Worldborder size doubled

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 months ago
    Edited 7 months ago by CraftyMyner

@TimmyBoyT 128 in each direction hopefully. To preserve all the mob proofing.

Region files are 512 x 512 so that would be the minimum distance.

3. Deleted 7 months ago by TimmyBoyT
  4. @birdfrock Why would Crafty say it is known if there's no evidence?

I misspoke, the right wording should have been assumed or believed.

5. Edited 7 months ago by TimmyBoyT

@CraftyMyner Chunks are 512 x 512 so that would be the minimum distance.

I must be mathing wrong. When you say chunks you mean the standard 16x16 chunks or something else?

6. @TimmyBoyT I must be mathing wrong. When you say chunks you mean the standard 16x16 chunks or something else?

It's been a long day. You are right, I meant region files, they are 512 x 512.

7. @CraftyMyner It's been a long day. You are right, I meant region files, they are 512 x 512.

so explain to me in laymans terms what this all means. please.

8. All minecraft maps are stored in files that contain data for 512 x512 blocks, which is 32 x 32 chunks. So this is quite a big area.

9. If you load a region file it changes the last modified time to the current time. This can be used to see when the last time someone was in it. All files are added to a list to be reset which checked against the list of homes, bed spawns, and last logged out positions to make sure there is no conflict with a player who has left for an extended period of time.

10. how does this help prevent griefing?

11. @birdfrock how does this help prevent griefing?

There are exploits that are able to follow paths made by players using the chunks they loaded when travelling to their base. Resetting old chunks break the paths and make them harder to follow.

12. Edited 7 months ago by Schlocked

@CraftyMyner .homes will not be reset.

what is the area around a .home that won't be reset exactly? would be helpful to help prevent parts of builds being deleted in case of extended cm vacations

13. @Schlocked what is the area around a .home that won't be reset exactly? would be helpful to help prevent parts of builds being deleted in case of extended cm vacations

Any region files that intersect within 512 blocks of homes/bed spawn will not be reset.

If your home is 1 block from the edge of a region file then that means it will be 513 blocks in that direction and and 1023 blocks in the other direction.

14. Edited 7 months ago by TimmyBoyT

@CraftyMyner Any region files that intersect within 512 blocks of homes/bed spawn will not be reset.

If your home is 1 block from the edge of a region file then that means it will be 513 blocks in that direction and and 1023 blocks in the other direction.

Oh, so the home location preserves the region file it falls inside plus 1 more region file in each direction?
    Is that a block of 9 region files around each home?
    Wait that’s not right… can’t figure out where the 1023 came from.
    Oh, maybe an additional region file gets added to the short sides. 4 regions for each home?

15. so also what you're saying is if we don't log in for 6 months our base or build could be deleted and reset?

16. @birdfrock so also what you're saying is if we don't log in for 6 months our base or build could be deleted and reset?

Only if there is no .home or player bed present there. Otherwise it will be fine

17. @birdfrock so also what you're saying is if we don't log in for 6 months our base or build could be deleted and reset?

This is what happens when you start begging for admin intervention because “greeferz ruin muh playstyle,” you voted for this brah

18. @j____a____r____d This is what happens when you start begging for admin intervention because “greeferz ruin muh playstyle,” you voted for this brah

I'm not concerned with it. are you?

19. @birdfrock I'm not concerned with it. are you?

I’m concerned with cheaters running unapproved mods and software on Craftymynes if that’s what you’re asking ;)

20. @TimmyBoyT Oh, so the home location preserves the region file it falls inside plus 1 more region file in each direction?
    Is that a block of 9 region files around each home?
    Wait that’s not right… can’t figure out where the 1023 came from.
    Oh, maybe an additional region file gets added to the short sides. 4 regions for each home?

Hopefully this makes a bit of sense. The 1023 comes from if you are on the edge of a chunk you get 512 from that chunk which loads the next chunk over, so 2 chunks minus the one block over that you are.

[_______REGION_______][H_____________][_______REGION_______]
    [_________511________][1__________511][_________511________]
    [_________512_________]1[___________1022___________________]

or Sign Up to reply!