I have a Complaint about Venetorum.

1. 7 years ago

I just got my cast off my hand and got on Monday night. I missed everyone while I could not "WASD". I had fun and logged back on today. I said howdy to Goldsmith. A few minutes later someone said "Trump" I responded : "Trump is the new Snape". Venetorum whose name I had not even seen yet says "That's it" and I was kicked.... I went and reviewed the rules to see what I have done wrong. Here they are:

SERVER RULES​​​

Be respectful to other players - Don’t use extremely derogatory terms or epithets. Don’t insult or personally attack others in excess. If someone asks you to stop, then stop. Don’t cross the line or continue after you’ve been asked you to stop.

Don’t use excessive or extremely offensive profanity - Cursing is allowed in moderation, but don’t go overboard or get shockingly offensive with it. Staff will warn you if you’re crossing the line.

No hate speech in any form - Never engage in hate speech of any kind. This means chat, private message, in your builds, in books, your skin, signs, or any other way that you can think of.

Any form of cheating will not be tolerated - This means anything that gives you an unfair advantage over players who are playing the game the way the game was intended to be played.

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.

Don’t kill random TP’ers - The random TP is the best way for new players to safely get away from spawn without being slain by geared players. Teleporting with other players and subsequently killing them is prohibited.

Don’t have too many entities loaded around you - Press F3 and look for E: #/#. The second number should be lower than 100. If not, try killing animals/mobs, picking up dropped items, removing paintings, item frames, armor stands, etc.

Planet Minecraft - Do not come on the server saying you’re from Planet Minecraft and you’re here to review the server. Whatever happens to you is justified.

Don’t use inappropriate Names/Skins - your name, item name, name tags, nude skins, body part skins, subjective skins, etc.

No lava buckets near spawn - Lava buckets will automatically be taken away near spawn, you have been warned

No overworld gold farms - Overworld gold farms are a server owners worst nightmare, they cause crashes, chunk corruption and lag. Just for the love of god, don't make them.

No griefing any part of spawn - The staff and I have worked very hard on spawn. Sometimes certain parts of spawn can’t be protected and we have to live with that, however, that doesn't mean that you can grief it. If you are caught griefing spawn, parts of spawn, or the bridges, that staff have full right to give you weakness, move you or even ban you.

Ender Pearl or chorus fruit glitching is not allowed in spawn - If you are found using ender pearls or chorus fruit for glitching into the pvp arena or gaining an advantage in the parkour, you will be banned for 3-7 days. If caught again you may receive a permanent ban.

PVP in or near spawn is not allowed - PVP in or near spawn is not allowed - Unless in the PVP Arena, you should not engage in Spawn Killing, Trapping or any other form of PVP in or near spawn. This applies to all dimensions, especially nether where there is limited exits due to the shape of the terrain.

Random Teleport Killing/Trapping is not allowed - If you jump in to a random teleport with someone you did not agree to teleport with and you kill them, you will be banned. Either one of you, self defence or not.

TPA Killing/Trapping is allowed - It's up to you whether or not you make or accept teleport requests. Use the TPA system at your own risk, make sure you trust the players you are teleporting with, if you are killed and/or your base gets destroyed, its your fault.

Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't chat much. I am not a troll. I didn't do anything wrong. There was no argument. When I logged back on he's all "I'm ready with my ban hammer if you want to continue." Venetorum ruins Craftymynes for me. He is forever abusing what he views as his authority to kick and ban. I could understand if I was a problem here but I think you will find more people who have benefitted from me than not. I know no one will really miss me but I would rather play where I am not getting trolled by staff. People play games to visit with others and have fun. All the other staff understand that.

2. Edited 7 years ago by Saltyfish

The reason why you got kicked is because you mentioned a political name. If you said nothing, then nothing would've happened to you :P

3. And you spelled the Mod's name wrong lol

4. Edited 7 years ago by Mayorga

@Saltyfish The reason why you got kicked is because you mentioned a political name. If you said nothing, then nothing would've happened to you :P

^^^ Just, don't mention political stuff and you're fine. :P

5. Youve been on the server for a while now so you should know.

6. Political and other controversial chat issues are not permitted on craftymynes. This is because they cause flaming and trolling.

