Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@Blackened_Dawn

Still, views are still people, that's still a large amount of people who can read and have opinions, they aren't required to post, sure, some are just going to take a quick glance or not even read, or even if that view count is mixed with refreshing views, it's still people nonetheless. ( whenever it's opinions siding with players or staff )

3. @NerdieBirdieYT @Blackened_Dawn I know that. I am just using it comparatively to show that people care about the subject.

@GrandpaCarl00 @Blackened_Dawn
    Still, views are still people, that's still a large amount of people who can read and have opinions, they aren't required to post, sure, some are just going to take a quick glance or not even read, or even if that view count is mixed with refreshing views, it's still people nonetheless. ( whenever it's opinions siding with players or staff )

The way staff handles a thread like this is a fascinating concept for our players, especially with a staff with diverse backgrounds and opinions, I have never denied this, players who are involved in the thread are responding faster than I can type, expect some slowdown and catching up from me here.

@Grassling The views don't matter but I'm still waiting from a reponse to why a staff member used an alt account to back up his own argument and won't comment on the matter

Not sure where the alt argument came from though I understand it, not an alt. Although the argument can be made that since I am part of said staff will make me unreliable, and no amount of confirmation will satiate that argument

4. @Blackened_Dawn Thank you for being calm and not blowing up in our face. :) Appreciate it.

5. @Blackened_Dawn If you could revise what you wrote and get back to me so I can respond to it i'd appreciate it.

6. sorry, I am still on this part, but it bothers me, because it is a generally made mistake. aka a pet peeve of mine.

just because the definition of slander says that in some cases it can be written, you said you do not like your character be the slandered. which then incurs the legal definition of slander and libel. if you had just used slander in a normal sentence, without reference to you being personally attacked, you would be correct. but, since you used it in a way to state it as a matter that you were being Defamed, it then becomes its legal definition. Here is your case for that then...

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/differences-between-defamation-slander-and-libel

English is tricky, especially when you speak legal english.

7. The original point that Nerdie pointed out is that Grassling's thread was not rule breaking, which is correct. Oftentimes a few threads get posted that can be aimed at staff need to be digested fully and carefully inspected to see if the contents hold true, this was the case, I chose to do it this way to make it easier on myself and the admins to read a long post without the effects of the community chipping it and making it harder for us to catch up, similar how im having difficulty to respond to all issues addressed in this thread after so much discussion happening after a few hours, which is the amount of post I expected from Grassling's thread.

I was only going to come home until 6pm, I did not feel like ready 13 essays today but hell, happened anyway

8. while i wouldn't exactly say i'm friends with grassling, i disagree with his ban. from what i remember, julipukki has used venetorem's real name in chat before, and to dictate who can/cannot say your real name in the chat is ridiculous. i would not say that using someone's name counts as harassment as it is literally your name. information is only private if you keep it private, which i feel venetorem has not done.

9. @SnowProper sorry, I am still on this part, but it bothers me, because it is a generally made mistake. aka a pet peeve of mine.

just because the definition of slander says that in some cases it can be written, you said you do not like your character be the slandered. which then incurs the legal definition of slander and libel. if you had just used slander in a normal sentence, without reference to you being personally attacked, you would be correct. but, since you used it in a way to state it as a matter that you were being Defamed, it then becomes its legal definition. Here is your case for that then...

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/differences-between-defamation-slander-and-libel

English is tricky, especially when you speak legal english.

google slander for me please, thank you.

10. Going back to my art I love you all

11. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@SharpSerac You and I aren't on good terms either, but I'm glad we can put our junk aside to deal with issues in the community,

This is the type of conversation I'm aiming for. Mature and controlled.

Thank you :)

12. Googled, just for you...

http://prntscr.com/g8k3rz

& as far as that 2nd article there...

http://prntscr.com/g8k405

(I highlighted the important part there, since you said you have a lot of reading to do on this forum, I do not want to take up your time with extra reading. As I said, R4 refrenced slander in a legal means, so I corrected him on a legal definition. But, googling the word slander seems also to have really helped out as well, as the definitions first definition is clearly saying
    http://prntscr.com/g8k4hs
    [Again, highlighted the important parts, you are welcome in advance <3])

13. @SharpSerac while i wouldn't exactly say i'm friends with grassling, i disagree with his ban. from what i remember, julipukki has used venetorem's real name in chat before, and to dictate who can/cannot say your real name in the chat is ridiculous. i would not say that using someone's name counts as harassment as it is literally your name. information is only private if you keep it private, which i feel venetorem has not done.

