Staff abuse / uncalled for situation.

1. 3 years ago

Hello everyone. My name is MrSmurfDurf, some of you are familiar with that name on the server. Today I had a problem with 2 staff. BaronBattleBread and sareeeew. I wasn't going to say anything about the situation, but I realized it was quite uncalled for and in my opinion, staff abuse. To begin, I was in spawn city hanging around players, building, pvping, having a good time. Then I tried to end crystal Bambbin (another staff on the server) but I couldn't. So I questioned him on whats going on. He basically said he was cleaning up spawn city and was allowed to use god mode to not be killed. I could care less, I had no problems with that at all. Then sareeeeew arrives on the scene. They were not in god mode, they were not building, they were not pvping. they were simply standing around and typing in chat. Then they decided to take of their maxed netherite armor. So I found this chance to end crystal them and take their loot. Now they never gave me any sort of impression that they were in god mode or doing so called "staff duties" or even mentioned it to me before I killed them. After I killed them, they didn't really seem to care or say anything to me about it for around 20 minutes. Then BaronBattleBread came on, hung around us and kinda just stared at me. Then he said something along the lines of "why do I need to come on and deal with staff problems". I had no problem, didn't care. Then he says "oh you're interfering with staff duties, give back the gear you have 60 seconds" I said to myself "what the hell, what kinda server is this" then I questioned him for a bit and eventually gave back the armor. Now according to the rules on the forums, there is absolutely no rule that says "don't interfere with staff building in the wilderness" Theres a rule called "spawn border shenanigans" and it says.... *Spawn should be a safe place for players, its expected they are able to idle without fear of being killed. Players are not to use glitches or other methods (ex. fishing rods) to push/pull/kill players in the core of spawn (< 100 blocks) That being said, any PVP just inside/outside/near spawn protection borders is free game* notice key words "Any pvp just inside/outside/near spawn protection borders is FREE GAME" meaning anybody who is in the wilderness can be killed, looted, griefed, etc regardless if their staff or not. Also players are not required to ask staff 24/7 if they are in god mode in order to kill them. It is Staff's responsibility to educate players on everything they can and cannot do, otherwise your rules are useless and players wont have a fun time. Imagine building on this server for a year, then going out and pvping a staff member and then get banned for some unknown reason like "oh you hit staff 10 times, you cant hit them more then 5 times during pvp" get what I mean? Anyways after I gave the items back, I was already pissed off, and decided to not question or argue with Baron. Then I lost it and started to question him. I was basically asking what rules have I broken, why do Staff get to do the things their doing, etc. He then replies back with something along the lines of "You're a guest here, I can remove you at anytime for anything I please" not to mention he also said "oh I make the rules, I can ban you for whatever I want" thats basically the same thing as a police officer saying "oh i am the law, I make the law, I can do whatever I want to you, give me all your money, you have 60 seconds" Now there is a rule called "Please listen to staff members" and it says *In order to keep the server safe, staff reserve the right to add, modify and patch rules* notice key words "IN ORDER TO KEEP THE SERVER SAFE" according to the rules that the OWNER created, Staff are only allowed to modify / create rules on the spot if its as the rule says "keep the server safe". Now from what happened in spawn city. There were absolutely no exploits, no hacking, no server issues, no crashing, nothing that could not keep the server safe. So that means I wasn't doing anything at all to jeopardize the servers safety. Now I already know what Staff will do to this issues-report I have created. They will either delete it, not reply, reply back with "you were told to knock it off" or something along those lines that has nothing to do with the issues being solved and my questions being answered. Now I wish I had recorded the video, but if Staff are looking for any evidence to this report, you can find it in the logs. Or I can go into my screenshots/logs folder and find you the exact words Baron said. Now I am not being disrespectful or telling baron how to do his job. I just want this issues to be resolved properly. I legit quit the server for good because of this. G'day

2. Deleted 3 years ago by Nysic
  3. Deleted 3 years ago by Nysic
  4. Edited 3 years ago by PapaNeon

You were interfering with staff cleaning, not building. You were warned 3 times.

You ARE a guest here. You are on a privately owned minecraft server. If you don't like it, leave.

5. @PapaNeon You were interfering with staff cleaning, not building. You were warned 3 times.

You ARE a guest here. You are on a privately owned minecraft server. If you don't like it, leave.

No I wasn't. Sareeeew wasn't cleaning, building or pvping. they were just standing around. So please explain to me exactly how I'm interfering with staff cleaning when they weren't cleaning anything..

6. See folks. What did I say in my thread? I told you they were either gonna delete it, reply with something that has nothing to with the situation or not reply at all. This guy legit just says what HE wants to say instead of answering my questions and properly educating me on the situation, unreal.

7. Edited 3 years ago by PapaNeon

She and bambbin had staff effects on, they were actively cleaning around 0/0. The effects, for some reason, don't seem to be working right which is why you were told to give the items back.

You were kicked once for not listening, and told numerous times by others to go away and let them do their thing. Your failure to understand basic instructions is your own fault.

We also owe you NOTHING in terms of "education", the rule YOU quoted clearly says "Please listen to staff members" , you should've stopped the first time you were told.

We refer to making the area around 0/0 clean, removing builds in the area, making it look as natural as possible, filling in craters etc as cleaning. Its part of what we do. When you're told to leave us alone while we're doing our shit, we expect you to listen.

8. There are more reasons other than "cleaning up 0,0" that staff godmode can be used. But after trying to crystal Bambbin and seeing it fail I don't understand how you didn't realize that they are in godmode for a reason and to not try it again on another staff member using the same effects. Although its noted that you waited until her aura bugged out to purposefully take her things. you knew what you were doing.

9. @PapaNeon She and bambbin had staff effects on, they were actively cleaning around 0/0. The effects, for some reason, don't seem to be working right which is why you were told to give the items back.

You were kicked once for not listening, and told numerous times by others to go away and let them do their thing. Your failure to understand basic instructions is your own fault.

We also owe you NOTHING in terms of "education", the rule YOU quoted clearly says "Please listen to staff members" , you should've stopped the first time you were told.

We refer to making the area around 0/0 clean, removing builds in the area, making it look as natural as possible, filling in craters etc as cleaning. Its part of what we do. When you're told to leave us alone while we're doing our shit, we expect you to listen.

Okay now I understand why they were in godmode, I understand completely. But IMO Sareeeew and other staff should've like maybe told me what was going on, instead of just "stop go away, were cleaning". I would've understood if they just told me they are cleaning up spawn. Because I like to pvp and obtain loot, spawn city is a well known good place to pvp. and I wasn't aware at the time multiple staff were going to be cleaning, so I assumed sareeeew was there just to join the party.. since they weren't even doing anything in the beginning and still weren't doing anything after I killed them. Matter of fact sareeeew started cleaning up once baron and lonely_flame arrived, hmmmmm? I also thought sareeeew was in godmode, so I walked up and started hitting them, noticing that were taking damage, then they ran off.. so I assumed they weren't or going to be in god mode at all.. thats when I took advantage and killed them. I was completely unaware of anything like this happening, didn't expect it at all to be honest. So yeah next time I guess I won't mess with them while their cleaning.

10. Deleted 3 years ago by Bambbin
  11. Deleted 3 years ago by Bambbin
  12. If you have nothing to contribute to the report do not post in it. After reading through the logs, reading through this thread, I have found there is no substance to the report.

You acted against directions given to you by the staff on at the time of the incident. In future please follow all directions given to you to avoid further situations like this occurring.

Regards

Nysic

or Sign Up to reply!