Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Just because ya'll are in a relationship doesn't warrant a ''pass'' for the rules

3. Using someones real name isnt sometging you should just do because you know what it is. Its something you should only do if youre given permission.
    If i wanted everyone to call me by name, i woupd put it in my username

But as i said already, i didnt ban him because i dont like him, nor was it because i was offended. I banned him because i was informed to

4. So what you are saying is you banned for a smartass remark as just saying your name wasn't justifyable enough? Seems like you are just pulling straws here which brings me back again, to the main point. The staff let external motivation interfere with their duty and it's a problem. Some may even say it's tyranny.

5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. If anyone else would have called me by name, i woupd have warned them, just like i did you.
    The only reason you got banned was because you had been warned.

7. It's frusterating how many times I've had to say this to you @Venetorem aswell as @Blackened_Dawn I was warned for REVEALING PERSONAL INFORMATION. As I've also stated, your name was not "revealed" as it has been used in global chat before. If I didn't have to repeat the same thing over, and over, and over again and instead my points were properly addressed it would be appreciated.

8. No action or reaction can be taken out of context in a general situation. If youre good with your words, you can manipulate any situation to your side. Generalizing takes ingormation away from the situation.

So no, you were not banned for "a smart ass remark"

You were banned for coninuing to use names after informed not to.

Kinda like how you said you only said one staff name, when we both know you used both mine and craftys as well prior to your warning.

9. @Venetorem He was not told to stop saying names. He was told to stop revealing private information. Your first name isn't private information.

10. See.. this is the reason these threads are so sticky.. they start out as opinion threads and end up as bashing, back and forth, nonsense. There is nothing constructive happening at this point...

11. @Venetorem I banned you because you decided to respond with a smart ass remark, and obviously didnt care about the fact i obviously didnt want you to

@Venetorem So no, you were not banned for "a smart ass remark"

I'm confused.

12. I would tend to agree.

13. @NerdieBirdieYT @Venetorem He was not told to stop saying names. He was told to stop revealing private information. Your first name isn't private information.

I wasn't around when the ban happened, but I think the bottom line is Grassling continued to do something after staff told him/her to stop. That alone can warrant a ban. I can't speak for those involved, that's just my opinion.

14. Sigh, arguing isnt going to get us anywhere, so ill just stop talking

15. This forum is about me other players have stepped forward and claimed they've expierened situations that felt unjust.

16. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

And as for @Venetorem a big problem with the server is that when staff is opposed and can't fight the argument they just end it as they have ultimate jurisdiction. I don't need to be unbanned but I do need a unanimously agreed upon answer from the staff why I was banned. Because again, although I said 3 names, I was only warned onced and then banned when I said yours (although it wasn't even in the same context because again your real name isn't private) so if you really want to "twist" information that's fine it just makes you less credible.

17. @Naidae And I would agree as well, except, yet again, he was warned for releasing private information.

Not names. He was not told to stop using first names.

And Vene's first name is allowed in general chat, apparently, or, only by people he wants to use it, because he's staff and does what he wants.

After Grassling uses this non-private information in chat, he is banned.

You see the issue?

18. Perhaps this is a private server with rules set in place for a specific reason. I do not think your ban is unjust, considering personal information outside of a virtual fantasy world is touchy. If people don't want their shit leaked, don't do it.

By the looks of it Grassling, you have been a bad boy and your past has caught up to you. Perhaps this mishap was the final nail in the coffin for you.

19. @KungFuBuscus Please educate yourself by close reading and revise that response

20. @KungFuBuscus

Keep in mind, Ven's first name has been known and able to be looked up through various means

21. @KungFuBuscus Perhaps this is a private server with rules set in place for a specific reason. I do not think your ban is unjust, considering personal information outside of a virtual fantasy world is touchy. If people don't want their shit leaked, don't do it.

By the looks of it Grassling, you have been a bad boy and your past has caught up to you. Perhaps this mishap was the final nail in the coffin for you.

Grassling did not leak. That information was public. He used well-known information that was also used by a staff member.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!