Grassling's ban reason was addressed in my post, the name issue is not the only reason why he's banned now.

14. @Blackened_Dawn Grassling's ban reason was addressed in my post, the name issue is not the only reason why he's banned now.

it's not the only reason, but it was the final nail in the coffin since he wasn't permanently banned until then

15. Going back to Youtube videos now, I think I at least showed my case against R4 saying there is no evidence of the staff doing this. If you need the last word Dawn, go ahead, my job is done.

16. @Blackened_Dawn I'm not fighting on here to appeal my ban but since you brought it up I'd like you to re-iterate why exactly I was banned because as far as I know I reponded to those accusations and thought to the extent where they could be respectufully deemd untrue.

17. Just an experience I have had with staff being, in my opinion, way to strict.

Me and Rybye are good friends, as many of you know.

I got kicked for bullying when I said "you dumb rybye" in chat.

Now, this has since been addressed and resolved with said staff member on a later date when I privately brought it up with her. She said she was simply "not in a good mood that day". Regardless of that, I still find it ridiculous that I was kicked for it in the first place, mood or not. My biggest issue with this is if when I rejoined and I showed any bit of rebuttal or retaliation, I would surely be met with a ban or another kick. Instances like this, I believe shouldn't happen period, if a staff member is in a mood and wants to releive stress, maybe it be a good idea they sign on and their alt rather that make rash decisions with the position of power they have been put in.

I have seen other instances like this happen, but quite frankly, I don't have the time to dig through months of logs, so here's my personal example.

18. @SharpSerac it's not the only reason, but it was the final nail in the coffin since he wasn't permanently banned until then

Not exactly, it just came up first.

@Grassling @Blackened_Dawn I'm not fighting on here to appeal my ban but since you brought it up I'd like you to re-iterate why exactly I was banned because as far as I know I reponded to those accusations and thought to the extent where they could be respectufully deemd untrue.

@Blackened_Dawn In light of this appeal, and given your history of multiple bans, including the spreading of misinformation about staff members, which was discussed at lenght with the owner and the other admins, this ban will be a permanent ban.

The bold here in says spreading of misinformation about staff members, this ties back to the whole situation with the eggs, it's not the prize that did not sit well with the admins, it's the fact that you purposefully did not attempt to clarify that you got an egg from a crate, instead, you let the other party believe that we admins spawn items at random to players who donate

19. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

Personally, this whole ban situation seems to be based off emotional bias and tbh, this whole grassling situtation has been handled really badly. I agree with @SharpSerac that the ban was unfit.

20. @TopsNeverStops I have seen other instances like this happen, but quite frankly, I don't have the time to dig through months of logs, so here's my personal example.

Which is precisely why this post will likely do nothing. The amount of garbage we'd have to bring up AND justify while people insert their drama every other second is unfathomable.

Suggestions for a fix, anyone, or are we still pretending this isn't an issue? I know @TopsNeverStops has been here a long time, so if you don't believe me after three months, ask him. Or anyone else who's posted here in the past three hours.

21. @TopsNeverStops Just an experience I have had with staff being, in my opinion, way to strict.

Me and Rybye are good friends, as many of you know.

I got kicked for bullying when I said "you dumb rybye" in chat.

Now, this has since been addressed and resolved with said staff member on a later date when I privately brought it up with her. She said she was simply "not in a good mood that day". Regardless of that, I still find it ridiculous that I was kicked for it in the first place, mood or not. My biggest issue with this is if when I rejoined and I showed any bit of rebuttal or retaliation, I would surely be met with a ban or another kick. Instances like this, I believe shouldn't happen period, if a staff member is in a mood and wants to releive stress, maybe it be a good idea they sign on and their alt rather that make rash decisions with the position of power they have been put in.

I have seen other instances like this happen, but quite frankly, I don't have the time to dig through months of logs, so here's my personal example.

We try to encourage the use of alts towards our staff members who can afford them in order for them to:

1 - monitor the server anonymously
    2 - cool off from a bad day

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!