Welcome message

1. 7 years ago

so after a brief break, i returned to CM and was instantly horrified at how cluttered the chat is when multiple new players join. Enough said! its simply too long, it should be reduced so that the server whispers to the player that it can vote for warps and food etc

2. ESC>OPTIONS>CHAT SETTINGS>CHAT: SHOWN / COMMANDS ONLY / HIDDEN

3. Edited 7 years ago by T0rsion

I agree with @TheForgotten20 the welcome message is a bit much and when multiple people join and staff deploy that message it spams the chat. It is a bit much for newer players and, in my opinion, makes the server seem less vanilla.

When I first joined the first thing I did to ensure vanilla integrity was press tab and look at the commands. I didn't see non vanilla commands so I stayed. I am pretty sure that if I joined and immediately got a message talking about warps and CraftyCredit and voting then I would leave.

4. @TheSpiderman2013 ESC>OPTIONS>CHAT SETTINGS>CHAT: SHOWN / COMMANDS ONLY / HIDDEN

If I did that I wouldn't be able to see the other very useful prompts such as voting links etc.

5. If you're worried about spammed chat then it works just fine

6. When you need to talk and do business and whatever via chat that doesn't work very well.

7. If it bugs you that much then hide it. Simple

8. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Pretty much what spiderman said, there's a number of advantages to keeping it in public chat such as reminding and encouraging people to vote more than the regular messages do, the normal messages simply didn't do enough.
    It's also pretty important to mark out newer players to a degree.
    Also if you think your chat is spammed you should see what the staff see or crafty does when he logs on in his alt.

9. @_Confederacy_ When you need to talk and do business and whatever via chat that doesn't work very well.

Ive never had this issue, I really don't think it is having the impact you describe, you can always scroll up and the chat buffer on Minecraft is large enough.

10. @_Confederacy_ If I did that I wouldn't be able to see the other very useful prompts such as voting links etc.

The vote links and everything you'd need are in your book, having the chat hidden wouldn't affect your ability to vote etc

11. Edited 7 years ago by Aquafyna

@TheSpiderman2013 ESC>OPTIONS>CHAT SETTINGS>CHAT: SHOWN / COMMANDS ONLY / HIDDEN

I love you.

12. Edited 7 years ago by TheBlizWiz

I pose an alternate solution:

If 3 players each accept the rules sequentially, then have one large chat message that says something akin to

'Welcome *Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum*! You can vote [here], [here], [here], and [here] for free food and warps.'

How you would manage to code this is beyond me. I do Java. I don't do servers.

13. The messages are already combined if players accept the rules at very similar times, or used to be with the old messages.
    I just really can't see the issue here tbh, chat is perfectly functional and those messages serve an important role.

14. @TheForgotten20 so after a brief break, i returned to CM and was instantly horrified at how cluttered the chat is when multiple new players join. Enough said! its simply too long, it should be reduced so that the server whispers to the player that it can vote for warps and food etc

@TheBlizWiz I pose an alternate solution:

If 3 players each accept the rules sequentially, then have one large chat message that says something akin to

'Welcome *Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum*! You can vote [here], [here], [here], and [here] for free food and warps.'

How you would manage to code this is beyond me. I do Java. I don't do servers.

All new players within 30 seconds of each other will new be welcomed with the same message.

- Crafty

15. Lol I totally thought that is said "welcome massage"

16. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@BenjoBanjo7 Lol I totally thought that is said "welcome massage"

Mm can't turn that offer down..

17. @CraftyMyner Glad I could help a bit. It is a lot less cluttered now, thank you.

or Sign Up to reply!