Sknup's Protection

1. 7 years ago

I have seen no prior mention of this on the forums, even after what unfolded today on the server in protest of this, and I can only assume this is due to fear of getting in trouble for even speaking of it. If this topic is not something allowed on the forums, please do tell that to the staff member who told me to write it here instead of speaking about it on the server.

It seems that sknup, a member of this server, has created a large build that has gained protection, something that is not supposed to happen on this server, according to everything it stands for and even the server itself when asked "Can I claim land here?". While I understand this alone: to want to protect a wondrous creation so that it doesn't get destroyed, I do not understand why sknup themselves are being protected as well, being allowed to live there and keep their items protected from raids, quite unfairly.

I have seen many players comment on how the server has become unfair and, quite frankly, I agree with them. All I ask for is a true explanation from staff, I think the players deserve that much, at least. Otherwise, we are left to assume that you only decided to protected it because it was a good build, but therefore protecting the builder and their things as well.

Pardon me if this creates anger or upset for anyone, and let it be known that I have nothing against any person involved. I am just curious and a bit rustled myself, considering that this is supposed to be a raid and grief-enabled server, yet someone in a "unique" or "special" situation is allowed to stand out from the rest, and yet is allowed to raid others without ever being raided themselves.

2. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@The__Judge I have seen no prior mention of this on the forums, even after what unfolded today on the server in protest of this, and I can only assume this is due to fear of getting in trouble for even speaking of it. If this topic is not something allowed on the forums, please do tell that to the staff member who told me to write it here instead of speaking about it on the server.

It seems that sknup, a member of this server, has created a large build that has gained protection, something that is not supposed to happen on this server, according to everything it stands for and even the server itself when asked "Can I claim land here?". While I understand this alone: to want to protect a wondrous creation so that it doesn't get destroyed, I do not understand why sknup themselves are being protected as well, being allowed to live there and keep their items protected from raids, quite unfairly.

I have seen many players comment on how the server has become unfair and, quite frankly, I agree with them. All I ask for is a true explanation from staff, I think the players deserve that much, at least. Otherwise, we are left to assume that you only decided to protected it because it was a good build, but therefore protecting the builder and their things as well.

Pardon me if this creates anger or upset for anyone, and let it be known that I have nothing against any person involved. I am just curious and a bit rustled myself, considering that this is supposed to be a raid and grief-enabled server, yet someone in a "unique" or "special" situation is allowed to stand out from the rest, and yet is allowed to raid others without ever being raided themselves.

Back in 1.8 when I first created this server I offered to protect sknup's base as if it were my own base, I moved it to the new map and have been doing so for all resets.

No players are allowed protection, however, staff that have valuables, spawned in items, or so wish to have their own base protected as they are not allowed to raid anyone else, can ask me to protect their base.

This base has been an ongoing project of mine for the last 2.5 years, while I don't have the same amount of time as sknup to build it, I still take pride in what we have accomplished.

This time around in 1.11 I decided to be more fair and took the protection off his base. However, a group of known hackers hacked their way to his base and started to grief and raid his base. In order to deal with the immediate threat, I added the protection back pending a more thorough decision of what to do.

I feel that if this player were a person with staff rank, or a personal friend of the owner, or the owner himself, it would be a much more different discussion.

Consider sknup's protection to be a temporary protection in place while we figure out how hackers got to a personal friend of the owners base.

3. @CraftyMyner Back in 1.8 when I ...

I see, and I understand. Thank you for your reply, and for allowing us to understand.

4. @CraftyMyner No players are allowed protection

5. Edited 7 years ago by BaronBattleBread

At least now you guys understand what i meant by unique situation and why i couldnt just put it all into the server chat to explain things while people were complaining instead of listening.
    i did tell you guys it wasnt protected untill last night, but its impossible to say why when the people who caused the situation are trying to incite a riot.
    Thank you all who kept a level head through that, btw, and decided to not cause further issues while things were being dealt with.

