Why Renovation is an Art (and requires more skill than building in Minecraft)

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by j____a____r____d

Uncultured people tend to equate renovation to "simple destruction" - that is, all one has to do to renovate is place a couple of TNT blocks and detonate them.

See, it's not as simple as that.

I'd argue that renovation requires just as much skill as building, if not more than that, because renovation is more than just simple destruction. It attempts to impart a unique disorder upon an existing build to transform it into a new art form.

All builds on Minecraft start off orderly. By that, I mean that whether you have a mansion, treehouse, or even just a flat expanse of land, each block is placed with the intent for the entire build to resemble something familiar. We cling onto such builds since they remind us of something in our own world, and adamantly refuse to appreciate builds that don't follow this rule. The role of each individual block placed dissolves away as one looks at the "big picture" that the entire build conveys, rather than each and every single block. Even the natural terrain generation of Minecraft obeys this rule - without a proper algorithm for randomly generating the terrain, you're left with something that doesn't resemble the earth and its many orderly structures, like mountains, rivers, and so forth.

However, renovation goes beyond appreciating builds for what they assemble by intensely deconstructing them down to their very building blocks. When one renovates, they introduce a disruption of the nice orderly fashion that builds tend to, and by doing a new, entirely unique art is discovered. Each block of the newly renovated build, which previously served to "complete the big picture", is now isolated from each other and contribute to the idea of a build much more than they have before. You can look at a renovated build and understand that there used to be a mansion or an underground base here, but you can not deny that you only perceive the floating blocks that remain. In the stretch of void that you see in front of you, you don't see order or something familiar. You see chaos and disorder; something which is unique to be seen in Minecraft builds. And suddenly, you realize that there's an innate beauty in renovation. Anyone can build a giant mansion or tower if they put enough time in it, and the build itself is easy to appreciate. However, renovation demands great effort and skill to execute and convey the sense of true chaos.

This, by itself, shows that renovation is a truly beautiful art form - one can not simply "build" chaos in creative mode, because to truly renovate something, you must have something orderly to disturb beforehand. The combination of the builder's work with the renovator's skill, an act similar to a renovator's version of the Great Work, purifies the builder's leaden creation into a "golden" chaos that we all must seek and learn to appreciate.

2. Despacito, lol.
    Btw, my name jeff.

3. -image-

4. Deleted 5 years ago by KawaiiCookiGirl2
  5. Edited 5 years ago by TheForgotten20

stfu. please stop sucking up to your group and trying to get attention. no one cares about what u just said

6. @TheForgotten20 who r u again

7. @MisterChris717 Despacito, lol.
    Btw, my name jeff.

Not an argument.

@Sofatroll https://media.giphy.com/media/O9BPkYr89lK2A/giphy.gif

Not an argument.

@TheForgotten20 stfu. please stop sucking up to your group and trying to get attention. no one cares about what u just said

Literally no one can prove me wrong. Sad!

8. -image-

9. @GrandpaCarl00 Fake news!!!!!!!!!!!

10. @deyahruhd Despacito proves that everything you've said is incorrect, lol.

11. -image-

12. Edited 5 years ago by onionpaste

We just arrived at Inyashi's base, so let’s see what we find. And it doesn’t really matter cause we’re gonna renovative it anyways, haha. Oh baby, this is gonna be so much fun, lol. Ah, a shield. That’s what I was looking for. A Team Eye shield will look real nice in the museum. Alright, this base is renovated. That’s what you get for turning on us, Inyashi. You should have known better pal. I told you what would happen if you betrayed us. Alright, come on boys, we’ve got a bigger target to hit now.

We’ve got so many legends in this group raid, it’s insane. We’ve got xXMinecraftPlayer01, we’ve got xXMinecraftPlayer02, we’ve got xXMinecraftPlayer03, we’ve got xXMinecraftPlayer04, the legendary blacksmith. We have so many people with us right now. And they said oh, the raid will never work, they can’t organise. Hahaha. That’s why you never underestimate the power of SC. Even xXMinecraftPlayer05, the legendary old player is here with us. I mean, it doesn’t get much better than this. Well, looks like we found it, ha. Did Team Eye seriously think they would stand a chance against us? All they are, they’re a bunch of high-schoolers. You can’t role with SC, what are you nuts? That’s right, take what you want boys, and then burn the rest. Hey Team Eye, we really appreciate you giving all these totems to us, hahaha.

Isn’t that funny, they kept bragging about how good they were at pvp. Yet, when we bring superior numbers they’re no where to be found. Well, Team Eye has been crushed, they were nothing but a bunch of cowards. Always afraid to fight one on one, they always relied on superior numbers, but now, we have the superior number, so what are they gonna do? My advice for Team Eye, quit. Quit CraftyMynes because you’re done. You’ll never recover from this, your bases are destroyed. And the best part is, this is the first day of the raid! And we’ve already crushed our biggest foes. This is CraftyMynes. This is no place for your stupid little teams. And no more of these stupid little youtubers that come onto our server and try and make something of themselves, this is no place for you. So gentlemen, the fun is just starting. Alright the renovation has been done, let’s wither this place and get out of here. Oh, whoever logged out here is in for a pleasant surprise when they log back in, ha. I am so proud of everyone here.

We accomplished something today that everyone said we couldn’t do anymore. They said, oh, the SC players are washed-up, they don’t have what it takes to make it on this server anymore. Ahaha, boy did we prove them wrong, ha. Oh this is JUST the beginning.

13. @Stone__Warrior Hello FeetMC, remember the last time you joined CraftyMynes?

Alright, this one's a failure, disconnect. I'm going to our next one now. Alright, so the next one we're gonna go to is a familiar from last night. mc.craftymynes.com. There's only 33 people on right now. Oohhh boy, they have NO idea what's going on! ...Any second... OH, HERE WE GO! Ahh hahahahaha! Oh baby, look at all these people! And they can't stop us! Oh, this baby's gonna crash, it's goin' DOWN! Hahahaha! Ah, the regulars are like "You've got to be kidding me!" Oh, this is too funny! Wow, everyone's lagging to hell and back right now. Woow. Oh- everyone stopped movin'! Did we do it?! No way, no way we did not crash it already! No, way. I can't move. Come on, no whammies, no whammies. YYUUUUUPPP! *clap clap clap* YES! First one of the night, baby! First crash, GG no RE! Oh baby, that's what I'm talking about!

14. Deleted 3 years ago by MaggiAusDaKann
  15. @MaggiAusDaKann holyy

He's memeing.

16. you guys write too much, why yo do dis, write less so i can read it plx ty

17. @OtherGreenGamer He's memeing.

ik

18. @Abbasilol is a clear example of why you need a very high iq to understand deyahruhd

19. @GrandpaCarl00 @Abbasilol is a clear example of why you need a very high iq to understand deyahruhd

-image-

20. Who doesn’t love a little renovation?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!