Getting griefed and leaving Craftymynes

1. 7 months ago

Minecraft used to be a way of my daughter and I connecting. My daughter who's on the Spectrum, doesn't do hugs well, but we connect when playing minecraft. Unfortunately We were griefed last map and she will no longer play because of this.
    I came back after the map reset, as I liked the group on this server. all except for the team eye faction.
    Was just griefed several times after building somethings and I'm done.

My personal opinion, is maybe crafty should thing about a boundary for Griefing.
    The server I went back to, Vanilla High, has a grief insurance policy. You go out past a certain distance, on this server it's only 15K as the map is only 30K.
    But if you get griefed and you are out past the boundary they will reset your area, and the person who griefed you is banned. Anything inside the boundary is fair game and so is the end and nether.

This is so those of us who like to build and not be "renovated" by the likes of holes such as IwarriorI, Schvex , aka Team Eyehole, can build in peace instead of stressing if I am hidden enough and will my build that took a while getting destroyed. Some of us like the people on this server, with the exception of that faction. Some of us like getting on after a long day of work and just hanging and conversing and not worrying about our builds. But because of that team specifically I am not on there much if at all, anymore.

Craftymynes lost some peopel this past month because they were tired of the holes destroying the work we've done.
    Myself and my daughter are two. The others are morntenchops, snakedad, hatarn and about 3 others from that group.

Maybe if crafty gave this some thought for those of us that like this server, this crowd with those few exceptions, and created a "safe zone" for those of us who want to build without the worry of out work being destroyed, maybe some would come back. Maybe not.

I do know that the others who left, bought their own server and are now building to their hearts content without the worry of being griefed.

While some will defintely say go to another server then, well yes, I could and did, but there are also reason I like craftymynes, but one of them is not being griefed over and over.

2. I am really saddened to see this post. I have not been around enough to see the state of the current griefing going on in the server. I have taken some time to see it with my own eyes and talk to the staff and I believe we have come up with a solution. https://forum.craftymynes.com/10333-worldborder-size-doubled

We will continue to work towards a server that everyone can enjoy no matter what style they are into. We hope you can join us again and continue to be apart of our community.

3. It's been a pleasure birdfrock. Best of luck out there!

4. Crafty you are the sweetest to see this and immediately make a change to try and make it better for everyone.

But I need to say, birdfrock, the way you use your relationship with your daughter to gain sympathy is pathetic. You as a father of a neurodivergent girl, it is YOUR responsibility to grow that relationship, and if minecraft is how you two connect than it is up to YOU to find a place where she would feel safe and have fun. This server is a griefing and raiding server- period. You knew that when you joined, and you knew that when you invited her to join and did nothing to prepare her or yourself for the possibility of being raided or griefed and that's on YOU.

I've played here for over 5 years as purely a builder. I have never participated in a grief or raid and am not a part of team eye, but ive never been griefed. There are some basic rules to follow on a vanilla server to stop from being found and they work perfectly. The fact that you were found multiple times seems to me like you don't follow any of these rules. So once again- YOUR FAULT.
    Even if the border had been extended before you were found I can guarantee you would have been found anyways. If not because you don't follow the rules of vanilla survival building, then because you made yourself a target. Team eye clearly likes messing with people who give them what they want, and you gave it to them 10-fold each time.

Your daughter isn't some token for you to use to fuck with people's feelings. This is a game, and people playing the game the way it's meant to be played doesn't make them assholes. Get over yourself.

Bye

5. Edited 7 months ago by birdfrock

thanks LBF, but I'm just explaining what can and has happened.
    I'm trying to bring attention to what happens here too IRL. I have other ways of connecting with her now. but yes I am using it to BRING ATTENTION that need to be addressed.

Also you happen to be a donor of material for Team eye So you are complicit. See the linked photo.

You can step down from your soap box now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1k9PrzdWLPLReM1S6

I am fighting for change.

6. @CraftyMyner I am really saddened to see this post. I have not been around enough to see the state of the current griefing going on in the server. I have taken some time to see it with my own eyes and talk to the staff and I believe we have come up with a solution. https://forum.craftymynes.com/10333-worldborder-size-doubled

We will continue to work towards a server that everyone can enjoy no matter what style they are into. We hope you can join us again and continue to be apart of our community.

I hope so too. and I do appreciate you taking the time to see and hear this, but making the border bigger isn't really the issue here.

7. awe thank you so much i wasnt able to get a ss of that moment ♥

i will stand on my soap box all day over something that is actually wrong. imagine thinking using your daughter for sympathy is better than blowing up virtual blocks in a video game. maybe take a step back and look at it from a different point of view. if you were gonna cry so hard about being griefed why did you ever join a griefing server??? it's laughable

8. @littleblueflame awe thank you so much i wasnt able to get a ss of that moment ♥

i will stand on my soap box all day over something that is actually wrong. imagine thinking using your daughter for sympathy is better than blowing up virtual blocks in a video game. maybe take a step back and look at it from a different point of view. if you were gonna cry so hard about being griefed why did you ever join a griefing server??? it's laughable

Step back and look in the mirror.
    What I am trying to do is get some change, I like the server, I'm ok with the griefing, but I don't want to be griefed I'm fighting for some changes on here, and if you don't like it, YOU go away.

