Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

@Zane_Truesdale

Though some of us has been here for quite sometime, I've been here since early-mid 2016 and I can believe a good amount of us has never seen you here, and to jump in and pull out really specific information like that seems odd, but hey, who can I say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No L's to you personally btw

3. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@SnowProper R4, please do correct me if I am wrong about this, did you really just use your alt account to back up your own opinions on the forum??!

As for this topic itself, I think it is going to be best if I just :x

So any account agreeing with staff is an alt account ?
    Personally I have alts I play on regularly if I felt I needed an alt to backup my arguments then I could use one of them but I don't and won't.

4. Please do not take my "if/then" statement as an "at all" statement R4, that is a faulty generalization fallacy. I was simply asking if that is what you just did.

5. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@SnowProper Please do not take my "if/then" statement as an "at all" statement R4, that is a faulty generalization fallacy. I was simply asking if that is what you just did.

I just asked a question hence the question mark, not a statement, there is no fallacy in asking a question.
    No I do not need to use an alt to support my arguments thanks.

6. @GrandpaCarl00 @Zane_Truesdale

Though some of us has been here for quite sometime, I've been here since early-mid 2016 and I can believe a good amount of us has never seen you here, and to jump in and pull out really specific information like that seems odd, but hey, who can I say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No L's to you personally btw

Well I don't play that often but when I log onto CM there's not many players online 10-20 so I don't blame you. I guess I can see my contribution has had the opposite affect to what I intended :C
    I guess I'll leave you guys to argue then if you guys want I'm willing to discuss this in PM still.

7. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Cya lol

8. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@R4iscool1 I assume that for every situation brought up, it will just be thrown down without any thought, but since you asked for expamples, I'd encourage everyone who sees this as an issue to post their own situations in which staff has done less than what's expected of them. Big things, not the human errors we all make.

R4, one example I give you is the fact that @SnowProper , the owner of two similar servers to CM, is no longer allowed to say the word "harassment" in general chat. This is because he mentioned staff harassing players when they enforced rules in certain situations. So the solution is... forcing him to never say that word again and threatening him with a ban rather than asking what he finds so unfair?

That's just one case. My three months, as you said, aren't enough to have lots to back this up, but it's very obvious to me that something needs to change.

9. I believe every situation will be handled with care and thought but you can't know if you don't try.
    I can't see the point in making this thread saying you think staff have done wrong and cite dozens of examples but you won't explain yourself when asked.

Well I can say that is factually untrue, this is why I wanted you too explain situations as the majority of them are based on bad info or misunderstandings.
    I can confirm we did have a convo with relation to harassment and certain issues on the forum as to how they are mentioned in chat but at no point was he told or made to not say the word again.

Well if it's based on this situation I expect you to reevaluate.

10. I also saw the post before it was deleted.

However, from what I have heard Grassling has been acting inappropriate for close to the entirety of his time here on this server. His ban was justified due to a long past of other bans on top of this one.

11. @R4iscool1

Well then, I haven't been on the fourms for too long, but nonetheless, what I'm trying to say that this isn't what I'm trying to get across... but, I'm not going to go on to argue a point. I'm not phoenix wright

-image-

12. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

I respect what Nerdie is doing here by keeping the ball rolling. I may not be apart of the community anymore but If you want to see the server be more sucessful, changes, even if subtle must take place. It is also a fact that untrue information was used to convict me. Staff say I was warned "many times" but I was only warned once and only warned about revealing private information not specifically using staffs real names. From what I saw Venetorum and Crafty's first names weren't private information as I only knew them by seeing other players use them in chat. I'm happy (not grateful) that members of the community, even people who I don't consider "friends" feel the same way I do. And I made sure to keep my farewell post fair, not using staff names, and not using erratic behavior/words. If I wish to return to this server in the future it'd only be after change is made. My opinion should be weighted as I liked the server enough to donate to it and spend a lot of time on and these dedicated players should be listened to.

13. Wait what r4?!? Seriously you're going down the denial path??

14. Deleted 6 years ago by SnowProper
  15. I saved that entire conversation via screenshots, not even logs, which can be edited

16. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. @Naidae @NerdieBirdieYT I mean.. you keep saying to want staff to look at how we handle enforcement of the rules, but I've yet to see any actual proposed solutions, suggestions, or ideas for modification of the enforcement system? I'm not trying to corner you here, I'm just genuinely curious if you or anyone else, have any solutions/ideas/suggestions they'd like to propose?

If you were lucky enough to see my post you'd see that I mentioned the forum I created on staff communication. Instead of any true responses I was just mocked.

18. @SnowProper Wait what r4?!? Seriously you're going down the denial path??

Post the chat logs if you wish, I never once stated that you were banned from saying harassment in chat.
    I did warn you about referencing your arguments with staff in chat and that if you had an issue with us you should raise it in a thread like this.

I'll post the logs in fact to vindicate myself and clear this but screenshots would be better than my simple text logs if possible.
    Just pointing out though screenshots could be staged actually with effort but yes it wouldn't be as simple as logs no.

19. I know right Cile? Talk about history being written by the victors.

20. @Grassling If you were lucky enough to see my post you'd see that I mentioned the forum I created on staff communication. Instead of any true responses I was just mocked.

I gave you a very true response and what I believe to be measured response, what in my response was mocking.

@SnowProper I know right Cile? Talk about history being written by the victors.

Go ahead, they will vindicate me.

21. We weren't referencing anything we were literally joking around because I was hitting him with a stick..
    A stick..
    That was your misunderstanding
    and you went off and threatened with a ban.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!