Venetorem was just enforcing that rule, perhaps he should have given a warning but I'm sure he had told multiple people before you the same thing.
    As VIP+ you are expected to know the rules too.

7. Deleted 7 years ago by Pimpcy
  8. Hi! While I was not online for this event, I think I have a grasp over what went down.

Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat. Also part of chat etiquette is having an appropriately named character since your name appears on the player list and in chat. If your name is inappropriate you will be asked to change it. You will likely be banned until you do.
    The logs are as follows:

[15:18:12] <Timothybot> TRUMP
    [15:18:16] <Quartz_King> ayyy
    [15:18:18] <Timothybot> u raided me
    [15:18:20] <_MasterDragon_> No politics
    [15:18:24] <NolanticV5> trump vs hillary
    [15:18:28] <SaltyFlubberFish> Don't say that Timothybot
    [15:18:31] <Venetorem> stop
    [15:18:32] <Quartz_King> who? Timothybot
    [15:18:33] <NolanticV5> who going to win
    [15:18:33] <_MasterDragon_> No politics in chat
    [15:18:38] <Janisdg> trump is thenew Snape....
    [15:18:42] <SaltyFlubberFish> Don't say that NolanticV5
    [15:18:43] <Venetorem> alright, that's it
    [15:18:48] <Julipukki> well, i know YOU will lose soon :)
    [15:18:48] <SaltyFlubberFish> Don;t say that Janisdg
    [15:18:51] <Timothybot> there was a sign that said trump raided me
    [15:18:53] <NolanticV5> ok MasterDragon
    [15:18:53] <LordVincent> ban them all
    [15:19:03] <SaltyFlubberFish> Timothybot Don't say that
    [15:19:04] Kicked Janisdg from the game: 'Reason: chat violations'

Moderating chat can be a tricky thing. The only thing that really works when an topic that is against the rules gets started is drawing a line in the sand and kicking anybody that says something afterwards. While I agree that you are a good player and I don't believe that you intended to go against what Venetorum said, you were the one that continued after he had said to stop.

None of our staff members are power-hungry or enjoy kicking people (it actually tends to be very unpleasant), but it is what we agreed to do when we became staff members to help keep the server running in a manner that is beneficial to all of us!

PS: Get to know Venetorum. He is actually very kind! =D

9. rnc crushing my bait with kindness

10. @Pimpcy vens like that one step dad when you're too scared to walk into the kitchen for a midnight snack that happens to be fruit cup

Wh-what the actual fuck does this mean ahaha ?!?

11. idk
    just wanted to say something weird for reactions
    ignore me

12. I would just like to point something out regarding this case. Offenses like this aren't handled on an individual basis, as in, Staff members aren't going to hand out individual warnings to each person that starts breaking the same rule... that would be ridiculous. Let me Explain the Process in motion:

[15:18:12] <Timothybot> TRUMP ----- Rule is Broken
    [15:18:16] <Quartz_King> ayyy
    [15:18:18] <Timothybot> u raided me
    [15:18:20] <_MasterDragon_> No politics ----- First Warning
    [15:18:24] <NolanticV5> trump vs hillary ----- Rule Is broken again by another person
    [15:18:28] <SaltyFlubberFish> Don't say that Timothybot ---- Second Warning
    [15:18:31] <Venetorem> stop ----- Third Warning and Official warning by a staff member
    [15:18:32] <Quartz_King> who? Timothybot
    [15:18:33] <NolanticV5> who going to win ---- Rule is Broken a third time, 2nd time by NolanticV5
    [15:18:33] <_MasterDragon_> No politics in chat ---- fourth Warning (This is officially out of hand)
    [15:18:38] <Janisdg> trump is thenew Snape.... --- Rule is Broken a fourth time by you....

You Ignored no less than four warnings to not mention political nonsense in chat. If staff members are telling other people to stop breaking the rules, what in the world would make you think that chiming in and contributing to the rule breaking with your own 2 cents would be appropriate?

Just because a player isn't a staff member doesn't mean you get to ignore them and continue to break rules. Most issues shouldn't require staff intervention at all. If you break a rule and someone calls you out on it, then stop. In this case, if you see a bunch of other players breaking rules and not listening to staff... don't jump in and become part of the problem...

