1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@Cileklim Such as? 1080 SLI? lol

4x Pascal Titan SLI

Intel core i7 6950X

128 GB DDR4 RAM

SSD

5K Display Ultrawide

3. @iDogeTwinkie This one I'll order has a 1TB HDD. I'll upgrade it to 2TB and SSD has 128 GB. I'll upgrade that to the maximum I can put in. I was thinking to upgrade RAM from 16GB to 32GB. All that shit will wait though. I'm about to spray €1,600 on a laptop so I'll have like €200 for the rest of the month lmao. It hard life man. :P

I plan to play GTA 5 Online, newest NFS and whatever I can play on it. Can't wait to get it ayy lmao :D

I'll use it for gaming, Forex business purposes and graphics design so yeah :)

Do you really need to take your laptop around? Otherwise you can buy/build a better desktop.

4. Ive heard that razer blade laptops are good too.

Also i hear people saying desktops are better and all(which for the price they are it is better i think). But what brand of desktop does everyone recommend? In the event i actually buy a desk i may decide i also need a desktop to go with it. Ive heard people say build one but idk in the slighest how to do that. I don't plan on buying a new computer for probably a year or so. But it'd be nice to know what to look for.

5. Edited 7 years ago by CactusOwnage

You can of course buy pre made desktops if you don't want to take the effort to build one. And with pre made desktops you have a easier warranty if something breaks. But if you build one yourself, you can pick the hardware to your liking. And you might save some cash.

For example:

I built a gaming pc for roughly 1400 euro's.

Specs:

I7-6700k
    16 GB DDR4 ram @ 2133mHz
    ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Corsair RM750X power supply
    NZXT S340 Case

If you'd buy a pre made pc I expect that it will costs like 200 euros/dollars more? Not sure about it.

Currently the new graphics cards from Nvidia are also available for laptops. But you need to spend way more for those video cards. Most laptops that are around $1600 have:

I7-6700HQ
    16 GB DDR4 Ram
    GTX 970m/980m or maybe a gtx 1060

Those aren't bad specs at all but you can get a little more for your money. Besides if you don't want to spend much, AMD has some new video cards: RX460/470/480. Those costs much less than high end video cards but still are pretty powerfull.

It takes some planning and stuff to build your own pc but in the end its totally worth it. I also don't have much experience with hardware but I still managed to build one. Just look up some tutorials on youtube. But yeah it can be a pain when your pc doesn't boot up or something is wrong etc..

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with anything.

6. @_Haxington_ 4x Pascal Titan SLI

Intel core i7 6950X

128 GB DDR4 RAM

SSD

5K Display Ultrawide

4 way sli is no longer supported by nvidia in the latest generation of cards, if you want 4 cards, i suggest amd and 4 way crossfire

7. Don't get whatever warriors got ,it makes weird noises o.o

8. @ardoasms 4 way sli is no longer supported by nvidia in the latest generation of cards, if you want 4 cards, i suggest amd and 4 way crossfire

Why Nvidia... Why...

9. @_Haxington_ Why Nvidia... Why...

not many used it

10. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@_Haxington_ Why Nvidia... Why...

It still exists, sort of.
    What they did was stopped properly supporting it and implementing in games since it was pointless for that purpose due to CPU bottlenecks and an engineering problem.

You can still connect 4 cards together using sli bridges though and they have profiles for limited applications it just won't have any proper support and to make use of it the dev of the application or game will need to use DX12 to access it which is unlikely for a small subset of users.

11. Lenovo Y700
    15.6-Inch
    i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz
    1TB 5400 RPM
    8GB DDR4
    GeForce GTX 960M 4GB DDR5

12. Or Asus, Asus has been consistently at the top of the list for a few years http://gaminglaptopunder1000.org/

13. @CactusOwnage I7-6700k
    16 GB DDR4 ram @ 2133mHz
    ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Corsair RM750X power supply
    NZXT S340 Case

You could probably shave off a little more by getting the ASUS Z170-E and 650W might be enough for the Power Supply. Just bought my own pc. Still need to put it together :)

14. Edited 7 years ago by CactusOwnage

@pand1024 you probaly could :) The 750 watt power supply is a bit overkill I know. But cool that you are putting a pc together now too! What kind of hardware do you have?

15. I play on a 17in ASUS Rog but I plan on selling it and building my own PC

16. http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/3687 .

17. @CactusOwnage @pand1024 you probaly could :) The 750 watt power supply is a bit overkill I know. But cool that you are putting a pc together now too! What kind of hardware do you have?

I went all out with a gtx 1080, i7 6700k, 950Pro SSD, 32gb DDR4. Not something I could have afforded a few years ago.

18. @pand1024 Very nice!

19. @pand1024 I went all out with a gtx 1080, i7 6700k, 950Pro SSD, 32gb DDR4. Not something I could have afforded a few years ago.

im runnin a 6600k, a 1070, and 16 gig ram, so yours is a step or 2 above mine

20. @R4iscool1 It still exists, sort of.
    What they did was stopped properly supporting it and implementing in games since it was pointless for that purpose due to CPU bottlenecks and an engineering problem.

You can still connect 4 cards together using sli bridges though and they have profiles for limited applications it just won't have any proper support and to make use of it the dev of the application or game will need to use DX12 to access it which is unlikely for a small subset of users.

i have actually seen it tested on games from a reputable you tube channel, many games wont even load with more than 2 gpu in 10 series cards

proof:

21. I recently purchased an HP 15in Envy with Bang & Olufsen speakers.

I don't use it for much more than making music, playing MC/Runescape, and web browsing, but it is amazing.

A little over $700.

or Sign Up to reply!