Whos been looting us?

1. 5 years ago

Anyone got any idea whos been looting mine and blockpuss's base?

3 of my chests had been destroyed, and items were all over the floor. My 3rd chest's items had disappeared, either stolen or despawned.

So, I moved my chests to more hidden locations, and a month or so after that, there was evidence that someone had been searching our bases. Doors had been opened, our pets were gone (presumably killed) although the actual buildings were left intact, and the looter left our chests alone.

Recently, the wheat from our farm was all gone, our piston door circuitry was stolen, Blockpuss's bed gone, our enderchest is taken, my house has SO many holes in it, my nether wart farm taken, and some other stuff I've forgotton. I put signs up asking them to leave us alone.
    Now, I just came back on, and there's a massive hole in the ground, blocks have been removed in search of chests, the signs I put up are gone and they seem to have made a small base with chests of cobble from digging the massive hole and a load of furnaces.

I know looting is allowed, and I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just the one time, but they keep coming back and its really annoying. Was this you? If it was, leave our bases alone please, and also an explanation of why you're doing this would be nice.

-Fiery

2. Oh, the rails from our minecart track and the corus plants have been stolen

3. I bet it was Scarlet Witch. It was Halloween, so you know how it works.

4. @iDogeTwinkie I bet it was Scarlet Witch. It was Halloween, so you know how it works.

It started way before halloween

5. Sounds like you have a case of living to close to spawn, how far out are you and if you are close to spawn you should move atleast 50k+ out

6. Edited 5 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

@javonjw Sounds like you have a case of living to close to spawn, how far out are you and if you are close to spawn you should move atleast 50k+ out

I think we're about 5000 blocks out, but Im not sure. I think its also the same person repeatedly looting us. That massive hole is starting to annoy me.

7. Edited 5 years ago by javonjw

@FieryPhoenix64 I think we're about 5000 blocks out, but Im not sure. I think its also the same person repeatedly looting us. That massive hole is starting to annoy me.

Well ok there is your problem you will keep getting raided over and over again if you are only 5000 out try 50000+ and you should be ok for a while. i f i was you i would not worry about if its the same person that close to spawn 20 people might be looting your base every day

8. @javonjw Well ok there is your problem you will keep getting raided over and over again if you are only 5000 out try 50000+ and you should be ok for a while. i f i was you i would not worry about if its the same person that close to spawn 20 people might be looting your base every day

Mmm.... I don't really want to move house.... We've built quite a bit so far...

9. @FieryPhoenix64 Mmm.... I don't really want to move house.... We've built quite a bit so far...

Well just be prepared to be looted and raided pretty much every day

10. Yeah, you're well within the Random Teleport range, so chances are you are going to continue to be raided and griefed until you move. You may have built quite a base at this point, but you are going to expend more energy keeping it built and replenishing your supplies than if you go further out. I agree with javon's advice, 50k out would keep you fairly safe for a while and you wouldn't have to constantly worry about getting raided.

Asking whoever is doing it to simply stop isn't going to work, for a couple reasons:

1. there are no repercussions for their actions since raiding and griefing is perfectly fine
    2. it's most likely more than one player-- being that close to spawn it's probably a bunch of different players that keep finding your base.

In the end, it's your own decision; we can only offer advice from experience :)

11. Given that I actually found your base (No joke, I can give you your own coords if you want) you really wanna move further out. Really nice base though, like the use of magma blocks as a lavafall.

P.S No I didn't take or break anything :D

12. Ok, thanks for the advice! Ill talk with Blockpuss about it. Also Im glad you like it green!

13. yea, its basically a death sentence to be living out in RTP for any extended period of time

14. My advice is to set up your base 1 million blocks from spawn, that way you will never have to worry about anyone being able to access your base ever

15. @TeamEyeDidYouKnw My advice is to set up your base 1 million blocks from spawn, that way you will never have to worry about anyone being able to access your base ever

Cam you even go that far?

16. No they’re trolling you. The world border is 200k. I’d recommended somewhere between 80k and 150k blocks out. If you want to make absolute sure you don’t get found, build underground in conjunction with building that far out. I always try to challenge myself and build a fully sustainable underground base.

17. Edited 5 years ago by 2Chill

Also you could always make a base in the nether or the end if you like more of a challenge , i personally feel the nether is the ultimate secure base beneath the bedrock roof ofcourse i could go into detail why but rather not give any ideas for reasons (erased cause that was even to much most likely #mysterious) , but yeah . live long and prosper.

-image-

18. @JaceNeedsCoffee No they’re trolling you. The world border is 200k. I’d recommended somewhere between 80k and 150k blocks out. If you want to make absolute sure you don’t get found, build underground in conjunction with building that far out. I always try to challenge myself and build a fully sustainable underground base.

Great, thanks! I'd rather build above ground as it tends to look nicer, but I'll take your advice on the distance :)

or Sign Up to reply!