The future of Spawn Eggs

1. 7 years ago

Back in 1.8, players were able to change their own spawners with eggs, so when we started giving them out, we knew we couldn't give anything OP. When 1.9 rolled around, it got patched so that only creative players could change spawners. We started changing spawners for the players as we did advertise the fact that eggs could be turned into spawners. When shulkers first came out, they were useless, it seemed harmless to make them an egg. Now shulkers are arguably op and the fact that we have shulker spawners is even more so.

Going forward, we will not be changing spawners for anyone, it's not Mojangs intention, takes up staff's valuable time, and creates an imbalance in the economy. I realize some players are holding on to their eggs for a later date so I will give notice in advance that you will not be able to place your eggs into spawners coming next month.

Thanks,
    - Crafty

2. 10-4

3. Thanks for this notification and I do believe it represents the best move for the server in terms of fairness between VIPs and Non VIPs as well as making us even more EULA compliant.

4. For the last 53 minutes since this post was made I've done nothing but sit here and contemplate the long term implications of this decision on the server, concerning the in-game economy, chances of selling vip+/server bill, and the new vs veteran player experience. I'll most likely make a post detailing my thoughts later, but for now I'll say that this is (in my opinion) absolutely the correct decision in the long run

5. That is a bit of a blow, from my point of view. Stopping it will leave 3 or 4 players vastly better off than those who havent got around to putting their shulker eggs in a spawner, so i struggle to see how this balances the economy unless you remove theirs too. Also it is not all about the economy. Along with a number of others, i enjoy the challenge of taming the more unusual mobs and am not particulary bothered about gathering mineral wealth. The redstone engineering side is what i enjoy.

Would it not be better to change this when the map is reset and everybody is put back on a level playing field? I am up for a map reset as the way to rebalance things.

6. I agree with @Tez1010, because I have a bunch of spawners in my base and loads of eggs that I could put in before next month that would make me many tiers above other players. I think that a reset would be best before implementing this. That's just my 2 cents :)

7. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

I agree with @Tez1010, I believe that this decision will impact the VIP+ sales and economy a lot. In the long run, 3-4 players will have extremely rare spawners and others will have to buy from them until another map reset.

8. if no more spawn eggs, then vip+ needs a buff! @CraftyMyner

9. Edited 7 years ago by Captain_Mitchell

That sucks. But it's understandable.

10. Blesian

17 Nov 2016 Suspended

Agreed with some of the citizens statements above, their should be a reset before this rule is applied.

11. Edited 7 years ago by Rybye

Hmm what would be the use of spawn eggs then?? :D

12. Edited 7 years ago by Cellexya

For teh lels, no need for them in vanilla survival anyways :P

13. @Rybye Hmm what would be the use of spawn eggs then?? :D

Trophies

14. @ViciousKangaroo Trophies

Lolol

15. Edited 7 years ago by Pimpcy

rip my zelda hed collection </3 :/

I agree for a reset though when necessary

16. Yes I wouldn't play anymore if I lost all of my materials From a map reset I would have severe difficulty but I do agree with the rest of what you are saying

17. @Sirchristopher10 I am sure that if the map was reset there are plenty of people who would help you rebuild your resources.

18. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

I have had some time to rethink this decision, stopping eggs from being able to be placed in spawners now will not fix the economy, however, I don't want next month's egg to be able to be placed in a spawner. Going back on my original statement, eggs will still be able to be placed in spawners, just not next month's egg.

19. Edited 7 years ago by Tez1010

That sounds fair enough :) A good compromise.

20. @CraftyMyner I have had some time to rethink this decision, stopping eggs from being able to be placed in spawners now will not fix the economy, however, I don't want next month's egg to be able to be placed in a spawner. Going back on my original statement, eggs will still be able to be placed in spawners, just not next month's egg.

What's next month's egg then? I ask just because it wouldn't really make sense with explanations. Or did i just missed the explanation while reading?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!