Ghost Encounter Stories

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by Mymcy

All right Crafty forum dwellers let's face it. We're all awaiting for the exciting new update so I figured why not wait and be entertained at the same time? I'm not aware if someone has started a thread like this before yet, either way I'm excited to try this out.. Think of it as a community campfire :)

I've noticed my relatives and friends always have a ghost story or two to share. So I'm curious what others have to share as well whether it's an eerie, strange, or plain out creepy encounter you or someone you know experienced tell them here and let the spooky fun begin!
    __

Smol Edit: No using this thread to troll or tease players, I would rather hear cool interesting stories instead!
    Example: My scary encounter was seeing "player name" do so and so

2. Curious but not that curious

3. I'm going to share one of mine-

I'm not an avid believer of ghosts or anything too crazy but I still remember an odd moment. It was when I was younger my guardians had work during the night time leaving me alone at the house most nights. But I remember that I was just about to walk to my bedroom when I saw my door knob violently turn and jitter and shake loudly. I knew it was no air draft seeing my door knob doing full turns from side to side and no window open. My two cats weren't playing around either they were both right by me staring the same way I was. What made it scarier was that my room light was shut off as well leaving a dark mass

At that point I was 100% Convinced there was a stranger in the house so I ran into the bathroom with a phone in hand pleading for people to come home and help me. Them hearing my tone of voice over the phone knew I wasn't joking, I stayed in the bathroom until they finally returned and helped me scout out the place to find nothing. This was a place that was very old too with history so it's a bit strange

4. Alrighty, I've got a few stories, but I'll share my most memorable one, and I apologize in advance for the length :D

Back when I was a freshman in college (2008) they offered "haunted ghost tours" of some of the more historic buildings on campus. To be fair, most of the buildings were old, as the school was built in the late 1800's. The oldest building on campus was originally a hotel that had been converted into dorms for the upper-classmen and it was an all-around creepy place.

My roommate and I were both really into that spooky shit so we went, listened to the lecture from the lady conducting the tour, and then we were left to go "hunting" on our own inside this dorm. While a creepy place, it didn't really give off any odd vibes so I was sure nothing was going to happen.

Fast forward about 30 minutes into our exploration (they had given us a full hour to "hunt"), and we find ourselves in the basement. Concrete walls and floor, no paint or light fixtures, and no other students messing around. It was a complete 180 from the upstairs portion of the building. There was a single hanging light bulb that lit up a room just big enough for 2 washers and 2 dryers (maybe 8x8? There was just a little path to walk between the washers and dryers). Past that was a very narrow hallway with a door at the end. I had started to get a liiiiittle weirded out at this point but my roommate was all excited to see what the door led to so I followed along.

We open this door to find the fkn creepiest bathroom known to man. It was a 3-stall bathroom like you'd see in a school, with wall to wall mirrors across the front, with 3 sinks. Pretty average, right? Except the mirror was terribly cracked, shattered in one place where it looked as though someone threw a chair at it. Two of the sinks were busted and the third sink was altogether missing. The stall doors were hanging at odd angles, and even the tile floor was cracked and pitted.

Thankfully the fluorescent lights worked, so that was a plus. But entering the bathroom, my feelings changed dramatically. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, I began to feel anxious and legitimately scared, and I asked my roommate if we could just go. What does she do? Lock the fkn door and turn off the lights.

Yeah. I know. I wanted to punch her. Now she starts asking questions into the darkness ("Is there anyone here with us? "What's your name?" etc, etc) all the while, I'm getting more and more apprehensive, to the point where I eventually said something along the lines of needing to get the hell out of there ASAP. She turns the lights back on, unlocks the door, and we bolt out. As soon as we're out of there and back upstairs, the anxious feeling is gone. The whole encounter may have lasted 5 minutes.

Fast forward a few hours...

We're back in our room and I'm going over the recording I took with my phone when I come across the bathroom scene. As I hear my roommate's voice in the background, muffled and asking questions, this LOUD whisper comes over the speaker saying "Get Out!" as though it were right on top of the microphone. When she asks her last question, I hear the voice again, a little quieter, say "Gooo...". That was right before we bolted out of there. It was just the two of us in that bathroom, and neither of us heard ANYTHING while we were actually there.

Still creeps me the fk out thinking back on it.

5. Alright I'll share my story

So I was in my bed one night and I had my light off, I was watching TV just sorta waiting to get tired and I hear this noise, it wasn't anything I'd ever heard before and I just sorta thought "huh that's weird" so I just sort of shrugged it off and went back to watching George Lopez on nick at nite. About 15 minutes later I hear this noise again and I get a little worried and I see this shadowy figure in the corner of my room and I start to freak out, because I've never seen that before. I start to get really panicked and I don't know what the hell to do. I'm under my blanket because ghosts can't beat blankets, I'm about to yell in fear of my own safety, and George Lopez is screaming at Angie "I GOT THIS" in the background. That's when it hit me, ghosts don't exist. The sound I was hearing was on George Lopez and the shadowy figure was my lamp casting a shadow from the light from the TV. I call my mom in and she opens the door, gets on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur. Spaghetti starts falling out of my pockets, I look at my mom and I realize she's spaghetti. I look at my hands and I realize that I am spaghetti.

6. Maybe is not a real ghost story and just a story about Ina being scared of rain xD

Sometimes when I couldn’t sleep at night I used to go on walks. Sometimes I went through the town and hung out on a schoolground, and sometimes I went to the fields. That one time I went to the fields too. The shortest way there was over the graveyard. And that didn’t bother me much, I’ve walked through it at night many times.
    When I was at the fields later, a thunderstorm started and I didn’t come back in time. And when I was back at the graveyard and walked past the chapel tower, it looked super amazing with the lightnings.
    So then I pulled out my phone and didn’t mind the rain and tried taking pictures. But that didn’t work out, so then I switched to video. Going over the street away from it, I still kept holding my camera to the tower sometimes. And then I turned it off at the other side of the street and hurried home.
    When I was dried up and cozy in my bed again I still wanted to look at my video before I sleep. There was like lots of noise and mumbles, and at the point where I was going over the street it clearly sounded like “Du entkommst mir nicht”. That means “you won’t escape me”. That scared me and I kept my light on and was lying in my bed awake until I just fell asleep with my light still on.

The other day I showed it to my friends and we discussed it, and some said it is just noise and they hear nothing, and others said there is a voice and it’s creepy. Then the graveyard didn’t feel so safe anymore.

I don’t believe it was a ghost though, just noise, but I deleted it. It didn’t sound like rain. It sounded like talking! When something is scary like that or when there’s a weird shadow, or when I hear a scary story, then it freaks me out anyway even if I don’t believe in it xD

Naidae, do you still have your recording?

7. I love all these stories so far omgsh
    Seeing that recording would be super cool/spooki if it's still there and only if u wanna but wow

8. Edited 5 years ago by Abbasilol

-image-
    and i never had strange encounters, they werent strange to me atleast, ez.

9. God, I wish I did! I had it on my laptop from school but I haven't been able to locate the recording in years, Sally. However, we also lived in what we believed to be a haunted dorm room. The girls who lived directly below is came upstairs to complain about us rearranging furniture early in the morning or late at night, which we completely denied doing. Went so far as to set up a tape recorder in their room and record what went on when both of us were gone. I still have that tape and there's a lot of unexplainable sounds on it.

or Sign Up to reply!