Trouble with voting system : Attention Craftymyner

1. 6 years ago

OK so I have been trying really hard to get a loot crate thru voting. For the past 2 weeks I have hadi ssues with the voting websites. I tried to vote the same time each day, and checked my vote credit on the game chat. Whenever in game it said I had not voted I tried to vote. I would get to vote 1, 2 or 3 to work and the others would give info like , You already voted today or wait 6 hours to vote .
    On 1 day i got wait 3 hr and wait 12 hours on 2 different sites at the same time when i knew the previous day I had done all 4 at the same time.
    As of right now I should be at 12 days in a row but I am not but twice now its reset I am tired of it. The system is broken at least for me. The first time it reset I figured it was my fault so i tried again. I was back up to 7 and was again experiencing only being able to do 2 of the 4 and the other 2 saying wait so many hours or I already voted.
    So this morning I go to vote and vote on all 4. so yeah then I check chat " Credits?" I am back at 1. I know i was diligent in my voting so the system has issues and I am done with it.
    I should be at 12 in a row but i am at 1. I would like to be put back at 12 please. I expect this wont happen, so i am probably done voting regularly unless i need food or xp.
    It is just not consistent enough for me to ever get the loot chest. Very disappointing and I know outside forces control the voting reset so I doubt nothing can or will change. I post this to crafty so if he wonders why voting is low here is my reason for not voting. Its sad because this is my favorite server but its too much hassle to fight a broken system.

2. This is definitely something that should be looked into, but voting does help out the server and I don't think that just because you can't get a crate out of it that you should stop voting. Especially with as active as you are, it's a great way to give back to CM.

3. @CraftyMyner

4. I will stil occasionally vote, but for me the insentive to get a loot crate motivated me to try and vote everyday. i even set aside the same time each day to do it. But after 2 weeks I am back to 1 day despite knowing i was consistent. so its no longer a priority. i will vot ef i need food or xp if not its not worth it. i have over 500 votes and never got a loot crate mostly my fault for being hit and miss, i did well when it showed next to my name in game next to my name when i hit TAB. but I really tried and even accepted the first time 5 days in saying ok must be me,but this time i was consistent for 7 days and on day 8 it screwed me, so i am done with trying,.. that is a loss for crafty not me, i can live without the loot crate.

5. i cant be the only one having these issues with the vote pages resetting at different times.

6. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

We can't control when the voting sites reset, however the streak works even if you vote on only 2 of the links IRCC so I'm not sure how you got reset to 0.
    Im guessing you missed a day.

7. I've voted on my alt(s) consistently, as far as I've seen, voting only once still counts as a streak, it shouldn't be an issue as mentioned here, this is very odd.

8. I took a look at the logs, it doesn't show a vote streak:

01 03:47:27
    02 01:17:56
    03 06:08:29
    05 05:16:09
    08 09:22:50
    08 23:15:03
    09 04:53:39
    09 23:02:05
    11 01:07:51
    12 04:16:17
    13 05:37:58
    14 01:36:24
    15 06:49:36
    17 18:55:01
    19 17:46:34

Votes reset at 00:00 CEST and if you vote right after and then 23 hours after, that doesn't count as 2 votes.

9. @humfrydog I will give you my crate

10. it is surprisingly easy to miss a day - as pretty well the top voter who has a daily routine that always involves going on the server i still manage to miss the odd day. Usually it is because i am distracted helping someone, dealing with a troll or catching a cheat! I have lost so many loot crates as a result.

The new system where you type credits? and it tells you whether you have voted is very helpful and i was pleased to get two in succession.

11. i realy dont want a crate i just wanted the vote system to work better. As far as the crate i no longer care i tried and failed and simply stated i wont try again. i ill vote when i need food , xp or remember no more effort to try to vote daily

12. Doesn't sound like its broken,but in fact that you did miss a day.

13. I can't control the resetting of the external sites so I have matched our reset to the first vote link on MCSL, this allows you to make a schedule. Voting is not just about getting a crate or items but helping the server.

Just for the record, we have given over 150 crates out since the last reset.

or Sign Up to reply!