Disable VPN Bans for VIP

1. 2 years ago

Not sure how much of an issue VPN bans are right now, but it would be a convenience to not only the players that regularly use VPN's, but to the staff that have to unban them as well. This may encourage more players to buy VIP as well, to add convenience of not having to disable their VPN before joining.

2. Or maybe kicks instead of bans for VIP

3. @Recr_uit Or maybe kicks instead of bans for VIP

or maybe what i said, you know, no bans for vip

4. @Schlocked Not sure how much of an issue VPN bans are right now, but it would be a convenience to not only the players that regularly use VPN's, but to the staff that have to unban them as well. This may encourage more players to buy VIP as well, to add convenience of not having to disable their VPN before joining.

I'm taking from this that you're proposing that buying a rank should disable vpns? The vpn ban is generally used to stop bot attacks and while it may be an annoyance to those who regularly use them it is a necessity. The rank vpn disable is a cool idea tho. I support it.

5. This is a good idea however I feel some regular default players who are young or simply cannot afford to buy a rank would be left out and this would be kinda unfair. Maybe a verify system within the game which allows you to verify your email/phone number etc. once verified your IGN can be whitelisted to avoid Auto VPN bans

6. The situation is also due to the fact that since in the past there's been ranked players caught cheating, if the VPN ban would be removed for all VIP / VIP+ and MVP ranks, that would give the ranked cheaters an opportunity to return via VPN, not only the bots of which the system was also designed to deal with, so it could lead to a sticky situation

7. @DonCake The situation is also due to the fact that since in the past there's been ranked players caught cheating, if the VPN ban would be removed for all VIP / VIP+ and MVP ranks, that would give the ranked cheaters an opportunity to return via VPN, not only the bots of which the system was also designed to deal with, so it could lead to a sticky situation

That makes sense, although this would mean that every time that a cheater wants to return to the server they would have to buy a rank. If only MVPs were immune to VPN bans, that would mean that it would be very expensive to return to cheat, and it would only be a nice QOL addition for MVP rank.

8. @01011000 That makes sense, although this would mean that every time that a cheater wants to return to the server they would have to buy a rank. If only MVPs were immune to VPN bans, that would mean that it would be very expensive to return to cheat, and it would only be a nice QOL addition for MVP rank.

I understand your point of view - however, I wouldn't risk our community to someone who would buy a rank and put us and our server in danger. Due to the fact people are people and there's been offenders of all kinds, even MVP's in the past, even if we trust our playerbase, it could lead to problems in the future from people who could take advantage of the additional "perks", if you may (from getting an MVP rank), to harm the server, of which people should be playing safely on a daily basis, making those exempt from the past permanent bans (from whatever reason)? I don't know! There's been people trying to compromise the server before. And the server is not cheap to run nor to maintain, per se!

In a big picture, would you find it a good solution for our community overall to risk other folks bypassing VPN bans in order to avoid the minor inconveniences of appealing to them? I'll leave that for you to decide as this is also an opinion and my point of view. What matters is that the server should be a safe place for everyone to play. Thanks for the input!

9. @DonCake The situation is also due to the fact that since in the past there's been ranked players caught cheating, if the VPN ban would be removed for all VIP / VIP+ and MVP ranks, that would give the ranked cheaters an opportunity to return via VPN, not only the bots of which the system was also designed to deal with, so it could lead to a sticky situation

having your isp change your ip address is really not that hard. if people wanted to bypass an ip ban, it's as simple as calling your isp so i don't see how this is an issue

10. I think it would be a good idea if you had to verify your account via email to remove auto VPN bans for regular players. So It is not needed to buy ranks to bypass the VPN ban which is unfair. This could work so it is specifically linked to an account and cannot be removed so if the player got banned and wanted to come back with a VPN they would need a whole new email and mc account needing to verify it or something like that.

11. @VIP653 I think it would be a good idea if you had to verify your account via email to remove auto VPN bans for regular players. So It is not needed to buy ranks to bypass the VPN ban which is unfair. This could work so it is specifically linked to an account and cannot be removed so if the player got banned and wanted to come back with a VPN they would need a whole new email and mc account needing to verify it or something like that.

i don't see how it's unfair at all, it's on the same level as vip's getting an extra sethome. it wouldn't make it impossible for you to play the game at all lol. everyone already has to disable whatever vpn they're on to play anyways

12. i agree, i almost always use a vpn as i watch alot of netflix outwith the uk. aaaannnddd it feels like i get better connection on a canadian ip as my internet is awful. im not sure it even matters tho. i need to hotspot most days as my internet is literally the worst. i can see why people may think its unfair or so but im in favour of it

13. I don’t know i just feel like players shouldn't need to buy a rank just to avoid being banned by accident. What you said about sethome was stupid, its not the same, you buy VIP for extra perks, an extra sethome is one of them, I just feel its unfair towards younger players who do not have access to money or people who simply cannot afford it.

14. No.

or Sign Up to reply!