Something Useful !

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Abbasilol

(Sry ive been too busy in last weeks, Let us continue)

I want tell you story about a divine love between two persons: Mowlana Jalaldin rumi and Shams, Its their first encounter, Shams was a wanderer, And it is said dat He was in two cities at a time... then he encounterd with mowlana (Rumi).

On 15 November 1244, a man in a black suit from head to toe, came to the famous inn of Sugar Merchants of Konya. His name was Shams Tabrizi. He was claiming to be a travelling merchant. As it was said in Haji Bektash Veli's book, "Makalat", he was looking for something which he was going to find in Konya. Eventually he found Rumi riding a horse.

One day Rumi was reading next to a large stack of books. Shams Tabriz, passing by, asked him, "What are you doing?" Rumi scoffingly replied, "Something you cannot understand." On hearing this, Shams threw the stack of books into a nearby pool of water. Rumi hastily rescued the books and to his surprise they were all dry. Rumi then asked Shams, "What is this?" To which Shams replied, "Mowlana, this is what you cannot understand."

And here some of Shams Tabrizi`s Quotes.

“Instead of resisting to changes, surrender. Let life be with you, not against you. If you think ‘My life will be upside down’ don’t worry. How do you know down is not better than upside?”
    ― Shams Tabrizi

“A life without love is of no account. Don't ask yourself what kind of love you should seek, spiritual or material, divine or mundane, eastern or western…divisions only lead to more divisions. Love has no labels, no definitions. It is what it is, pure and simple. Love is the water of life. And a lover is a soul of fire! The universe turns differently when fire loves water.”
    ― Shams Tabrizi

“The universe is a complete unique entity. Everything and everyone is bound together with some invisible strings. Do not break anyone’s heart; do not look down on weaker than you. One’s sorrow at the other side of the world can make the entire world suffer; one’s happiness can make the entire world smile.”
    ― Shams Tabrizi

3. "Life itself is only a vision. A dream. Nothing exists, save empty space and you. And you... are but a thought."

The Mysterious Stranger

4. Deleted 7 years ago by BenjoBanjo7
  5. When man has nothing, he is sad.
    When man has everything, he is miserable.
    -Haxington

6. Edited 7 years ago by MisterReco

"Everyone is genious, but if you judge a fish for its hability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    -Amos E. Dolbear

7. @Jordi223b "Everyone is genious, but if you judge a fish for its hability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    -Albert Einstein

Proof that Einstein said it, please.

8. 2 month revive, man

9. https://www.quora.com/Did-Einstein-say-Everybody-is-a-genius-but-if-you-judge-a-fish-by-its-ability-to-climb-a-tree-itll-live-its-whole-life-believing-that-its-stupid

10. By God! if wommen hadde writen stories,
    As clerkes han withinne hire oratories,
    They wolde han writen of men moore wikkednesse
    Than all the mark of Adam may redresse.

-The Canterbury Tales

11. Anyone else read the Khaled Housseni books? Good but mess you up a bit :I

12. “Don’t search for heaven and hell in the future. Both are now present. Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven. Whenever we fight, hate, we are in hell.”
    ― Shams Tabrizi

13. This seems oddly appropriate here:

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    -Asimov

14. @NutjobBob This seems oddly appropriate here:

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    -Asimov

No one knows everything.

15. Something useful? My Grand Dad used to tell me "Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument.

16. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@NutjobBob This seems oddly appropriate here:

-Asimov

But they are all same after all, aren't they? They both think they know everything! It's like looking at a mirror and getting annoyed by yourself!

17. @Cileklim It's like looking at a mirror and getting annoyed by yourself!

I-I-Is that not normal....I do that frequently......*reevaluates entire life*

18. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@jamlbon I-I-Is that not normal....I do that frequently......*reevaluates entire life*

We all do... *sad violin*

19. @Cileklim But they are all same after all, aren't they? They both think they know everything! It's like looking at a mirror and getting annoyed by yourself!

I think that's rather the point, it's intended sarcastically to point out the absurdity of thinking you know everything. Love the mirror analogy btw.

20. @Blackened_Dawn https://www.quora.com/Did-Einstein-say-Everybody-is-a-genius-but-if-you-judge-a-fish-by-its-ability-to-climb-a-tree-itll-live-its-whole-life-believing-that-its-stupid

k, I editted it :P

21. Edited 7 years ago by Abbasilol

There is only one good,Knowledge.And there is only one bad,Ignorance. :D-Secrates

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!