Old Fashioned God Bow

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by AttackTeam

I'm in the market currently for an old god bow, one with all the maximum level enchantments including both mending and infinity. This excludes the curse of vanishing I've heard that a few people still own them, and i'm willing to shell out a good payment to get my hands on one.

2. btw can you get those from skeles?

3. i dont think so sirchristopher

4. @Sirchristopher10 btw can you get those from skeles?

Not anymore, no, the game will never spawn mobs with gear that can't be enchanted together in-game.

Example A: Skeleton spawns with bow that has Infinity and Mending.

Example B: Zombie spawns with a sword with Luck of the Sea.

Neither is possible to enchant in the game, thus neither will spawn.

5. Edited 6 years ago by j____a____r____d

@Sirchristopher10 btw can you get those from skeles?

There's a rare chance that trapped skeletons will spawn with a helmet or a bow with conflicting enchantments (e.g. Punch 1 and 2 on a bow, two Protection 3 enchantments on a helmet,) due to an oversight on Mojang's part.

Therefore, it could be possible for a trapped skeleton to drop a Mending Infinity bow in this way. However, Mending is a treasure enchantment, so it can only be acquired from dungeon looting, trading, or fishing. There's a 0% chance of Mending appearing on a skeleton's bow, so you're out of luck.

6. I would say a item like this should be worth 25 diamond blocks at a guess. At least that is my offer to get one.

7. Those go above a stack of db easily

8. @AttackTeam Duuuuuuuuude I got one tooooo when did ya get yours?

9. @GrinningBobcat @AttackTeam Duuuuuuuuude I got one tooooo when did ya get yours?

long time no see where you been Bobcat?

@alarmgv12 Those go above a stack of db easily

Ok so we are establishing a negotiation, lol I raise my offer to 64 diamond blocks

10. Deleted 6 years ago by GrinningBobcat
  11. Ok I will double my offer 128 diamond blocks

12. Edited 6 years ago by alarmgv12

@humfrydog What? I aint sellin or buyin anything, I just stated the price I bought mine for and saw other people buy for.

13. @alarmgv12 @humfrydog What? I aint sellin or buyin anything, I just stated the price I bought mine for and saw other people buy for.

I am merely responding to the topic that i too want one of these bows and I am making my offer known in hopes of enticing someone to respond willing to sell.

14. @AttackTeam @humfrydog I bid 130DB I am sorry humf all this talk has made me realize how much I miss my bow

15. I bid 160 diamond blocks

16. -image-

not selling hehe xd

17. @OtherGreenGamer -image-

not selling hehe xd

Your texture pack :(

18. I'm not selling a bow. I said I was buying one, for those thinking so

19. Edited 6 years ago by humfrydog

@AttackTeam I'm not selling a bow. I said I was buying one, for those thinking so

I understand that, I was starting a bidding war in case someone decides to sell
    Although i must add I sell mending or infinity bows for 2DB's each so you could go thru a lot of those for 2 stacks of DB's I think I will pull out of this bidding war and just use those.

20. This is slightly off-topic, but not enough so to be irrelevant. Is there any real use to owning one of these bows? I understand it's extremely rare now and certainly a valuable possession; I'd love to own one myself. But in terms of actual gameplay, is anyone really going to take their Mending+Infinity bow out with them to battle, whether it be PvP, a boss fight, or just day-to-day activities? The risk of losing it doesn't seem worth it, seeing as just owning one makes you the proud owner of a treasure.

Not trying to ruin anyone's excitement or anything, just genuinely curious if anyone would actually USE a bow of such caliber and rarity.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!