What just happened?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

one more thing: even if i tp to spawn and log off from there , when i log back on i get zapped back and appear in the spot i was b4 everything happened

3. @CraftyMyner Due to the fact that many people have died and lost their stuff and we can't be for certain that the villager hadn't been taken advantage of, we have rolled back just a little bit.

@OPtimusjag @Dennari43 How to read??

4. @iclutchHD @OPtimusjag @Dennari43 How to read??

This wasn't when it rolled back then, this was right now. Lots of people in chat are having this happen right now, after it was supposedly fixed.

5. Sorry this happened to ya'll

6. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

Alright first of all, what were the old villagers doing hidden on the server? You decided to remove them correct? So why were they still there?

7. Deleted 7 years ago by Elog581
  8. do you guys know when itll be back up?

9. @Elog581 do you guys know when itll be back up?

In the time it takes to eat 7 cookies, so over 2 hours apparently. Updates on the situation were promised, but no mention of how far apart... Maybe we will be updated once it's resolved.

10. It turns out that you can't have 2 100gb+ worlds + backups of each in a 500gb ssd. The server ran out of space and corrupted the files. I am uploading a backup and fixing, hopeful we will be up soon.

11. @CraftyMyner It turns out that you can't have 2 100gb+ worlds + backups of each in a 500gb ssd. The server ran out of space and corrupted the files. I am uploading a backup and fixing, hopeful we will be up soon.

Oh boy, I hope you use some kind of redundant raid in case of disk failure. I had a SSD drive fail recently it was sudden and severe.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date.

12. Around what time did this happen? I'm assuming I am in the lucky time-zone that gets to see it fixed.

13. @Chilled__Chaos Around what time did this happen? I'm assuming I am in the lucky time-zone that gets to see it fixed.

@Chilled__Chaos Around what time did this happen? I'm assuming I am in the lucky time-zone that gets to see it fixed.

We got whitelisted over 4 hours ago. I don't have any more time to play so it should be fixed soon. ;P Goodluck.

14. damn. glad to read this post before i decided to sell my pc -___-

15. Edited 7 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

@CraftyMyner It turns out that you can't have 2 100gb+ worlds + backups of each in a 500gb ssd. The server ran out of space and corrupted the files. I am uploading a backup and fixing, hopeful we will be up soon.

I'm glad this hasn't happened when I was online like 8 hours ago lol.

Master Crafty, unleash your powers. :D

By the way, do you think you could possibly upgrade your current 500 GB SSD into a 1 TB SSD to prevent things like this from happening? I'm just wondering. I don't know if you have a special computer to run a server or not, I'm not up to date with this. :)

16. @iDogeTwinkie I'm glad this hasn't happened when I was online like 8 hours ago lol.

Master Crafty, unleash your powers. :D

By the way, do you think you could possibly upgrade your current 500 GB SSD into a 1 TB SSD to prevent things like this from happening? I'm just wondering. I don't know if you have a special computer to run a server or not, I'm not up to date with this. :)

He probably cannot upgrade his SSD, mainly due to the fact that OVH (I think he uses OVH) has set plans and you would need to upgrade everything which would cost more a month. I have used OVH a while so I kinda know what I mean and what I am talking about. Sorry if I explained it oddly.

17. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@_Haxington_ right first of all, what were the old villagers doing hidden on the server? You decided to remove them correct? So why were they still there?

Maybe because the command blocks weren't removed ?
    Do we really need a reason ?

18. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@TimmyBoyT Oh boy, I hope you use some kind of redundant raid in case of disk failure. I had a SSD drive fail recently it was sudden and severe.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Raid isn't a proper Backup solution, running Raid on 2 SSD's would just cripple performance, directly affecting players and not actually provide half the benefit the regular backups off site do.
    Much easier to just restore a backup when a drive fails.

19. @JustJams He probably cannot upgrade his SSD, mainly due to the fact that OVH (I think he uses OVH) has set plans and you would need to upgrade everything which would cost more a month. I have used OVH a while so I kinda know what I mean and what I am talking about. Sorry if I explained it oddly.

We aren't on OVH, we run on a custom host OP nodes. I think the webserver may be OVH but OVH doesn't support OverClocking on cores, single threaded performance is the key bottleneck to Vanilla Minecraft server performance sadly. They also offer Xeon's which aren't suited. So no OVH basically plus their plans aren't really that well suited for gameservers. Multiple CPU's wouldn't benefit the server really which is standard at that OVH price range as well.
    As for getting a 1tb ssd, well it's up to Crafty but it would be expensive and I don't see any particular need for it, given that we rarely restore from backups, 1tb ssd's tend to be lower quality than there smaller counterparts too, due to the development of the tech. Not that hard-drive speed is a big limiter but still.

20. Oh shit, no wonder I couldnt log on to CM, thank you for notifiying though.

21. when will the sever be back online?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!