Opinions -- Grassling and More

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@NerdieBirdieYT @Naidae And I would agree as well, except, yet again, he was warned for releasing private information.

Not names. He was not told to stop using first names.

And Vene's first name is allowed in general chat, apparently, or, only by people he wants to use it, because he's staff and does what he wants.

After Grassling uses this non-private information in chat, he is banned.

You see the issue?

Yes, I understand the discrepancy between what he was told and what he said. Again, I wasn't there so I can't speak to that. However, from what I've read, it looks like Grassling was told, before getting banned, to stop using personal names of staff in chat, and yet he continued. All I can really say here is that if someone who knew me in real life used my real name in the game, and others started doing so, I'd be very upset. Not sure how to remedy the situation, but it seems like maybe we should all be respectful of the person's wishes.

If your name came out in chat but you didn't want people to use it, or spread it around, how would you feel if nothing was done to prevent that? Again, we say Ven's real name was common knowledge, but hell, I didn't even know his name until this who thread came up. So it's not like everyone was or is on a first name basis around here.

3. @Grassling And as for @Venetorem a big problem with the server is that when staff is opposed and can't fight the argument they just end it as they have ultimate jurisdiction. I don't need to be unbanned but I do need a unanimously agreed upon answer from the staff why I was banned. Because again, although I said 3 names, I was only warned onced and then banned when I said yours (although it wasn't even in the same context because again your real name isn't private) so if you really want to "twist" information that's fine it just makes you less credible.

First it was R4 and his alt, then Dawn, now Vene. You guys are all tapping out without even considering the posibility that a problem is real within the community I hope you strongly consider the abstract possibility that there is great room for improvement in the staff community. We don't expect pefection, we just expect someting better.

4. Hi! Im rnc. If you don't know me its because I've been gone for a while because I've been busy with school, ect. ;-; But I'm trying to come back around =D

First off, it's really awesome that the community feels comfortable bringing concerns they have to the table. I feel that that is valuable and important. NerdieBirdieYT can vouch for my believing that! =D

I can assure you that we do not believe that we are perfect or that we handle every situation perfectly. What I can promise you is that we are all trying our best to help the community and keep the server running as smoothly as possible!

This is a multi-faceted issue to be sure and definitely will be discussed by staff, as Dawn said.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

@rnc2011 Thank you for taking the time to read the post and give a respectful response I appreciate the etiquette and look forward to hearing a response from the staff.

6. @rnc2011 Are you the wind because that response just blew me away XD

SO happy to hear that staff will be discussing this. Regardless of either side's points on the subjects, it's quite obvious there are some big issues and miscommunications within the community - not only in staff, but in the playerbase as well.

As a suggestion:

If staff DOES decide to take this seriously, I would recommend creating a new thread, one regarding ideas on how to improve the system, rather than using this one, which could stir up bad emotions in everyone.

Thank you for your kind reply! :)

7. @Grassling First it was R4 and his alt, then Dawn, now Vene. You guys are all tapping out without even considering the posibility that a problem is real within the community I hope you strongly consider the abstract possibility that there is great room for improvement in the staff community. We don't expect pefection, we just expect someting better.

Excuse me, where exactly did I tap out without listening? is the fact that I surprisingly have things to do as an admin and actually discuss with my former admins that is so off putting from my previous reply?

What do you want from me?

8. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

I want you to now stop responding and focus on the staff disscussion that you stated previously and the one that I was mocked for asking for a little while back. @Blackened_Dawn

9. @Grassling I want you to now stop responding and focus on the staff disscussion that you stated previously and the one that I was mocked for asking for a little while back. @Blackened_Dawn

stop responding.. which is the thing i've done for the past hour? what's your issue, you keep mentioning me and calling me back to this thread to which concerns I've addressed already, clearly you don't want me to stop responding

10. You responded to a post from a bit ago which wasn't specifically directed at you. I won't @ you in this one so you can focus on the real problem :D

11. Wow, come home from traveling and this is what's going on. Craziness, can anyone bring me up to speed on what's been happening?

12. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

@SovietSuperman_ I was perm banned. I made a farewell post, it was removed, NerdieBirdie made this thread, to discuss staff representation.

13. @SovietSuperman_ Wow, come home from traveling and this is what's going on. Craziness, can anyone bring me up to speed on what's been happening?

i know no one is typing in russian, but can't you read all that? xd

14. @SharpSerac I read the original post, I was talking about all the dialogue after. Staff has the final say on a players ban. They can be stingy sarcastic smart asses, but they're fair. Don't really see why this has so many replys if the issue is so simple.

15. Of course! I understand your frustrations and I truly do sympathize.

I will just ask for the community to try to keep this in mind: being in a staff position for any public place is not as easy a task as it would seem (or as I thought it would be back in the days when I first became helper). Many people rely on us to keep the community clean and happy. It is impossible to please everybody all of the time, no matter how hard we try. I can promise you that none of us are actively trying to target players or harm the server.

The above wasn't referring to this situation in particular or at all to try to delegitimize the points that yall have brought up, but rather to the communication issue that @NerdieBirdieYT brought up.

16. While @rnc2011 's post doesn't FIX the issues, it certainly managed to cool me down several notches, lol. Very glad to have you on staff, dude. :)

17. Haha I appreciate that @NerdieBirdieYT , but I assure you that all staff think this way deep down :)

18. Hey all, this is Family Tuber (my account is messed up) and I've been reading up as this thread has developed. Originally it was a good discussion but I fear its lost. I'd just like to first say I greatly appreciate the staff of this server. Its so family friendly and unique unlike most servers I have been on. And that takes serious dedication. I'll never fullybl appreciate everything you guys do for the sever and I'd like to say thanks. Now I honestly think after much thought this problem is a bit of seeing it with two sides. The players and staff. And that immediatly builds walls and problems. What I think can help solve this is if the staff and players team up becoming more of a unit. The staff play with us, why not give them slack too? If we both come together with a common goal to protect and keep the friendly atmosphere of CM imagine the posibilities! Both sides could put their heads together and come up with a mutual agreement. Or perhaps another aproach is takle it one step at a time. But really the key is that players too should be willing to abide with desicions made with staff and vice versa. It creates a working group that has created a mutual agreement to the solution. Now obviously nothing will ever be perfect. I guess my two cents of suggestion to start tackling this is to create a very obvious and tracked warning system. Whenver a player offended a rule for ANY reason, this warning can be given and put up to be seen by both the player and staff easily. You can then track their history and we won't have claims of personal biased thrown in and the like. Also the player can easily see their mistakes and better them selves. Or if too many are given or its the only one, the community knows for without a doubt the reasoning behind it for bans. Again just a thought. Hope we can figure this out and again thanks for the awesome dedication you guys put into the server!

19. Deleted 6 years ago by Family
  20. @rnc2011 I truly Wish I could believe that, all things considering you seem to be quite the exception. You have an unconditional positive regard towards the player community and it would seem that you do not forget what it is like to be the player and not just an Staff. I truly believe that with some work all the staff could be like you, and the server would be more pleasant. (Not saying that staff or the server are not pleasurable) Just a change on perspective. I manage many different job situations RL and I would never handle situations like I have seen or experienced on this server.

21. Edited 6 years ago by Grassling

@Family I appreciate the input into the conversation and love the suggestion. However, there was a time before this arguing where I respectfully voiced my opinion on problems with staff communication and was mocked for it. It was then I felt the only way to get through to the staff was to specifically point out things they are doing wrong and again, when I made my post on the forums, I tried to do it respectfully. Other players who share the same opinions as me took to the forums to make sure they were being heard aswell and nearly every player (minor exceptions) who responded to the thread (not staff) unanimously agreed that there was a problem with the way the staff represents themselves and conducts business. To further my credibility this is not only an issue I had far before my ban, it was an issue I tried to verbally communicate with staff. I was told I was one of few who shared this opinion but I'm glad to see other voices being heard

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!