1. 6 years ago

This may of been covered or discussed in the past but I am new and this is something that occured to me last night in coversation with some other players.

Voting for the server is important for obvious reasons but I for one and I know others feel the same do not feel impulsed to make voting a part of my daily Crafty Mynes routine. What does the player get in return? Some food that is very easy to come by, gontpnthe TP at any time and find seeds or stacks of wheat in the chests. Or some crafty credit that is handy for setting warps but people bypass that by logging on alts pr waiting for a froend to tp them etc. Or for a minimal amount of XP which is nice but who actually doesnt have an end gronder or some other form of mob grinder?

It may be worth making voting something every player wants to do not just because it helps the server but because there is also anrelatively decent reward. Possibly start a redemption system using Crafty Credit innexchange for certain items.

Its just a thought and again forgive me if this has been discussed in the past, I just want to know what everyone else thinks, thanks.

2. Edited 6 years ago by The3xpertGamer

The voting reward is not meant to be game changing, it is just so that players actually want to vote once in a while.

3. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

Rewarding players with valuables would not help the economy...
    Voting is just a way for players to help the servers out, I personally don't want anything in exchange it's just to help the server once again

4. Yes a voting reward is not supposed to unbalanced or interfere with the game, that's not it's purpose.

I would sincerely hope that people would vote not just for the obvious reward but the fact it keeps the server alive and without it we would get very few new players.

5. Also voting full time provides enough XP levels for all your daily needs imo.
    Also I hate getting meat myself sooo

6. Im not saying people could get ridiculous items that would invalance the game or anything like that. I also understand that most players vote for the good of the server which is good but not all do, a little revamp could have more people voting which would be even better

7. Don't forget that voting at least once per day for 25 days in a row will earn you a crafty crate, so there's that...

8. well the 25 day voting crate is a loot crate but not the same as the Crafty Crates if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, remember to vote everyday. I have had extra give-aways for voting and other staff have talked about it. There is always a good reason to Vote.

9. Surprised no one mentioned that you can get an elytra for 100 (?) credits.

10. Deleted 6 years ago by HaloNest
  11. Just throwing this out there.

You say having an alt negates the need for warps, I disagree. As it stands you have a home and a warp, this is effectively what you would have with 1 alt before warps were implemented.

Now with warps if you have an alt you have: Main home, main warp, alt home and alt warp.

12. And not everybody has an alt (i don't), I don't have any grinders at all either and i rely on votes for xp. Also it's 100 credits for elytra.

13. i have my humfrydog account, my alt account and sometin=mes i use my daughter stephycakes11 to get around to multiple locations. So basicly i got 3 homes, and 3warp 1 and 3 warp 2s available to me. With that said I still run out of vote credits cause we are all linked to the same ip. so when possible i buy credits

14. I can only do so much for voting, otherwise it would be game breaking and cause the economy to suffer. There is actually quite a few things you can get for voting and tbh, voting should not be for getting stuff but rather to help the server.

15. I and some others do occasional rewards for those who help voting for the server

@CraftyMyner voting should not be for getting stuff but rather to help the server.

^ this though is 100% true

16. Totally agree with what you say anout helping the server, but thats surelynonly going to come after a player has joined and become part of the community and feels a sense of commitment to the server. I dont think it needs to be done in a way that would inbalance or break the economy, just some immediate things that would help retain players

17. You already get so much for voting. Credits can be used for warps and getting Elytra, Magic Meat is always there when you are in a tight situation and need food and best of all you help the server.

I don't think a player getting good gear or a special item as a reward is warranted because as others have said, it would only harm the economy and take away from the "Vanilla"ness of the server.

18. Edited 6 years ago by GrandpaCarl00

Personally, I have my doubts on the server's economy from my interactions with players and simply reading the chat but if anything messing with the voting rewards isn't needed tbh; magic meat is enough and despite the presence of elytra ( though unlikely since most of the server use credits for warps ) but the presence of magic meat is highly underrated tbh many times the help of magic meat has gotten me out of dire situations and potential deaths from the nether or shulkers. ( In a nutshell, I agree with what @Scrappy_Dont is saying. )

CM is arguably one of the most vanilly-vanilla server from my experince and only upgrading the reward benefit of the voting system simply for the purpose of retaining players seems silly to me as changing the vote rewards is arguably one of the quickest ways to further upset the economy.

Also, it's vanila! Work for it yourself!

19. They already get the meat to support them when they join and vote. Iron armour as well, what else can we give them ? Diamond armour ?

Items given to newer players would be mostly worthless to older ones anyway which wouldn't encourage voting among them which is the goal since it shocks me how many people play this server for hours every day and don't vote.

20. Moved to suggestions

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!