6. I think that sknup should not be able to grief or raid not saying that he is while his base is protected

7. why not just make it a public monument in construction for everyone to go to and see via teleporter at spawn or something

and Sknup can make a survival base to keep his belongings like everyone els does

8. @Pimpcy why not just make it a public monument in construction for everyone to go to and see via teleporter at spawn or something

and Sknup can make a survival base to keep his belongings like everyone els does

why would he make a survival base if he can continue to add to this one and not worry about being raided or griefed

9. Because it's an old structure both Crafty and Sknup took part in it and he cherishes it, that's why I suggested making it into a monument removing all the survival gear, etc and just leaving the structure protected and for all to see via teleporter, Kinda Like the ships at spawn

And sknup can make a survival bunker to keep his belongings in he's still a player like the rest of us I think he should either be limited to what he can do to other players or have that idea be taken into consideration
    I think a monument would be cool

10. @javonjw I think that sknup should not be able to grief or raid not saying that he is while his base is protected

I don't think he ever has so the point is moot.

11. @Pimpcy Because it's an old structure both Crafty and Sknup took part in it and he cherishes it, that's why I suggested making it into a monument removing all the survival gear, etc and just leaving the structure protected and for all to see via teleporter, Kinda Like the ships at spawn

And sknup can make a survival bunker to keep his belongings in he's still a player like the rest of us I think he should either be limited to what he can do to other players or have that idea be taken into consideration
    I think a monument would be cool

It's not finished though, so it doesn't make sense to have half a monument.
    Sknup so far as I'm aware has never raided or greifed or killed anyone so essentially the limit is there.

12. What about trading or selling or even gifting do you think that should be limited too I know it's a smaller thing to think about but with him and his items being completely protected against everyone els.

13. I don't believe it merits further consideration.

14. @Pimpcy What about trading or selling or even gifting do you think that should be limited too I know it's a smaller thing to think about but with him and his items being completely protected against everyone els.

Well nysic put is succinctly but I can't see how having items protected warrants a restriction.
    It's not like he's a big trader nor does it make really any sense, anyone can protect their items.

15. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

This exception makes me think of some scenarios:

If we had an enormous or beautiful base like sknup, would we get protection too? If not so, why him?

Or if a great base is being griefed by hackers like in this situation, shouldn't they get a temporary protection too? Isn't that an immediate threat?

Don't worry I understand that he spent hundreds of hours into his base but It doesn't sound fair at all.

16. @Cileklim
    If we had an enormous or beautiful base like sknup, would we get protection too? If not so, why him?

No. Because you aren't personal friends with the owner whom has been building it with you for 2.5 years.

@Cileklim
    Or if a great base is being griefed by hackers like in this situation, shouldn't they get a temporary protection too? Isn't that an immediate threat?

Again circumstances, admins already intervene in the event of hackers griefing bases. Sknup's circumstances are unique.

17. @R4iscool1 Well nysic put is succinctly but I can't see how having items protected warrants a restriction.
    It's not like he's a big trader nor does it make really any sense, anyone can protect their items.

You can't see how having items protected gives an advantage, huh? This is much more advanced than putting your items in a echest, he can store spawners, slime chunks etc. inside which is not really possible with a shulker box or an echest.

His playstyle doesn't make this any fair. No offense @sknup

18. Edited 7 years ago by Nysic

@Cileklim You can't see how having items protected gives an advantage, huh? This is much more advanced than putting your items in a echest, he can store spawners, slime chunks etc. inside which is not really possible with a shulker box or an echest.

His playstyle doesn't make this any fair. No offense @sknup

Sknup isn't hoarding diamonds or slime chunks or even spawners for that matter. Again this base is the project of CraftyMyner and sknup. The base itself contains nothing really of value past the sheer amount of time put into it.

19. @Nysic Sknup isn't hoarding diamonds or slime chunks or even spawners for that matter. Again this base is the project of CraftyMyner and sknup. The base itself contains nothing really of value past the sheer amount of time put into it.

So there is nothing inside? This leaves me with only few answers:

1) He only uses iron tools to get the resources he needs to build. No spawners, no diamonds, no grinders, no trading (which does not sound believable.)

2) He also has full or limited access to creative mode to get resources

20. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@Cileklim So there is nothing inside? This leaves me with only few answers:

1) He only uses iron tools to get the resources he needs to build. No spawners, no diamonds, no grinders, no trading (which does not sound believable.)

There is basically nothing but grass dirt and stone. He uses diamond picks from which he has mined from the ground.

@Cileklim 2) He also has full or limited access to creative mode to get resources

He has no access to creative mode.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!