Post a Reply

Self Challenge Phase II: 25* Million or Bust

1. 4 years ago

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself formally and share a little idea I had. I've been on the server for a couple days now, and it's the first time in about 4 years that I've played multiplayer. So far I've still had the single player mindset, as I've not teamed with anyone and all my builds have been solo. I am however enjoying the ability to chat and trade, so if I have something that someone needs, I'll be sure to offer. I've also left bases that I've abandoned intact, in case anyone newer than me comes along and gets lucky with a wild command. (One of them has a fully built zombie grinder.)

Now for my idea. I've been fortunate enough that I have yet to die on the server. When i checked my ticks yesterday i was at around 2.5 million. I've basically made my time on the server into a hardcore run. So i'm going to set a goal of making it to 10 million ticks without dying. I saw that 10 mil is the limit to apply for staff, so i figured that was a good number to try and reach. If i die before then, I will openly give coords to my current base in chat (and it would hurt a lot to do so, I'm loving what I've built so far) so that anyone can come and take what they please. And since I mentioned hardcore, I will also empty my ender chest, and truly give up everything to start over fresh. I know this is going to put a huge target on my back, but i consider it part of the fun.

I'm not in a position to donate to the server, otherwise I would. I'm hoping that this becomes a fun alternative, and who knows, since I put up stakes for losing, maybe the staff will consider a prize for me actually making it ;)

2. @Shamstor Tell you what, this thread gave me quite the read so I'll give you my spare elytra and dragon head once you hit 10 million to make end travel safer for you! Assuming you don't have one yet. :D

I appreciate that Shamstor! I do have a dragon head already, it was part of a trade I made in the first couple days I was on the server. As for the elytra, I'd rather trade for it than be gifted it, I've gotten into the mindset of earning what I get, I'd feel guilty just being given an item that hard to obtain ;) (I have a post about trading for shulkers, if anything on there looks good let me know and I'm happy to adjust a trade for the elytra!)

@deyahruhd End travel's always safe if you got fireworks to spam, the common sense to fly decently high and the wits to spam space bar when you log in.

Source: Flew extensively in the end raiding cities, and in the overworld for mansions/outposts during the Great Crash Era of CM (1.14.1-1.14.3). Despite neverending server crashes while flying over open void, I've never had a NerdieBirdie happen to me.

You'll be fine. Just have an extra elytra when your main one dies.

I agree, now that 1.14.4 has been out for a while I've noticed the vast improvement, but it's more my own computer that makes me worry. I play on a potato, this thing is almost 10 years old, and has become a hodge podge of replacement parts over the years. Its makes gaming a little more difficult sometimes simply because it hiccups and can't keep up. I have no idea how this would affect trying to fly yet, but I would barely use an elytra in single player. I've kinda gotten used to not using one, and since I can trade for the one thing I need an elytra for the most (shulkers), it would be more a luxury than a need. I do still want to get one though, just to be able to look at builds from the sky for tweaking purposes. That's another reason I'd prefer trading over a gift, I feel like it would almost be wasted on me :)

3. Edited 4 years ago by Graystreak

Tonight's the night! I'm going for broke to hit the first challenge. I'm gonna marathon until I hit 10 mil. If i did my math right, i'll hit it around 2:30 AM Eastern time tonight.

EDIT: i mucked up the math. it's 3:30 eastern. 2 hours left...i dunno if i can stay awake that long....

4. please have the event after 6 days from now so I get unbanned and can play it xd

5. Well, it's been a few days since I posted, unfortunately I had some health issues that got in the way and made it near impossible to play. But, I was able to rally and do some catching up tonight!

-image-

I had a feeling I was closing in on 15 million, so tonight I decided to do something a little different to get there, something that involved a decent amount of risk if I wasn't careful.

I decided to get over my fear of flying on the server. And not just by doing a little flying. I went big and decided I would fly all the way to the world border. Then once I got there I went one step further and flew to the corner of the world border. The whole trip took me 2 elytras. 4 stacks of rockets, and about 3 1/2 hours of real time. Most of the time my computer couldn't load chunks, so this is what I saw...
    (And yeah, i flipped the view for this one, most of the time i was staring at my butt)

-image-

I did take a couple pitstops along the way, either from fear of not seeing where i was going, or to stock up on rockets. I managed to find a couple goodies along the way, like my 3rd notch apple...
    -image-

The first Bamboo Forest I've ever found, complete with the first pandas I've seen in-game...
    -image-

I almost decided to stop after a couple hours, but then it finally came into view...
    -image-

And after another 15 minutes or so, I finally made it! There were a couple signs posted already, so I took the screenie, left my mark as well, and teleported home!
    -image-

I never did resort to the safety net of the slowfall potion either. First thing on my list next time I log in, fix my elytras.
    -image-