13. Anybody else feel like this has been blown out of proportion? I myself think he should not have been kicked. There was warning I agree but he did not bring up politics TRUMP is not a strictly political figure he is a ceo of many different companies and a celebrity. THERE IS NO EXCUSE for him being kicked. He didn't say anything political. For those of you who say "Trump is the new snape" is a political statement, you need to get off your offensive horse and get on a objective horse. There is nothing political about that he is making a metaphor. joining things that are not of any equal. I have seen others get away with MUCH MORE! I like this server, but this is ridiculous, and in my opinion a failure. I suggest a clarification should be done with the rules or at least a formal apology be done.

Next question: If he was kicked for a basically innocent statement did the others get kicked? If not this is not fair at all. This is my views as a concerned CraftyMyner. I believe this was taken out of hand. I do not wish to upset anyone, nor start anything. Overall this could have been handled much differently and should have been.

14. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Trump is a presidential candidate in the race in which both candidates have high unfavourability ratings, so to suggest that he doesn't cause controversy or is not a political figure is intellectually dishonest.
    He is one of the most political figures on this earth at the moment if not he most. If he isn't then what does qualify as political ?

The mention of either candidate is enough to spark an argument which is what we are trying to avoid, this isn't a debate forum. Its a game, take your political discussion elsewhere. The rules are plenty clear on this and it should be well known to any regular our stance on political chat.
    If someone brought up Hillary especially in comparison like above it would have been an equal offense.
    There is absolutely no need to issue an apology for punishing someone who violates the rules nor does it need an excuse. Thats how rule enforcement works.

Overall this should not have been handled differently, plenty of warning was given and I suggest you reread our rules and ask staff any questions. We have enforced this precedent for over a year now without issue and it's unlikely to change based on your view that it's not correct because frankly from an objective stance its the best position.
    Also a kick is warning in of itself, so its a pretty moot point.

15. CMon dude...

For the last year or so I have been learning a lot about machine learning, neural networks, and other forms of computer information classification. The one thing that humans still have over machines is their ability to quickly determine very complex/abstract relationships between subjects. In a computers case it might look at the information and determine that "TRUMP" in this case was just saying a noun and nothing more. However, even a human with 2 brain cells could make the relationship between the polls that are happening, the candidates and the fact that this is indeed politics.

As you can see online, politics is a very sensitive topic that can get out of hand very quickly. It's in our best interest to stop it before it gets there. It's one thing if its just one person solely responsible for breaking a rule (just them should get warned, just them should get kicked) however, when a large amount of players a breaking the same rule, a blanket warning needs to be handed out in the form of a kick.

16. Really? So if I were to say "Putin reminds me of a monkey?" That is making me a target for kicking? That is socially dishonest. There is no reason with even the most rudimentary logic that would allow such a reaction.

As for my Intellectual Dishonesty, How dare you! Trump is a political figure as of right now. However lets use the Noun part right now. If I say "Trump is the new Snape" that is strictly not political and anyone who says so is a darn fool. Lets break it down....

Trump noun context: Donald Trump
    is: stating a state of being
    the: Following is
    New: saying latest or as or like
    Snape: A character who is part of a children's novel.

OH MY its so political. lets look at the definition of political: of or relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

Does this statement say anything about a government? does it say anything about our public affairs of a country. NO it states a neutral and primarily objective comment. To say "Trump" is strictly political is intellectual dishonesty.

I could see if it said. "Trumps a horrible presidential candidate" or "Trump is a jerk" "Trump sucks ass." whatever they say. Same for Hillary. as for the statement that has caused this I would venture to say it does not break the rules of the server and an official apology should be given to the player.

From the worried mind of a fellow CraftyMyner.

17. Even if we took away the political aspect of "Trump" it still falls under the controversial topic rule, as he is the center of a lot of controversy.
    It was just a kick, not a ban. No reason to raise your blood pressure over it.

18. Idk about you guys but I play minecraft to play minecraft not talk about anything from the outside world.

19. I have a complaint about this thread, I've had enough of it.

20. No, because if we allow this, what else can be controversial? There is no reason to have kicked him. HE DIDN'T Break the rules. IF we are talking about controversial then lets talk about base raiding, and selling coords of a player. Many would say that raiding and selling base coords should not be allowed. You are stealing someones work. Yet we talk about it all the time on the server. The topic of Controversial is about the society and CULTURE. So currently YOU are all BIASED.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!