9. @littleblueflame awe thank you so much i wasnt able to get a ss of that moment ♥

if you were gonna cry so hard about being griefed why did you ever join a griefing server??? it's laughable

I'm going to ask you to " take a step back and look at it from a different point of view."
    Just try, for a minute and look at it form a different perspective. But maybe you can't because you don't have that experience, but just try....

I joined a griefing server because I wanted challenges, and still do. But I'm asking for some changes and In'n finally getting heard it seems.

But just try, try to look at it from a different point of view and stop being malicious in your words.

10. @birdfrock I'm going to ask you to " take a step back and look at it from a different point of view."
    Just try, for a minute and look at it form a different perspective. But maybe you can't because you don't have that experience, but just try....

I joined a griefing server because I wanted challenges, and still do. But I'm asking for some changes and In'n finally getting heard it seems.

But just try, try to look at it from a different point of view and stop being malicious in your words.

what point of view am i supposed to be looking at it from bird? because even putting myself into your shoes it's still bs. beyond changing the server structure to include claims there is nothing that can be done about griefing. there is always a chance you're gonna be found. if it causes you strife then there are plenty of options where there is no chance you'll get griefed. and coming into a server that is advertised griefing and raiding to cry when you get griefed is just asinine!

11. @birdfrock I'm going to ask you to " take a step back and look at it from a different point of view."

also love that instead of doing what i said, you immediately throw it back on me and try to make me do it as if i hadnt already thought about it from your side. you really got me im so self absorbed i didnt even think to do what i had told you to do. silly me.

12. @littleblueflame changing the server structure to include claims there is nothing that can be done about griefing. !

I definitely don't want claims.

There are other things you can do. create safe zones that are forbidden to grief in.
    If griefed those areas can be reset back to what they were and the griefers will be banned for not abiding by the rules.

Ban the cheaters (which Crafty admitted was happening).

I still want the griefing to happen, just not in certain areas would be nice. Not completely changing the server. just some aspects of it.

Go see some of the other servers with similar things in place. maybe you will see what I mean.

13. @birdfrock I definitely don't want claims.

There are other things you can do. create safe zones that are forbidden to grief in.
    If griefed those areas can be reset back to what they were and the griefers will be banned for not abiding by the rules.

Ban the cheaters (which Crafty admitted was happening).

I still want the griefing to happen, just not in certain areas would be nice. Not completely changing the server. just some aspects of it.

Go see some of the other servers with similar things in place. maybe you will see what I mean.

I dont need to go see the other servers bc i love crafty the way it is, that's the point. You are not the only player and creating an issue where there is none is gross and full yourself. Go play on the other server if you love it so much and shuuut upppppp

14. and see you are just top afraid of change.

15. @birdfrock and see you are just top afraid of change.

I joined crafty wanting a fully vanilla style server. As did most of the people I know and play this server with. And it's still really pushing the edge of what most players look for in Vanilla. The changes you are asking for would make players like me leave. It has nothing to do with being "afraid of change". Your wants do not speak for the whole community.

16. I know my wants don't speak for everyone.
    See my latest post, about a guide...

Maybe instead of being a jerk, maybe teach people. make it fun, make it a game. Make it...gosh...enjoyable?

17. @birdfrock I know my wants don't speak for everyone.
    See my latest post, about a guide...

Maybe instead of being a jerk, maybe teach people. make it fun, make it a game. Make it...gosh...enjoyable?

I will not be responding to your reductive, demeaning, sexist nickname. I was never a jerk to you until you were to me. Learn how to differentiate between different players.

18. Edited 7 months ago by birdfrock

Not sure what you are talking about, nickname? You mean appendage?

The way you talk is like a guy. Sorry just now finding out you're a girls and one who is on the spectrum I apologize for insinuating you are a guy. I did not know.

but you were definitely demeaning, when I was bringing up my daughter. Re read your post.

You don't have to respond and I am happy if you don't but I do sincerely apologize for assuming the wrong. I have change the title of my latest post.

again I only just found out when you posted in chat on the game. Hard to tell on her and the game sometimes unless explicitly stated. Which is also why I sometimes will directly ask.

19. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH go play on a diff server without griefing dont bitch on the forums

20. @Lonely_Flame WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH go play on a diff server without griefing dont bitch on the forums

yeah, server is literally advertised as allowing raiding and griefing. it's astonishing how people don't know how to read

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!