Nov again, annual lets increase render distance thread!

1. 6 years ago
    Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  2. I have no idea how stuff like this works, but my two cents is that people complain about lag enough already, and a large render distance isn't really needed.

3. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  4. I really hope they consider increasing it, even if its a small increase.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Compos

changed my mind. if it is increased x rayers can see furthers. i do not want my base found. please decrease view distance to 1 block!

i never before thought about this aspect of having a large view distance :(

6. Edited 6 years ago by Cileklim

Not the best way to... you know, play the game.

7. The issue with increasing render distance is that CM is already laggy enough as it is, further increasing it will just make CM lag more

8. CM's issue with lag comes from players bases, the fact we are vanilla and the people who fly through the nether loading and generating 1000's of chunks in a very short period of time. It's not going to be fixed anytime soon and increasing the render distance would mean that every player would now be causing a lot more lag and players flying in the nether would cripple the server.

9. @CraftyMyner Why is it that loading chunks in the nether would lag the server more than in the overworld? I thought that since it's easier to avoid obstacles and fly faster in the overworld, this would cause the server more lag.

10. In my country it's December...

11. @Stone__Warrior @CraftyMyner Why is it that loading chunks in the nether would lag the server more than in the overworld? I thought that since it's easier to avoid obstacles and fly faster in the overworld, this would cause the server more lag.

Because he's talking about the nether roof, the flattest and easiest place to fly in the game.

12. @NerdieBirdieYT Because he's talking about the nether roof, the flattest and easiest place to fly in the game.

Ohh ok, forgot that using the nether roof is allowed.

13. Elytra+rockets+roof makes you able to travel from one side of the overworld map to the other within minutes
    If mojang wouod just add a way to decrease the render distance for a specific dimension only

14. I think the developers figuring out how to use more than 1 cpu thread would help too

15. Lol I already have my render distance on max XD

16. @TimeKing297 Lol I already have my render distance on max XD

This does nothing if the servers render distance is less.

17. Edited 6 years ago by onionpaste

@ardoasms I think the developers figuring out how to use more than 1 cpu thread would help too

Since MC now uses java 8, starting a new thread is as simple as:

new Thread(() -> {
    //code
    }).start();

but micro$oft would have to rewrite a lot of the code to use synchronization, volatile fields, and use the wait/notify api so that MC would be thread safe... I wish they would do this in 1.13 or 1.14!

18. Yes, creating threads is easy, it’s the logic of a multithreaded environment that’s hard.

or Sign Up to reply!