Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Also, about grassling using the staffs name -

Said staff members YouTube account is his real name, he openly comments on nerdiebirdies videos, which I know many people here watch, whether you actually enjoy his content or not, I know many of you watch them. The staff memeber also signs his ign on these comments so his personal name is very public.

In my opinion a ban to grassling over this is petty, it is clear said staff memeber doesn't care about his personal name seeing as it is openly public and he's commenting on videos that he very well knows anyone who visits this server is likely to view.

3. Wait so you're saying that I got banned for something that not only happened like a week ago but for something that I was already punished for and never given a real argument to say what I did was wrong as the punishment itself was based off assumption. Why was I just banned now? Why was the reason that I was revealing information? @Blackened_Dawn

4. @Blackened_Dawn

I figured that was the case.

My main issue is that if I retaliated in any way after the kick, and was met with a ban, there would be no "sorry that ban wasn't warranted". I surely would be serving a 1-3 day ban for "bullying" and/or "disrespecting staff" for causing a rebuttal for disputing my kick/warning.

5. @Grassling Wait so you're saying that I got banned for something that not only happened like a week ago but for something that I was already punished for and never given a real argument to say what I did was wrong as the punishment itself was based off assumption. Why was I just banned now? Why was the reason that I was revealing information? @Blackened_Dawn

Banned now because it had reached a final verdict recently, since 1 - you did bring up points that I needed to discuss with the other admins 2 - the current ban came first

@TopsNeverStops Also, about grassling using the staffs name -

Said staff members YouTube account is his real name, he openly comments on nerdiebirdies videos, which I know many people here watch, whether you actually enjoy his content or not, I know many of you watch them. The staff memeber also signs his ign on these comments so his personal name is very public.

In my opinion a ban to grassling over this is petty, it is clear said staff memeber doesn't care about his personal name seeing as it is openly public and he's commenting on videos that he very well knows anyone who visits this server is likely to view.

I do not watch his videos, but once again, this ban came first, and not unwarranted since he was warned about a similar situation previously.

6. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

@Blackened_Dawn

Still, spawn eggs can't be earned naturally. they're distributed/spawn by staff via the creation of craftycrates, so in a way, yes, in a way they are ''rare'' like any other egg.

so tbh, i don't get your guys justification over that ban reason if the previous reason was using ven's IRL name

7. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

I was warned about REVEALING INFORMATION as stated in many places now, I wasn't revealing any information because Vene's is sometimes used in chat. Correct me if i'm wrong but 3/4 if not 4/4 of my bans all came from Vene and because saying the two situations are the same is a long stretch I feel the ban was a haste decision from a biased staff member. @Blackened_Dawn

8. @GrandpaCarl00 @Blackened_Dawn

Still, spawn eggs can't be earned naturally. they're distributed/spawn by staff via the creation of craftycrates, so in a way, yes, in a way they are ''rare'' like any other egg.

so tbh, i don't get your guys justification over that ban reason if the previous reason was using ven's IRL name

If we're going by technicalities, the impression was that an admin(mentioned by name as well) physically put it into his hands, which is false, only the initial egg was spawned and put into a crate that is cloned beneath the feet of vip+/mvps, no admin gave him the egg. not a matter whether an egg is rare or not.

@Grassling I was warned about REVEALING INFORMATION as stated in many places now, I wasn't revealing any information because Vene's is sometimes used in chat. Correct me if i'm wrong but 3/4 if not 4/4 of my bans all came from Vene and because saying the two situations are the same is a long stretch I feel the ban was a haste decision from a biased staff member. @Blackened_Dawn

4 bans or 3 bans? I'm getting old. if it's 4 it's a miracle you weren't perm banned on the 3rd part, but that;s beside the point. I understand the latter argument and if you'll allow me to discuss more at length with my fellow admins about it i'll look into it further

9. ......

10. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

@iwarriiori

yknow a poll acutally kinda seems nice right bout now

11. @Blackened_Dawn I'll allow you to do that but again, this post wasn't made to appeal my ban this post was made because valuable players of the community have a big enough problem with the ways things are run that they took the times out of their busy days to voice their concerns. I'm glad that you guys are communicating to find an effect solution and I really hope it benefits the server.

12. To be honest, I have run ins with staff before. Some are great, and others tyrants. I am an objective individual and quite rational. It is vexing when some abuse their power. I personally don't bring up any admin faults in fear of retaliation. It has happened before and they where ruthless. I would suggest ending this thread before it gets out of hand. Just stay low, create what you wish in the server, and just accept it. We as the players of the server are not truly listened to. Hell, when we try to put forth a complaint sometimes we are literally punished or met with bias and impertinence. Even worse we are vilified by other players. @NerdieBirdieYT it is not worth it. Trust me I have been here long enough.

13. @Ealdwine_Drasax You share our opinion but you are asking us not to share our voice. This is why staff think there is not a problem because players like you are scared of the consequences of voicing your opinion. I think it's healthy that we are all transparant so that we can be heard and positive change can be made.

14. @Grassling @Ealdwine_Drasax

This goes back to suppressing the need for public opinion and just making the playerbase submissive betas

15. @Grassling Did you ever take sociology? Psychology? Philosophy? The problem is not that simple. If you wish to change things then you must effectively change the Identity Cognition of the staff and player and make them see both sides. However human beings tend to be very egotistical, irrational, and the most ironic creatures on the planet. We are all prisoners of bias and the ego. To change it you must change the human being themselves. So this is why those who transcend this, or attempt to, must stay low. It is much easier.

16. @Ealdwine_Drasax All I know is that now we are getting actualy responses to our concerns via the thread and I'm hoping the staff are identifying that players do have a problem with the server now, something that the denied when I talked about it on my own.

17. We will see @Grassling

18. @Ealdwine_Drasax I totally get where you're coming from, and this thread may indeed prove to be pointless. Heck, maybe I'll get banned by the time this is over.

But just like in the real world, we need to make our opinions heard. I hope it is clear to @R4iscool1 now that this is bigger than a minority opinion, as shown by how this thread has skyrocketed in the past few hours. Like @Ealdwine_Drasax said, there's a lot more players out there affected by this who a) don't use the forums and b) are too afraid of punishment for simply voicing their opinion to post on this thread.

Unless staff decides to take this seriously (which I doubt, because let's be honest, it's easier to do nothing than take the effort to change), the only way this will go anywhere is if we bring up numerous controversial situations from the past, which I'm sure staff will agree is a bad idea. I mean, if that's what's required to get our voice heard, go for it, but that will start a LOT more arguments.

Then reason people don't give many examples is because mentioning specific staff members is dangerous here. You could be banned for it later on. And as @SnowProper showed, staff ain't always in the know.

So please take this seriously, staff, and let's get something good to happen.

19. @SharpSerac while i wouldn't exactly say i'm friends with grassling, i disagree with his ban. from what i remember, julipukki has used venetorem's real name in chat before, and to dictate who can/cannot say your real name in the chat is ridiculous. i would not say that using someone's name counts as harassment as it is literally your name. information is only private if you keep it private, which i feel venetorem has not done.

Here's a thought, maybe i let juli address me by name because

1. I personally told her
    2. Im dating her
  20. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

@Venetorem Dude you know I think you're amazing, but let me get this straight.

@Grassling was banned because he was "revealing personal information". As Dawn said, that was the final straw.

Now, how is that personal information if you allow others to publically call you by name? Grassling's warning said to not reveal private info. Your name is not private info if you let ANYONE use it in general chat. You can't allow mods/friends to do things that others aren't allowed to do.

Edit:

This is starting to sound less like Grassling exposing staff and more like staff being like:

"Stop that I don't like that. Oh but it's fine if we do that. Banned."

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!