Kill Arena Loggers and Add Delay on Teleports

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

Im not sure if adding punishments to logging would be the best course of action (such as insta death, giving out heads, etc.). With that said I like what @Dennari43 adds to this thread and I feel that idea could be expanded upon. Adding multiple pvp options would benifit not just pvp'ers like yourself, but other players in general.

3. @R4iscool1 I don't know about all pvp servers but we aren't a pvp server and it's all an opinion. Some see that as a good part of CM others clearly don't. Others would like not to lose any items and many don't care at all.

why would you join a server that has pvp ENABLED if you don't want to lose items?

better yet, why would you jump into a pvp arena (which by the way, the main purpose of is to pvp) if you didn't want to lose items?????

@BoneChi11er Im not sure if adding punishments to logging would be the best course of action (such as insta death, giving out heads, etc.). With that said I like what @Dennari43 adds to this thread and I feel that idea could be expanded upon. Adding multiple pvp options would benifit not just pvp'ers like yourself, but other players in general.

of course you don't want punishments, you logged on me yesterday lmfao

the main thing you guys should take from my arguments is this:

- the pvp arena is a place to pvp, you can lose items in there but so what? suck it up

- why should you be able to log out in the pvp arena to avoid losing the items you were originally going to use to try to take someone else's items with? that's just unfair

- how is it fun at all to log on people or be logged on? just take the fucking risk and maybe you'll win. you shouldn't be able to chicken out of the situation

- making the arena log-free would make things more intense and therefore fun. i know that if there's a diamond guy in there and i go in he's just going to teleport out or log on me, so what's the point at all? you should only go in there knowing full and well that you're taking a risk. you don't just invest a bunch of money into a company and then once the company starts going downhill you say "oh shit things aren't working out, i want my money back pls" because that's exactly what pvping is, it is an investment, it is a gamble, it is a risk.

- the arena is the one place where pvp is specifically catered to, and you guys DON'T WANT TO CATER TO THE PVPERS

4. @SharpSerac of course you don't want punishments, you logged on me yesterday lmfao

Id like to point out that I wasnt in the pvp ring to fight pvp'ers. I was there for the server event only, which was being held in the pvp ring.

@SharpSerac - the arena is the one place where pvp is specifically catered to, and you guys DON'T WANT TO CATER TO THE PVPERS

I guess you just forgot that there was another paragraph to my post. It's also worth reiterating that, as @R4iscool1 previously mentioned, that pvp'ers don't make up the majority of the CraftyMynes player base. Not saying that changes can't be made, just don't start whining if nothing happens.

5. @BoneChi11er I guess you just forgot that there was another paragraph to my post. It's also worth reiterating that, as @R4iscool1 previously mentioned, that pvp'ers don't make up the majority of the CraftyMynes player base. Not saying that changes can't be made, just don't start whining if nothing happens.

if you aren't a pvper then why would you ever go into the arena in the first place unless it's to

oh wait...

uh

shit

PVP????

how could changes made TO THE PVP ARENA affect the players that aren't pvpers?

6. @SharpSerac if you aren't a pvper then why would you ever go into the arena in the first place unless it's to

oh wait...

uh

shit

PVP????

Are you even reading my posts? to quote myself...

@BoneChi11er Id like to point out that I wasnt in the pvp ring to fight pvp'ers. I was there for the server event only, which was being held in the pvp ring.

Also you have yet to actually reply your thoughts on my other post...

@BoneChi11er With that said I like what @Dennari43 adds to this thread and I feel that idea could be expanded upon. Adding multiple pvp options would benifit not just pvp'ers like yourself, but other players in general.

7. @SharpSerac the chances of being disconnected mid fight are miniscule. here's a tip: if you have a shit connection, don't go in the pvp arena. it's that simple.

Here's a tip: Not everyone lives in the USA

8. @BoneChi11er Are you even reading my posts? to quote myself...

wasn't referring to your cowardice, i was talking about

@BoneChi11er I guess you just forgot that there was another paragraph to my post. It's also worth reiterating that, as @R4iscool1 previously mentioned, that pvp'ers don't make up the majority of the CraftyMynes player base.

so, yeah xd

i heard "let's add some options" not "here are some possible options: ..." so she didn't really contribute to a solution there.

"here we have the log arena, and over here we have the no log arena"

@Cileklim Here's a tip: Not everyone lives in the USA

then why play on a server hosted in either canada or the US? better yet, why go and pvp on a server hosted in canada or the US????

9. Edited 6 years ago by BoneChi11er

@SharpSerac - making the arena log-free would make things more intense and therefore fun. i know that if there's a diamond guy in there and i go in he's just going to teleport out or log on me, so what's the point at all? you should only go in there knowing full and well that you're taking a risk. you don't just invest a bunch of money into a company and then once the company starts going downhill you say "oh shit things aren't working out, i want my money back pls" because that's exactly what pvping is, it is an investment, it is a gamble, it is a risk.

