As all of you are aware our server has not had the best uptime recently along with patches of lag and with downtime going into days; we believe like you that this is not acceptable. We have voiced our concerns and our network provider has listened... But there is a catch.
Currently we are hosting in NYC on the other side of the country to the guy who owns our hardware. Therefore, this is going to change with the server box moving from NYC to LA. This means that our technical support will be a few mins away by car instead of forcing him onto a plane to go address any issues that arise. This will improve our server performance and eliminate a majority of our downtime problems from days to minutes or hours.
Now unfortunately we don't have much say in this nor do we control the time frame they have given us. To be exact, 5 days from this post he will be removing the hardware from its current location and moving it, including all back up servers.
I can already hear a lot of you asking "What does this mean for CraftyMynes?" It means in the interim we will be switching hosts to OVH. "Well okay then but what does this mean for the map?" this is where things get tricky.
For a while now and I mean a good 6 months, the Administration team has tried to come up with ideas to stabilize the economy. The Casino was a last resort which didn't go as we intended it to for a variety of reasons. Staff wear a lot of the blame for the current state of the economy, but to an extent so do players. We have learnt a lot about creating new and exciting things for players to do and use. Probably the most important thing we learned is that, no matter how much we try to prevent it, people are going to find ways to exploit the things we create. "But we as players aren't responsible if we can do x or y using something that you guys created" to an extent we agree. However if you find a fault or exploit in something we create, we would ask that you report it before it gets out of control and we need to take action.
What does this all mean though!? This means that the issue with our service provider has forced our hand into a reset. In 5 days time we will be relaunching CraftyMynes hosted by OVH with a new seed. Spawn will remain relatively the same however there will be a few changes. Once our new hardware is up and running (sometime in late January) the map will be transferred to it, the downtime will hopefully be minimal and won't impact too many players.
Going forward these will be the changes to the way the server operates:
1) Custom villagers will be removed all together. All villagers in spawn will be generic villagers, there will be no librarians or map makers.
2) The November Crafty Crate will be reissued to those who have already bought it this month.
3) Admins will no longer be changing spawners with eggs, this allows us to give out villager eggs etc in the future in crates making them more appealing.
4) The Casino will be out of order until further notice.
5) CraftyCoins will no longer be issued for voting until further notice.
6) There will be an option for those who are interested in obtaining your base for purchase.
7) A new system for settable warps will be implemented. This means you'll be able to set a point that you can teleport to and from at the cost of a vote.
- Warps will also work in the nether and the end.
- Standard players will have access to 1 settable warp at the cost of 1 vote to teleport to it.
- VIP players have access to 2 settable warps with the first one being free to teleport to and the second warp costing 1 vote per teleport to it.
- VIP+ players gain access to 2 settable warps and as long as you hold VIP+ both will be free to teleport to.
- As a side note of these changes, they help to keep us compliant with the ELUA which we try to adhere to as best we can, even as they change it.
8) The server rules are undergoing revision more information will be made available later. (Server up and running first, everything else is second priority)
During the next 5 days, the Administrator team will be scrambling to get everything organized on the new server. This will be a testing time for us, as we have to blend spawn into the new seed along with making sure all the server functions are up and operational. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we are just as frustrated by this change as everyone else.
This thread will be kept open for discussion and we will do our best to address your concerns or questions.