Something Useful !

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@NutjobBob This seems oddly appropriate here:

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    -Asimov

But they are all same after all, aren't they? They both think they know everything! It's like looking at a mirror and getting annoyed by yourself!

3. @Cileklim It's like looking at a mirror and getting annoyed by yourself!

I-I-Is that not normal....I do that frequently......*reevaluates entire life*

4. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@jamlbon I-I-Is that not normal....I do that frequently......*reevaluates entire life*

We all do... *sad violin*

5. @Cileklim But they are all same after all, aren't they? They both think they know everything! It's like looking at a mirror and getting annoyed by yourself!

I think that's rather the point, it's intended sarcastically to point out the absurdity of thinking you know everything. Love the mirror analogy btw.

6. @Blackened_Dawn https://www.quora.com/Did-Einstein-say-Everybody-is-a-genius-but-if-you-judge-a-fish-by-its-ability-to-climb-a-tree-itll-live-its-whole-life-believing-that-its-stupid

k, I editted it :P

7. Edited 7 years ago by Abbasilol

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

There is only one good,Knowledge.And there is only one bad,Ignorance. :D-Secrates

8. “I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”
    -Mewtwo

9. @Abbasilol There is only one good,Knowledge.And there is only one bad,Ignorance. :D-Secrates

Yes but Socrates also supposedly said:

I am wiser than this man; it is likely that neither of us knows anything worthwhile, but he thinks he knows something when he does not, whereas when I do not know, neither do I think I know; so I am likely to be wiser than he to this small extent, that I do not think I know when I do not know

So he was clearly mostly evil and can't be trusted.

10. Edited 7 years ago by TheBlizWiz

"Tomorrow is the only thing that comes to you even if you don't do anything. Everything else in life has to be fought for, so go out and get what you want!"

Alternatively in German:

"Death is the only thing you get for free. Everything else in life has to be fought for, so go out and get what you want!" (Probably different, couldn't find the exact German translation, substituting English translation here)

-Gate Attendant between Dendemille Town and Route 17, Pokémon X and Y

11. "An open mouth often catches a closed fist"

12. What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

-Paarthurnax

13. @Cileklim Peace at home, peace in the world. -Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, 20 April 1931

founder of modern Turkey :D (i Listen in Social Studies xD)

14. "I like chocolate milk" - Cheese
    -image-

15. @BaronBattleBread "An open mouth often catches a closed fist"

so true, almost learned that the hard way

16. A Closed fist often get eaten by an open mouth :D

17. @NutjoBob about socrates: He is right i dont see any bad points in dat, A person who thinks he knows is the one who knows nothing, but a person who truly knows something never thinks about dat i know something, he just look forward to learn more, cus he know dat he know nothing !dats what he meant in dat Quote. And as he said Somwhere else:

The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing."
    --Socrates

18. Edited 7 years ago by Abbasilol

WoW i just saw some of Imam ali`s (Peace be upon him) Quotes in english and cant pass them O.O:

“Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.”
    ― Hazrat Ali

“The best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.”
    ― Hazrat Ali

“When the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray”
    ― Hazrat Ali

“Nothing hurts a good soul and a kind heart more than to live amongst people who cannot understand it.”
    ― Hazrat Ali

"People are asleep as long as they are alive, when they die they wake up."
    Imam Ali

"The vision Of the eye is limited,but
    The vision of the heart transcends all barriers of time and space."

"I am surprised at the man who searches for his lost item, while he has lost his own soul and does not search for it."
    Imam Ali

19. "You cannot go back and make a new beggining, but you can start now and make a new ending"

20. @Jordi223b "You cannot go back and make a new beggining, but you can start now and make a new ending"

Just click on "create new world"

21. Edited 7 years ago by HaloNest

"我選擇的是不好的,因為良好的太微不足道"
    I've chosen the evil cause the good was trivial
    "你可以作為一個英雄死亡或活得足夠長,看到自己成為了壞人"

truth is to say what people don't want you to say
    "神保護我的敵人,因為他們需要它"
    god protect my enemies because they need it

or Sign Up to reply!