1. 6 years ago

Heyy guys, I know some people are in/coming up to/finishing exam season, my first is on Wednesday - Maths liek what even is a number ha......
    This totally isn't procrastinating revision what are you talking about this is a legitimate question. >.<

So when the stress of exams gets to you what do you do to get past it? Or even better how do you just keep it away?
    But even disregarding exams, in general if you get stressed out what helps you cope ??

For me I usually put some "good" music on and read/draw, very bad drawing but nonetheless. :3

2. Honestly, I don't fucking know.

3. get a fidget spinner, costs around $8 each but many schools have banned them.
    Or just flip water bottles

4. Edited 6 years ago by Pimpcy

Honestly when I'm stressed or below water and don't know what to do I force dopamine in me for the time being until I can deal with it better
    Like exercise, chocolate, anything that induces feel good hormones in able to cope and distract
    Just make sure it's healthy (lol)
    The reward system works well for me too I'll get myself a bag of gummies (favorite snack) or something if I complete tasks.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Getting stressed makes me procrastinate which makes me get more stressed... loophole!

I used to procrastinate till the last night before exam and then release a power explosion to study all night, effective but I really don't recommend it. Even if I wanted to start studying earlier I would always end up studying last night so...

Breaking the loophole is the hardest part for me

6. I stay stressed and don't know why to do with it

7. Sleep

8. learn new skills at the same time as your studying. I'm deep in my exam season and to date ive learnt :
    how to play checkers
    how to program a password protected folder in windows
    how to get around my schools firewall to look at memes
    how to make an awesome smoothie
    how to put together a 7 day wilderness survival kit for 1
    how to put together a 3 day all round survival kit for 6
    how to build a raft
    what plants to avoid in my local environment
    how to make rope from almost any fibrous material
    how to contort my arms in a weird way and stick my head through a small gap in-between my arms.

all of this while studying chemistry

9. @thegoldsmith learn new skills at the same time as your studying. I'm deep in my exam season and to date ive learnt :
    how to play checkers
    how to build a raft
    how to contort my arms in a weird way and stick my head through a small gap in-between my arms.

IM SO BAD AT SCIENCE SENPAI PLZ TEACH

10. Edited 6 years ago by thegoldsmith

@TheForgotten20 IM SO BAD AT SCIENCE SENPAI PLZ TEACH

which part of science? because for chemistry my best advice is make rearrangement triangles for all the formula

11. @thegoldsmith which part of science? because for chemistry my best advice is make rearrangement triangles for all the formula

cations and anions and how does metal conduct electricity (the electrons deslocated and stuff) and also how do pulleys increase mechanical advantage?

12. @TheForgotten20 cations and anions and how does metal conduct electricity (the electrons deslocated and stuff) and also how do pulleys increase mechanical advantage?

electrochemistry and physics then.

(i'll make a private thread because i may go on a while

13. @thegoldsmith learn new skills at the same time as your studying. I'm deep in my exam season and to date ive learnt :
    how to play checkers
    how to build a raft

Thats actually quite a good way if doing it, might give it a go

14. Edited 6 years ago by thegoldsmith

@jamlbon Thats actually quite a good way if doing it, might give it a go

not checkers though it is surprisingly hard to do, try Senet its an Ancient Egyptian board game that is very fun

15. how i relieve stress: do all de work so i can relax

16. @thegoldsmith not checkers though it is surprisingly hard to do, try Senet its an Ancient Egyptian board game that is very fun

Oooh yes Senet I've heard of it never occured to try it tho

17. @jamlbon Oooh yes Senet I've heard of it never occured to try it tho

its fun especially if you bear in mind that in Egyptian mythology you could redeem the 5 segments of your soul from oblivion by playing Osiris himself in the afterlife. (that's if your heart was just a bit too heavy against the feather of Maat (truth))

18. @thegoldsmith its fun especially if you bear in mind that in Egyptian mythology you could redeem the 5 segments of your soul from oblivion by playing Osiris himself in the afterlife. (that's if your heart was just a bit too heavy against the feather of Maat (truth))

Oooh wasn't aware you could do that, that's like gambling on a whole new level hehe.

19. Edited 6 years ago by thegoldsmith

@jamlbon Oooh wasn't aware you could do that, that's like gambling on a whole new level hehe.

but the rewards were rich and Senet is easy to learn and play so it was used in alot of different myths. Nut (sky goddess) played senet with Khonsu (moon god) each piece won Nut an hour of moonlight which she used to create 5 extra days for her to have 5 children which Ra had commanded to never be born on any day of the year. Nut got around it by having one child on each of the 5 days (which is in my opinion a little gross) (if you like reading you know the Kane Chronicles used this myth as a plot point in the second book)

20. usually just get on a good game, or watch dank meme comps

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!