Please don't update.

1. 7 years ago

In the new light of the 1.12 snapshot of the crafting update, nothing good is coming out of it, I know some people are waiting for the tera blocks but with that comes other parts of the update that are not needed or wanted. If you don't care don't reply. I just think we should keep the server on 1.11.2 :)

2. People expect the latest update, if we do not we will fall behind.
    There's no real reason to stay behind, if you don't want the update you don't need to use the additions.

3. If anyone remembers the 1.8 - 1.9 fiasco, the same thing will happen. People will push for the update, new server made for people who like 1.11.2. That server quickly dies out. Then everyone gets over it and moves to 1.12.

4. I don't think I understand. What is it that you don't like and why?

5. @NutjobBob I don't think I understand. What is it that you don't like and why?

People are having a tough time accepting that the update will allow auto crafting where you no longer have to search or memorize recipes. It'll be like console crafting, where you click the picture and it does it for you. I understand a lot of people don't like it. I hated it when I first found out, but also think of how many more people will be able to play minecraft better because of it. A lot of people fall behind because they just can't memorize or have the time to learn or look up stuff. Dedicated players are used to the research, but younger players, older players, new players, a lot of those guys will probably appreciate the update.
    Also, you don't have to use it. You can choose to pretend the auto crafting doesn't exist and play like you normally do. It's a bit upsetting, but in all honesty, the pros outweigh the cons.

6. The BIRDS !

7. Edited 7 years ago by HaloNest

I agree with dennari... also if you don't like it, just don't use it!
    The only good thing is that I never remember how to craft fences! So one point to 1.12

Also birds are cool but the thingy they fly away from yer shoulder when you jump is kinda... pointless

Also what's all this dissing about terracotta blocks? 1st they're still better than granite
    And if you tubers like mumbo Jumbo don't like them You don't necessarily have to follow the mass and agree with them just cause they are you tubers... they're nice blocks, really nice for building structures like churches or temples! And one block more is better than one block less, right?
    And as an old Italian man told me once, blocks are just like pizza, never enough!

8. @OtherGreenGamer If anyone remembers the 1.8 - 1.9 fiasco, the same thing will happen. People will push for the update, new server made for people who like 1.11.2. That server quickly dies out. Then everyone gets over it and moves to 1.12.

I can say with almost certainly we will not be doing that for such a trivial update.

9. @HaloNest I agree with dennari... also if you don't like it, just don't use it!
    The only good thing is that I never remember how to craft fences! So one point to 1.12

Also birds are cool but the thingy they fly away from yer shoulder when you jump is kinda... pointless

Also what's all this dissing about terracotta blocks? 1st they're still better than granite
    And if you tubers like mumbo Jumbo don't like them You don't necessarily have to follow the mass and agree with them just cause they are you tubers... they're nice blocks, really nice for building structures like churches or temples! And one block more is better than one block less, right?
    And as an old Italian man told me once, blocks are just like pizza, never enough!

10. Deleted 6 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  11. I realise that people don't seem to like the recipe book, what I don't understand is why. It doesn't remove anything from the game. It's not a change to how crafting works, you can still craft things normally, it just let's you see the recipes in game and moves items to the crafting grid for you.
    I always thought it a little absurd that to learn to play minecraft you have to go out of the game to look up online how to craft even the most basic of things. Adding something to the game that means players don't have to look away from the game to search the wiki doesn't seem like a bad thing.

I am genuinely baffled by why people dislike this feature can anyone explain it to me?

12. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

-image-
    doesn't matter what it is, or how many times it happens. People like what they're used to

13. so we are updating? ( i havent been paying attention)

14. @NutjobBob I realise that people don't seem to like the recipe book, what I don't understand is why. It doesn't remove anything from the game. It's not a change to how crafting works, you can still craft things normally, it just let's you see the recipes in game and moves items to the crafting grid for you.
    I always thought it a little absurd that to learn to play minecraft you have to go out of the game to look up online how to craft even the most basic of things. Adding something to the game that means players don't have to look away from the game to search the wiki doesn't seem like a bad thing.

I am genuinely baffled by why people dislike this feature can anyone explain it to me?

I think it's because we've come to understand recipe learning as part of the game. Learning how to craft items is a big part of minecraft, it's half the name after all. With the recipe book, the game becomes a whole lot easier on that aspect. We lose all the complexity of crafting and the required knowledge to be good at it. They're basically nerfing that entire area of the game.

15. @ghostassasin81 so we are updating? ( i havent been paying attention)

Yes unless something happens.
    It will update.

16. Edited 7 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

@Dennari43 I think it's because we've come to understand recipe learning as part of the game. Learning how to craft items is a big part of minecraft, it's half the name after all. With the recipe book, the game becomes a whole lot easier on that aspect. We lose all the complexity of crafting and the required knowledge to be good at it. They're basically nerfing that entire area of the game.

I agree. Then it just becomes;

Mine *Fuck it we'll do the rest for you.*

Plus, then it starts to violate the game into being too "linear" and hand hold-y. Which for a sandbox, survival game is not what you want. Part of the fun of Minecraft was discovering what you could make with your own logic and thinking, and the joy that comes when you do. Even then possibly writing it down on paper so you can remember (Like making a map of a videogame world EG. Zelda 1) like I did when I started. When a game does this it's a HUGE turn off for some people. Independence is a core part of the game and taking that independence away is to devalue the game itself. Not having to use it is a dumb argument because new players will be very inclined to use it and not get the joy of finding out how to craft with their own intuition, perhaps then finding the game boring and quitting. See the problem yet? It's like going into a sandbox and the castle already built, with the blueprint right next to it. You lose the fun of building it to start with.

That's my view anyways.

17. There isn't going to be a hard reset for 1.12 right?

The unexplored parts of the map will be updated and that's it

18. @_Confederacy_ There isn't going to be a hard reset for 1.12 right?

The unexplored parts of the map will be updated and that's it

@R4iscool1 Yes unless something happens.
    It will update.

19. @R4iscool1 Yes unless something happens.
    It will update.

To 1.12 not resetting.

Remember the 1.9-1.10 update? We didn't reset.

20. @_Confederacy_ To 1.12 not resetting.

Remember the 1.9-1.10 update? We didn't reset.

We don't reset unless we have too.
    The map is young and unless it has some problems I am not aware of there will be no reset.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!