getting the message

13. What happened? I don't understand...

14. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

@BaronBattleBread They tried 4 times this stream so far. theyre stubborn but i think theyre getting the message

Lol I found it funny on the part of the stream I watched where he tried to get on and it said "whitelisted" and he said "oh thats too funny" like it was what he wanted to happen and it was part of his plan.
    I believe he deserves a

L

15. I like how they still think it's the admins whitelisting the server and if they login fast enough, they could crash it. Little do they know, it's automated any they can't bypass it.

16. @CraftyMyner I like how they still think it's the admins whitelisting the server and if they login fast enough, they could crash it. Little do they know, it's automated any they can't bypass it.

That just makes it even better. Now they can't cause issues if ya'll aren't on when they try. Excellent job on nipping them in the bud. =)

17. @CraftyMyner I like how they still think it's the admins whitelisting the server and if they login fast enough, they could crash it. Little do they know, it's automated any they can't bypass it.

So, when it detects too many people entering the server it whitelists it?

18. @Jordi223b without going into too many details, yes. Thats how it works

19. What Fit is doing is illegal, so the easiest way to handle him doing this is just to report his channel/stream next time this happens. State the whatever you want concerning that you were affected by the stream and his DDoSing activity, but be sure to mention that it violates US Law under under a section of the "Computer Fraud and Abuse Act reffering to DDoS."

To report a stream/video, go to the right of the like and dislike buttons and click on "more." Infringes my rights, "other law/other legal claim" then cite the info above if you feel like it. If he gets enough flak for being an idiot or his page gets shut down he'll stop.

http://ddosattackprotection.org/blog/is-ddos-illegal/

20. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

I'm sorry but what he is doing is actually in no way illegal.
    He's not Ddosing us, encouraging lots of players to join and to crash as server that allows public connections is not illegal. It's not a ddos either.,
    He bypassed no digital locks nor did he send any unwanted packets, he just advertised a server which allows normal players to join anyway which is in no way illegal.

It is however in violation of YouTube Terms of service, so I would encourage reporting the streams although I'm doubtful of the impact.
    Entering a game server when you have been forbidden to do so, could technically be considered illegal however its completely untested ground and unlikely to secure a conviction either.

Really though, the issue has been sorted with the implementation of auto whitelist.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!