Heres the issue with the current setup of the pvp ring. The thing is anyone can just join in a fight, which isn't great if your trying to pvp with one person or so. Which in turn make pvp logging all the more understandable. While pvp servers usually have a free-for-all section, they also tend to have a closed-duel section where it's 1v1 or 2v2 and ect.. I would think having more options to pvp like that would not only reduce pvp logging, but also potentially introducing more players into pvp and making pvp more interesting in general(whether that can be done or not in vanilla, I have no idea. Im just elaborating here). Kinda unfair to try and pin down pvp logging unless you change the setup of pvp.

10. @SharpSerac I think that the current punishment for PVP logging in the arena is not harsh enough. It's the only place in the server where us PVPers really have something specifically for us and nothing stops people from abusing the log out button other than a superficial label. I think that by entering the arena, you should be risking something, and arena loggers currently do not risk anything. I know that this would not be that hard to implement since there are commands that can tell when someone logs out while in combat.

In addition, teleports should also have delay added to them to make it harder to escape. Right now they are instant as long as you have full health. This change would just make it harder to get out of the arena (and other places in the map) without fighting, as it should be. A delay of about 5 seconds would be fair.

I agree with killing the loggers. I think if you're going to go into the arena you shouldn't be allowed to leave once you get into a fight that you are losing. The punishment for this should be worse than "[Username] is a combat logger!" They should be killed and the items distributed to whoever caused them to log (the last one to hit them). As for tping home I think that should remain the same as it is now.

@BoneChi11er Heres the issue with the current setup of the pvp ring. The thing is anyone can just join in a fight, which isn't great if your trying to pvp with one person or so. Which in turn make pvp logging all the more understandable. While pvp servers usually have a free-for-all section, they also tend to have a closed-duel section where it's 1v1 or 2v2 and ect.. I would think having more options to pvp like that would not only reduce pvp logging, but also potentially introducing more players into pvp and making pvp more interesting in general(whether that can be done or not in vanilla, I have no idea. Im just elaborating here). Kinda unfair to try and pin down pvp logging unless you change the setup of pvp.

That's why there was a discussion on making a 1v1 arena.

11. @SharpSerac i heard "let's add some options" not "here are some possible options: ..." so she didn't really contribute to a solution there.

"here we have the log arena, and over here we have the no log arena"

The 1v1 arena was literally your idea. XD And you're complaint is about too much logging. I proposed an idea that would reduce logging. That's considered a solution. Just because it's not as aggressive as you wanted and instead avoids the punishment tactic you want doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

12. Edited 6 years ago by r4iscool1

@SharpSerac why would you join a server that has pvp ENABLED if you don't want to lose items?

better yet, why would you jump into a pvp arena (which by the way, the main purpose of is to pvp) if you didn't want to lose items?????

Why don't you ask people that play kit PVP all the time?
    Many people find that PVP is much more fun when you remove the items and it purely becomes a contest of skill, who is better at PVPing not who is better equipped.
    To be honest it makes quite a lot of sense.

13. This has been discussed at length in the past. My memory is that it was set aside rather than ruled out.

I understand where sharp is coming from in that if you go in the pvp arena you should accept the risk of losing your stuff. I see no reason why you shouldn't accept that risk if you have a poor connection. After all you don't have to enter the arena at all.

My suggestion if there was to be a penalty added for logging would be to add one off chance to leave the arena when a new player enters. Alternatively apply it to a dedicated 1v1 arena

I have a feeling that there are some other issues with adding a penalty that came out in the earlier discussions that would have implications we have missed in this thread.

14. I played on another server and you cant just tp out of the arena you have to climb out if you go in maybe we can try this just remover the ability to tp out and make anyone that enter the arena have to climb out

15. Not doable I'm afraid

16. @HaloNest its people like you who log you act as if you want pvp standing in the arena asking who wants to pvp then when you get smacked down you log

17. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

@javonjw @HaloNest its people like you who log you act as if you want pvp standing in the arena asking who wants to pvp then when you get smacked down you log

I indeed used to log in the past now I learned to man up and don't do that anymore, just to clear out in first place.

In second place, there is a barrier of barrier blocks that prevents people from out of the arena to pearl in or to shoot arrows into it or things of that kind; that barrier is necessary and it separates the arena from the rest of the structure. How do you climb out of the arena if there's a structure block above your damn head?

I said it wasn't doable for a technical reason, not because I like to log or bs like that.

Time to think with the brain

18. @HaloNest things can be changed blocks can be moved and replaced

19. Sure whatevs.

20. As javon said, his suggestion is far from undoable. It would be a small change to the layout, but nothing undoable

21. And how would it work

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!