1. 4 years ago

We need clearer rules regarding whats to be allowed... there's literally been people be told off by staff for spamming regarding them selling stuff, despite being no more intrusive than others thats being defended by staff, who are being told by multiple non-staff members that they are spamming and to knock it off...

2. Can you give examples of such cases?

3. of staff defending?, papaneon 30minutes ago

4. No of the spam you speak of, both cases of one being ignored and the one you say got told not to spam, and the staff that warned if u can.The rule is aslong as its done with enough time in between it isnt spam.

5. i cannot, as the other happened like two weeks ago and i cannot recall the name ...

6. Its hard to determine the situation if no evidence of the cases can be provided.

7. yes, i see... this negates any need for clearer rules.

8. How about Inuyashi with her chat bot timed to 10 minute intervals over the last 48 hours

9. @Pwnanite How about Inuyashi with her chat bot timed to 10 minute intervals over the last 48 hours

Just wanted to chime in and say no, I wouldn't consider that spam. While it can be repetitive and some players may find it annoying, they aren't spamming chat constantly. My personal rule of thumb for spam is once per screen of chat, so 10-minute intervals aren't even close.

10. Is it possible we can be allowed a chat mod of some sort so we can ignore what some of us consider spam?

11. we dont have plugins on this server nor do we allow mods outside of the following:
    Optifine/FPS Reducers, Sound Packs/Filters, Shaders and Batty's Coordinates Plus.

12. Deleted 4 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  13. Edited 4 years ago by istasi

@Blackened_Dawn we dont have plugins on this server nor do we allow mods outside of the following:
    Optifine/FPS Reducers, Sound Packs/Filters, Shaders and Batty's Coordinates Plus.

Yes, i see... this negates any need for clearer rules.

14. Edited 4 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

The rules state no. No chat mods. Pretty clear.
    We can’t have strictly defined rules because if we did people would argue petty semantics. Not to mention we couldn’t cover every little variation of a phrase because a lot of it is interpretation. If someone slightly misspelled the n word and said “I didn’t mean it like that” what strict rule would cover it? The only solution is to say it’s up to staff discretion of what was meant, which you say isn’t clear enough.
    As for

@Pwnanite How about Inuyashi with her chat bot timed to 10 minute intervals over the last 48 hours

If it was a chat bot it wouldn’t be allowed. Since it’s just her typing it in every 10 minutes then it’s fine.

15. Thanks for clearing this up, i understand now

16. @istasi Yes, i see... this negates any need for clearer rules.

It does, you're correct.

or Sign Up to reply!