bgmg - Staff Report

1. 4 years ago

Hey gamers, I was just wrongfully banned for a "Racist name"

• Firstly I would like to make the point that I am not racist, nor arabic.
    • With the evidence below I can both prove that I am known as "Al Shebab" online, everywhere and that the name inherently isn't racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shabaab_(militant_group)
    Al-Shabaab - A Terrorist organisation, my name is SIMILAR, NOT THE SAME
    -image-
    An image of my discord proving the use of my name

I feel that I was not listened too and that this Helper was blatantly racist towards arabic people
    -image-

- FYI I never spammed on the server, further proving my point that they were just making up reasons to ban me...

2. Also for those that are about to say my skin is "Osama bin laden"
    https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/12357879/arab-man-in-white-robe/
    Arab name - Arab skin

3. Firstly let me clarify, that it was me that kicked you first for the name and this was not for being a racist name but for being far too close to that of a very well known terrorist group. We don't allow controversial names like this on the server. We have numerous instances of people coming on the server in slight variants of very offensive names. These can be very upsetting. Sadly the online world seems to have many people that think it is ok to put swastikas or come on as osama bin laden lookalikes. The arab skin with the green jacket that you have is typically used by these unpleasant people. Sorry but it is just too close to the terrorist group and i checked google translate and can find no translations at all of shebab.

I am sure if you aren't one of those people then if you think about it you will realise how insensitive it is.

Anyway whatever race, colour or creed you have you are very welcome on the server when you have changed your name and skin to something less offensive.

4. Edited 4 years ago by BaronBattleBread

If you read your ban, right there in the picture, it says "inappropriate name" not "racist name".

And yeah, you're an idiot if you think thats not wholely inappropriate.

"Firstly I would like to make the point that I am not racist, nor arabic."
    yet here you are, going by an arabic name that just happens to be spelled almost exactly like a terrorist group,(that was already formed and known years before you "randomly" created your name), dressing your character in an arabic skin. But no, you're not the racist.

[18:08:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> apparently my name is highly political and offensive??
    [18:08:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] bgmg> Al_Shebab your gonna have to change that name please
    [18:09:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> https://www.google.com/search?q=Al+Shabaab&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZ-6DNu6XiAhU68HMBHereD1EQ7xYIKygA&biw=1536&bih=750&dpr=1.25

[18:10:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> my name is made up lol this is fucking racism
    [18:10:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] bgmg> Random name?
    [18:11:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> legit is
    [18:11:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] bgmg> this is the name of a terrorist organization
    [18:11:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> made it in 2014
    [18:11:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Helper] bgmg> please change it or be banned
    [18:11:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> ban me
    [18:11:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Al_Shebab> racist fuck
    [18:11:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Al_Shebab left the game

I mean, i could understand it if he was yelling at you about it. but he wasn't- He asked you nicely, he told you the specific reason, and you turned into a jackass. you claim it was racist, but wait.. it cant be racist, you're not arabic, by your own admission, you're just pretending to be one in a kids game.

If you had read the rules like you should of when you joined:
    Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat.

No inappropriate Names/Skins - This includes your name, item name, name tags, nude skins, body part skins, subjective skins, etc. If asked by staff to change something you have/use because of this, please do so!

Please listen to staff members - In order to keep the server safe, staff reserve the right to add, modify and patch rules.

5. So are all of you justifying banning a player with an Arabic name and skin, which in itself is not in any way racist. 'Al Shebab' means the boys in arabic... Not sure if you know what similarity is

By the way I have no intention of playing this server I just raising a point as I came on to play, was running across a Stone Bridge at .wild and was harassed for my name, called a cheater and got banned.

Hopefully someone else that actually cares doesn't get treated the same way.

Also having a quick read it seems I'm not the first to be discriminated against as Bisxual experienced a similar issue.

6. Oh im sorry, did you still not read the rules?

I honestly cant tell if youre trolling or if youre really that fucking stupid.

The people that actually care, they understand we have rules to follow. And we ask nicely. So they tend to agree and change whatever it was that was breaking the rules so they can play.

You were called a cheater by another player, which you agreeed to. Like a dumbass.

A staff member told you your name was too similiar to a fucking terrorist organization to be allowed on the server nd your argument is that theyre racist. So they act on their warning based on the rules that we follow, and you complain like a fucking simpleton.

You litteraly told them to ban you, instead oh thinking "oh, yeah, my name does look an aweful lot like a terrorist group, and im dressed like one, maybe i should change something". No, you decided to attempt outrage of racism, like a jackass. Youre not being discriminated against, youre acting like a child because you cant abide by the rules of the server. Fuck off. XD

As far as Bisexual is concerned, if you READ THE RULES, its clearly stated we dont allow that in the chat. They couldnt handle it either.

Welcome to the internet, cupcake. Follow the rules or GTFO. :P

7. Edited 4 years ago by Nysic

Sorry I can't take this report seriously.

The staff member in question was acting within the rules. I find nothing of substance in your report to act on. Since you have approached this in the way you have, it leaves me to believe you are just a troll and that we are better off not having you on the server.

I wish you all the best and if you do come back please read the rules.

or Sign Up to reply!