1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

The Crafty Mynes Fit Club has its own discord now. Whatever level of fitness you are if you want some encouragement to improve your health and fitness come and join us. Share you achievents, encourage others, pass on your tips, bring your ideas.

Let me know and I will send you an invite.

3. invite me tezbro

4. Edited 6 years ago by Tez1010

This is an unashamed bump!

Christmas is over. The house is clear of those leftover temptations. Perhaps the waist is a little thicker. The days are getting longer for those of us in Northern hemisphere.

So are you ready for a little challenge? Ready to set a new goal? Then come join the fit club. No one is too fit or unfit for the club. We can all set personal goals to improve our health and fitness.

Mine new year goal is to run a 10k race and swim a length of front crawl. So if you can run 5k (just over 3 miles) why not come and join me.

Or if you have never run before, then how about a goal of 5k? Think you can't achieve that - well I had never run 50 yds let alone 5k six months ago. We have a link to an app that can get you there.

Your goal is your goal and can be anything you like. Lose weight, walk more, eat more healthily. It's amazing how far you can go if you set yourself incrememtal goals. You may surprise yourself as I have! (Fully Qualified Couch Potato a year ago)

Let me know if you would like to join and I will send you an invite to the discord.

5. I want to join. I use an app called "Runtastic" and my usual run is 10k.

6. @Qfu I am Mr Olympia

@Qfu I am Legs

7. I just got a new knee joint so i can barely walk. but i accept your fitness challenge will try to lose weight this year and get more physically fit

8. welcome aboard humf! i'll send you the link in discord

9. Edited 6 years ago by MistakeMade

As my walk distance has been increasing I now pass a house with 4 dogs. I haven't paid too much attention to the dogs but they have been aggressive, over the past few walks they tend to get close and bark constantly. I used to walk with my dog but after an incident where my dog was many feet behind me and after I had passed the other dogs attacked him he hasn't chosen to gollow me anymore. I walk across the road from the dogs but they think I'm invading their territory so they are aggressive. Today once got dangerously close at which point I pulled out a knife as I know what their teeth can do. I could carry a blunt object but if I had to ever use it I'm worried the dogs could become increasingly angry and may shred me or I could strike too hard and kill one which I'm not to keen to do, nor do I want to stab one. I may change my route or attempt to befriend the dogs.

10. Just befriend the dogs...

11. Throw em some meat maybe that will work, the owner may take that as me attempting to befriend his dogs so that I could rob his home, atleast that would be my thoughts if someone gave my dog food. I could try to talk to the owner and with his help befriend the dogs. If the owner is around me the dogs probably wouldn't see me as a threat although the only problem I see is being able to actually talk to the owner as there is no way his hyper aggressive pets would let me get to the door.

12. Edited 6 years ago by thegoldsmith

@MistakeMade As my walk distance has been increasing I now pass a house with 4 dogs. I haven't paid too much attention to the dogs but they have been aggressive, over the past few walks they tend to get close and bark constantly. I used to walk with my dog but after an incident where my dog was many feet behind me and after I had passed the other dogs attacked him he hasn't chosen to gollow me anymore. I walk across the road from the dogs but they think I'm invading their territory so they are aggressive. Today once got dangerously close at which point I pulled out a knife as I know what their teeth can do. I could carry a blunt object but if I had to ever use it I'm worried the dogs could become increasingly angry and may shred me or I could strike too hard and kill one which I'm not to keen to do, nor do I want to stab one. I may change my route or attempt to befriend the dogs.

I absolutely love dogs and will greatly recommend that you befriend them by tossing them treats as you walk by so they associate you with treats and food. but i also know how much damage an aggressive dog can do, if you don't want to permanently hurt them a baton sized stick may work if you aim for the soft parts (Nose, eyes, throat, etc) but if you are being attacked by multiple dogs the best method is protect your ears and face and curl into a ball DON'T RUN except as a last resort. The baton thing should also be last resort and only done if they are going in for an attack and you cant do the ball thing for some reason. you don't run because then Pack predator instincts are activated in the dogs and they will go for your ankles and throat. Again try throwing them little bits of food and small but tasty treats from a sealed bag so they don't smell it and try and get them from you. another thing if they are as aggressive as you say it may be the case that they are either being trained to be so or have been neglected in someway in the past and you should probably call someone about them for their own welfare

13. Edited 6 years ago by Tez1010

Unashamed bump

Much though we love Crafty Mynes, playing all day just isnt good for us!

Time to get off the chairs and join the fit club. Counter the damage that sitting on your backside does to your body spending too much time on video games. Set your own goals and be encouraged by other members. Get tips and share your own expertise.

All levels of fitness welcome. The aim is to encourage everyone to improve their health and fitness from whatever their starting point is.

If interested let me know on here or pm me and i will send you a link to the discord group.

14. Come on guys don't let me run alone -image-

15. Just to clarify you dont have to run! Exercise comes in many forms. Walking to work rather than taking the car. Dancing, swimming. Anything to get moving and raise the pulse.

16. @Carl_Sagan1 You don't have to run alone :P That's an impressive run. I switch workouts throughout the week. Today I went cycling and tomorrow I plan to walk/run/jog 10 miles or 16k for you metric people.

17. @MistakeMade

You sound energetic. Would you like to join the discord group? From what i have been reading a variety of workouts is more effective than doing the same thing everyday. I mix walking, running, grappling, gym and swimming.

18. @Tez1010 Sure, send the link?

19. @Tez1010 I'd like to join!

20. Same

21. I also have been following a healthier lifestyle over the past 6 months. I eat less than 20g carbs per day and work out 5-6 days a week, and have went from 205lbs to 165lbs. I am 5'10 so I looked sort of chubby before but now I am at an ideal weight for my height and age.

By doing weight training while also following a strict diet (NO CHEATING WHATSOEVER), you can lose fat fast while also building considerable muscle.

I could have gotten better results but I had to change my diet for about 2 months due to dental surgeries that limited what I could eat comfortably.

I actually recently made a post on reddit about it, I was pleased with my progress, check it out if you want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/7uqk0y/sv_m18510_205lbs_165lbs_40lbs_6_months_finally/

or Sign Up to reply!